Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > do argos have a complaints department? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
do argos have a complaints department?
Closed Thread
Views: 40,750
# 1
tucbiscuit
Old 08-01-2007, 9:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via MSN to tucbiscuit
Default do argos have a complaints department?

I REALLY need to get in touch with them.

thanks
# 2
Pound
Old 09-01-2007, 1:20 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

It really depends on what area of Argos you want to complain about.
# 3
zenmaster
Old 09-01-2007, 1:43 AM

Customer Services
Argos Ltd.
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

Tel: 8070 600 303 but check saynoto0870 for a geo number.
You gotta ac-cen-tuate the positive. El-im-inate the negative and don't mess with Mr. In-Between.
# 4
sco0ter
Old 09-01-2007, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Customer Services
Argos Ltd.
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

Tel: 8070 600 303 but check saynoto0870 for a geo number.

Cool... I thought it was just this board...

For all the good thier customer service is at times
# 5
Lisa Docherty
Old 05-12-2009, 1:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Complaints @ Argos

Address: Argos Complaints Dept, Royal Avenue, Widnes, Cheshire, WA88 1AL, all info must be put in writing there is no tel no available, regards
# 6
rsykes2000
Old 05-12-2009, 1:21 PM

There are several forums more appropriate than grabbit for posting requests like this...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rsykes2000 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
ratbag6
Old 16-12-2009, 2:50 AM
MoneySaving Convert

is there an email for this?

My father in law ordered a electric bed for severe health reasons (part paid by the local dialysis unit)
Argos delivered it this morning and dumped it in the front room! blocking the doorway to the stairs and blocking the emergency oxygen tank!
Mymother in law had to phone and get her son out of work to moveit as it couldnt stay there in case they needed the oxygen or toilet (2people loer 70!)

Im fuming. I phoned up and was promised a call back but never got one.

So now i want to email. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ratbag6 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
ratbag6
Old 17-12-2009, 10:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

can someone please HELP thanks
# 9
anyusernameleft
Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Argos took over 400 pounds out of my account earlier this month without my having anything to do with it. When I complained to my bank, the Nat West, they basically said "What was I worried about? Argos returned it the following day" Well yes they did, but that's so not the point on any level.

How the F did they access my account in the first place? I've not bought anything from them in years. I got a new card from NW a few months ago and never used that with Argos. Or the two before it if memory serves me.

Nat West don't care. Argos complaints seem to be a severely premium rate phone number so I get to be ripped off even more money than the interest charges for 460 for 24 hours at NatWests overdrawn rates on a transaction that's serious wrong and there's no redress?

Really gives you faith in the security of this whole chip and pin s.
The Following User Says Thank You to anyusernameleft For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
savemethemoney!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default wow

anyusernameleft - I would love to know the outcome. Please update us!!
# 11
anyusernameleft
Old 28-12-2010, 9:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

No outcome. l I made my bank issue me a new card with a new number on it in the hope that would stop it happening again.

However, I think this sort of mis-charging is very common because I tried to buy a phone from Tesco and they billed a previous customer for it by accident. I'm having a terrible time trying to get the whole thing sorted out.
# 12
Pound
Old 29-12-2010, 11:58 PM

I'm guessing if Argos took money out of your account and refunded it shortly after that someone used your card fraudulently to buy something from Argos, Argos detected it and refunded the money.
# 13
anyusernameleft
Old 30-12-2010, 1:18 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I very much doubt it would have been noticed and refunded that fast if it was fraudulent. My bank agreed, some cashier probably just made a mistake, just like the Tesco mobile woman did when I tried to buy a phone. She billed it to the previous customer by accident and it was only by sheer chance that I asked her to read the card back to me and noticed it wasn't mine. Wish I hadn't now after all the grief I've had from Tesco mobile and all the money it cost in premium rate calls to their "customer services" department to try and sort it out.
# 14
Pound
Old 30-12-2010, 12:03 PM

But unlike with Tesco, Argos didn't already have your card details. The chances of entering a card number, expiry date and CVV code which happens to match a real person is billions to one.
# 15
anyusernameleft
Old 31-12-2010, 1:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Maybe, but the chances of a fraud getting spotted and refunded inside 24 hours have got to be somewhere in the same ballpark.
And if that's the case, why haven't Argos contacted me to explain and why did my bank know nothing about it and insist it was a mistake?
# 16
normoyle1969
Old 31-12-2010, 12:05 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry Argos never buy large items from them AGAIN!!!

Having placed and paid for a new washing machine from Argos instore one 4/12/10 it was delivered on time on the 10/12/10 worked fine on the first wash when it came to the 2nd wash it tripped my electric and came up with a error that the motor had packed in telephoned argos number and they wanted to send out a engineer i wasnt happy about that so went to the store that i bought it from and they arranged a replacment machine which was delivered on the 15/12/10.
Everything was going great till 23/12/10 when the washing machine took off and travelled half way around my kitchen and sprung a leak telephoned argos again and they were adamant that a engineer would have to come out he arrived today 31/12/10 and told me there was a problem with the drum and also the electrics he was told by me not to fix it i wanted a replacment machine cause if its having to have new parts after 9 days then i want a new one.

Afetr the engineer left i telephoned argos and filled them in on what was said i was told by them that they would have to pass the info on to the administration dept and they will get back intouch with in 24/48 hours possibly longer because of the holidays to try and sort out what the next step is.
Am i being unreasonable thinking that i have had nothing but problems since the first one was delivered on the 4/12/10 and having to wait another 2/3 days to see what they can do is a joke when they can sort it out now and order me a new machine odviously a different make.

Doe anyone know the number or email address for a complaints department IF THEY EVEN HAVE ONE ????

A very frustrated mother to 4 kids that need a new washer that works
# 17
CynicalScotsman
Old 31-12-2010, 2:00 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I work for Argos P/T, I had a similar issue with a customer before that turned out to be card fraud. A transaction was successfully processed on-line and the amount deducted, systems in place highlighted the potential fraud then a fraud prevention team are notified at head office who cancel the order and refund the amount.

That lady customer was obviously p****d off about having money taken from her, however, she did value this service a whole lot more once she found out that someone else was using her details as it saved her the hassle of trying to get her bank to sort out the problem... and waiting weeks/months to get her money back

Quote:
why haven't Argos contacted me to explain and why did my bank know nothing about it and insist it was a mistake?
Its not really Argos' place to contact you/the bank - and if 'someone else' was using your account details im sure they would have left your phone number to allow argos to give you a call

Quote:
My bank agreed, some cashier probably just made a mistake
Yeh! With the imaginary card, going into the imaginary card reader, entering the imaginary pin....
⚠ 2014 - COUNTDOWN TO INDEPENDENCE ⚠
The Following User Says Thank You to CynicalScotsman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
anyusernameleft
Old 01-01-2011, 2:20 AM
MoneySaving Convert

So cynical Scotsman, without the !!!!!!!!, what do you think I should do about it then to safeguard my account? How am I supposed to respond when what is to me a huge amount of money is abstracted and replaced? They don't have my phone number but they know where my bank is and could at least tip them the wink so we know where we are and can appreciate their very timely actions. If it's a fraud catching and sorting out thing I'd REALLY lie to thank them because that's brilliant of them if that's what happened! Seriously. How do I contact them to say thank you?

PS the !!!! were added by the forum censureship software.

Last edited by anyusernameleft; 01-01-2011 at 2:33 AM.
# 19
TheJunkieMonkey
Old 01-01-2011, 2:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default 28 Days Later - The Argos Horror Story

OK, Here is my moan.

Ordered 3 items in store in September 2010. All of them the 'Winchester range' so they match.

2 Items I could take in store and the wardrobe, well that was 'Too Big' and home delivery had to be used. It would take 28 days.

33 days later, nothing, Zilch. So I phoned. I assumed I would have the excuses, 'We tried to call' etc. But Nothing just we had 'Supplier Issues' and will take another 28 days. I should of seen the warning signs here.

Anyway after another 28 days and another 28 days (after I called them both times!!) I made ANOTHER call to be told the REAL reason the item was not ordered was because the wrong item was ordered!!!. Thats right the order number from September has changed and the NEW one needs to be ordered.

That was 1st December. It would take 28 days.

I called today (1st January 2011)after more no-calls and it will be 'Another 28 days'.

I have asked for a refund.

It will take 5 working days.

But probably will work out at 28 days
# 20
wealdroam
Old 01-01-2011, 7:12 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by normoyle1969 View Post
A very frustrated mother to 4 kids that need a new washer that works
Normoyle, are you going to update this thread now that Argos have agreed to replace your machine?

Last edited by wealdroam; 01-01-2011 at 7:19 PM.
Closed Thread