PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Saturday 5th March 2011

Options
donny-gal
donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 5 March 2011 at 6:33AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Saturday 5th March. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Bonjour mes amis

Woke up early as we want to be on our way.

OS - Bfast of weetabix and coffee in the room.
Lunch - anything in the coolbag out of the fridge;)

Hoping to make it home before midnight.

(((hugs))) all round - Take care all - Welcome newbies :hello:
DG
Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Morning donny and all who follow.

I woke up at 5,30am this morning :( !!!!!! it's a Saturday, why doesn't my brain realise that?! :rotfl:

I'm sat here watching the sun rise, the tide is in so all looks pretty :)

I'll pop back to bed later, just doing some bits and bobs now whilst I'm awake.

OS wise - WM is on and kitchen has been cleaned. Think it's a tad too early to hoover yet (downstairs neighbours might not be happy!) so will do that later. DW will go on after breakfast. Laundry needs to be put away, and new laundry out on airer.

Plans for today include waiting for handyman to come look at storage heater that fell off wall, then meeting the girls for lunch and shopping. Also want to pop to library.

Have a good Saturday all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • silvermaid
    silvermaid Posts: 643 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Donny, Flutterby and all who follow,
    Grey and cold here - was hoping for blue skies and sunshine. Upside is there's no frost.

Will need a big tidy-up of the kitchen this morning.
    Am intending to make smoked haddock fishcakes for today's dinner. Never made them before so fingers crossed.

Hoping to get out in the garden for a tidy-up later if the big yellow circle appears and warms things up. Visitors arrived yesterday, so will have lots of fun playing with DGDs and having everyone together for dinner after DGSs footy.

Flutterby your view sounds great :)
    Donny safe journeying :)
    Hugs to all who need or want them,
    Happy Saturday, Silver x
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx :laugh:
    As Cranky says, "M is for mum, not maid".
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Not posted for couple of days but managed to get on here today.
    I'm putting the washing on the line, but I think it's a waste of time as it's cold & overcast here. DW went on last night but hasn't been emptied yet, WM is about to go on with 2nd load.
    Sausage, egg, bacon & mushrooms for breakfast for hubby, scrambled egg for me.
    I've knitted about 20 pairs of bootees & tonight I'm starting a pattern for a baby jacket in aran weight yarn.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

Sooo cold here again. Have bumped the heating up for a while.

Just enjoying a coffee and a surf before I get on with my day. Have a day of housework and pottering planned and very much looking foward to it. My head cold is definitely on its way out thankfully.

Boiler service went ok yesterday so fingers crossed no breakdowns - this is the first year that is hasn't broken. Still we are covered by British Gas so not devastating if it does.

No idea what is for dinner again, must get back on the meal planning bandwagon! :rotfl:

Have a good Saturday all.x
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:j:j
    All the household is awake here, The twins are haveing there breakfast. They are off to there danceing class this morning. Im hopeing that they are going to be better behaced today than last week when they would not join in a do what they are told too. They normaly love going and join in with everything but last week they played up when they going there. they were not the only ones 3 others also had there minds on playing. The people who do the class must be saints. They have 15 little kids on a saturday morning from the age of 2upto the age of 5. Relly must be hard work trying to get all them to do what thay are told.
    Anyway the twins love going and they always show me what they have done later on in the day.

Im meeting my wife and the twins in town after there class. We need to get a few things. Not a lot as we had an internet shop come the other day.
    We shall be popping into aldi and the co-op. Will prob end up going into a couple of more shops too.

We had a frost here this morning its the first one for a couple off weeks.
    My punkin seeds and come up. The plants are about 3inch tall now. Out of seven seeds only 3 have come up. I saved the seeds out of the punkins that i grew last year. I shall be planting some Tom seeds today and put them on the back window sil.
    Also hopeing to get my bored bean seeds planted out in the garden over the next 2-3 weeks. Its jsut the right time now.

Well have a great day everyone:j:j

Enjoy:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Zoelikesjam!! enjoy your day! :bdaycake:

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

I really need to get back on the OS bandwagon!

OH has gone off to work, so i want to get the house work done, have a shower and then i plan on walking my dog to my mums house as my dad is going round there to get the property ready to sell and i've not seen him since christmas!!!

I'm going to bake some blueberry and attempt some rapsberry muffins/scones to take to them and also need to nip out to finish getting my dads birthday present sorted.

NO idea what to cook tonight, well i'll have fish pie and veggies but OH won't. We've got some frying steak, lamb chops and pork chops in the fridge, something fun and easy to make would be great. I was thinking of chopping up the lamb and marinading it to make some kebabs to serve with rice, salad and pitas. but can anyone else think of something?

Still losing weight, slowly but surely. Had to hoped to have reached 1 stone by now, but 12lbs isn't too bad at all.

Have a lovely day all

xx
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Good luck today miss RRuby at your job trial
    Halight bless at the twins hope they behave themselves today at dancing
    Cold here and there was a frost overnight but thankfully our car is garaged so no scraping at least the wind has died down as that was making it feel icy cold
    Dogs have been walked need to take DS to army boys as they are collecting in the town centre for Marie Curie cancer today, DD1 is still not right so she will spend the day in bed although she did perk up a bit when her BF got them camping tickets for V festival. DD2 is off to the gym then round to her friends we have friends coming tonite so will have a chinese not had one for a month as the shop has been closed for a month for new year
    Right Have a good day
    Hugs to all the poorlies and those with worries
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Woke up with a hang over too much wine I am going to give up alcohol for the month and see how I feel not such a big deal for me but when I do drink I really suffer:(
    a quiet wk end for us just some pottering in the garden if it stays fine we are building a summer house at the bottom which will become a home office it's really needed as the clutter on our dining table is shocking
    tea tonight will be acurry I will be low gi so need to check what I can have
    need to change the beds this morning
    tired mum well done on almost a year not smoking bet u feel so much better for it
    I am hoping to look back a year from now and feel a lot healthier and fitter
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • SpendlessKaren
    Options
    Morning
    I have been awake since 6am and it is really cold and frosty this morning. I am about to go to work until 4 :(... Oh how I hate working at weekends.
    Have a good day everyone, I can't wait to get home lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport