Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Lime Energy Saving Plug Recall - in today's MSE email
    • 2nd Feb 11, 10:02 AM
    Lime Energy Saving Plug Recall - in today's MSE email 2nd Feb 11 at 10:02 AM
    I see in todays email that you are reporting the recall of all Lime Energy Saving Plugs, product code: ES1017.

Do you have a link to this official recall notice please? (e.g. from the supplier)

I have one of these plugs, but not sure how I got it. However it came from the UK distributor Grass Roots Group UK Ltd.

I can't see any notice of a recall on their websites,

where you can see it is apparently still being offered for sale.
    I tried searching the internet for the recall notice and couldn't find it either.

I wanted to see the official recall notice as I wanted to know what exactly the fault is, does it affect all of these plugs or just a certain batch or ones offered through a certain outlet, is it a safety issue, etc.

Will the company be contacting me about this (since they have my address as they sent it me in the first place)?

I would call the company direct for clarification, but don't like the 0844 telephone number. Am trying to find a geographical (or freephone) number.

Edit: Have found the geographical number for them

01442 829400

Although I've also got the address of what seems to be the company that actually sent it, IOS in Jarrow.

Their phone number is: 0191 428 6525
    Last edited by Premier; 02-02-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

488Posts Today

3,567Users online

Martin's Twitter