Someone's cat has had kittens in the bottom tier of my rabbit hutch

Options
I have two tier hutch, and I put the rabbit in the run this morning. I decided to give the hutch a good scrub clean, so I cleaned the top layer left it all open to air and dry. Went into do lunch, then had to go out do school run etc. Just got back now and was about to do the bottom tier and there is a cat with 3 gooey babies nested up in the bottom.

What do I do? No idea whose cat it is. Cat looks well looked after, just about to go ask a few neighbours to see if they know whose cat it is.
mum to; Two Boys (Non id twins)
Two Girls (Id twins)

Comments

• kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    I have two tier hutch, and I put the rabbit in the run this morning. I decided to give the hutch a good scrub clean, so I cleaned the top layer left it all open to air and dry. Went into do lunch, then had to go out do school run etc. Just got back now and was about to do the bottom tier and there is a cat with 3 gooey babies nested up in the bottom.

What do I do? No idea whose cat it is. Cat looks well looked after, just about to go ask a few neighbours to see if they know whose cat it is.

You take photos and post them on here for us all to go 'aaww' at :p.

I would ask around neighbours and if no ones knows who she belongs to then I guess taking her and the kittens to a vet would be the next idea. They can scan her and fingers crossed she is chipped.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • G51shopaholic
    G51shopaholic Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    leave them be and call RSPCA.
    If the kittens are new born is is important that you leave the mum to look after them - their too young to move.

PHONE RSPCA and they'll deal with it
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you have one, your local council Animal Warden should be able to offer help.

And YES PLEASE to photos :)
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    If you try and move them before mum is ready, she could try and move them again and kill them in the process. I think that you may have got yourself a lodger for a while - and a temporary house rabbit. Just think how perfect the hutch looked to her as she was looking for somewhere sheltered and safe to have her kittens.

I wouldn't recommend the RSPCA - but someone could be worried sick about their missing cat.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    If you try and move them before mum is ready, she could try and move them again and kill them in the process. I think that you may have got yourself a lodger for a while - and a temporary house rabbit. Just think how perfect the hutch looked to her as she was looking for somewhere sheltered and safe to have her kittens.

I wouldn't recommend the RSPCA - but someone could be worried sick about their missing cat.

I agree with Jojo,better for you to try asking on Cat Chat or Purrs as the are a lot of people on there who can assist locally to you & help better.

http://www.catchat.org/forum.html

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php
  • fannyanna
    fannyanna Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing constructive to say but ahhhhhhhh :D
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do NOT call RSPCA or animal warden, they would probably put the kittes to sleep.

If you can not find the owner, find a small cat charity - there must be one near by - and ask them for help.

And try not to move the mum/kittens as someone said before - this may scare her and push her to try to move her babies somewhere else....so taking her to vet to scan for microchip not the best idea at this moment when they are so tiney...

Photosssssssssssssssssss plssssssssssssssssss (yeas, I got 5 already.....no more, no more , no more LOL)
  • missmontana
    missmontana Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Def do not move them, just put some food and water near by for mum and get asking around :)

post pics and don't let anyone on here who is single and has multiple pets offer to adopt them... :rotfl:
    Be who you are, say what you feel, those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.
    They say that talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness. So I talk to the cats instead.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and don't let anyone on here who is single and has multiple pets offer to adopt them... :rotfl:

:p:p:p:p

( I was REALLY not checking where OP lives, I was REALLY not looking for extra litter boxes in the shed etc etc... honestly..... no I was not....)

:A
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    :p:p:p:p

( I was REALLY not checking where OP lives, I was REALLY not looking for extra litter boxes in the shed etc etc... honestly..... no I was not....)

:A

Me neither.......[cough]
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family