Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

The Cheapest Gas Supplier With No Standing Charge?
    • 19th Jan 11, 3:03 PM
    The Cheapest Gas Supplier With No Standing Charge? 19th Jan 11 at 3:03 PM
    Dear All

I live in an ex-local authority flat and use gas only to supply my gas cooker in the kitchen. I use this fairly minimally, so the gas bill each quarter should be tiny but unfortunately it isn't. I find that I am on duel fuel paperless billing contract with NPower for both gas and electricy which charges a standard 70 pence per day standing charge for the gas alone. Until last summer I had been paying an agreed monthly direct debit of about 4 for my gas for several years on a different tariff but still with Npower, which seemed fine. Now I am paying about 28 per month for exactly the same amount of gas!

I would now like to identify the cheapest single fuel gas supplier without any standing charge at all, or alternatively, with the lowest possible standing charge. I'm not too bothered about the actual tariff for the gas per unit of use, because this should still be minimal. Can anyone help?

Many thanks indeed.

Arion66, London NW8.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,049Posts Today

5,804Users online

Martin's Twitter