Quidco won't pay up!

Options
We took at a Vodaphone contract last July via Quidco, expecting £90 cashback. Initially this wasn't 'tracked' but when queried it was added. Then when the time came to pay Vodaphone appeared as 'Declined'. Quidco say they have been investigating this for over 4 months, but still no solution or payment.

Do I have any rights to sue Quidco - they will probably say it is Vodaphones problem? Where does responsibility sit in this situation?

£90 is too much to just forget about..especially when both the phone and Vodaphone service is such a disappointment as well!

Comments

• patchwork_cat
    Options
    Not answering your question, but this is the exact sort of reason I don't use Quidco anymore. Too many issues just like this, I use Top CAshback now. However you mustn't ever rely on the cashback with any. I found that on more than one occasion I rang the intermediary to sort things out with Quidco.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No you can't sue Quidco. Cashback is not guaranteed! Anyone purchasing soloely based on whether they can get cashback or not is always taking a risk, and you should take this into account. Look at it as a bonus not a prerequisite.
  • misssarahleigh
    Options
    I have a £25 transaction that came up as declined. had an appeal open for 6 month and then went to confirmed (i stated that the transaction was sucessful and the company couldn't offer a reason for declineing it). NOt sure if i will get the money though.

Oh, and defo go to topcashback. Much better
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    I say sue them and then get back and let us know how you got on ;)
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • steven504
    steven504 Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I say sue them and then get back and let us know how you got on ;)

I agree this is a good idea. After a few cases people may now what their rights are and anyhow I doubt they will defend it and most probably just pay up.
    Lets not use quidco
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    steven504 wrote: »
    I agree this is a good idea. After a few cases people may now what their rights are and anyhow I doubt they will defend it and most probably just pay up.

i was taking the pi55
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • NoSatisfaction
    Options
    How long would cash back sites be around after the first successful test case?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    How long would cash back sites be around after the first successful test case?

Why do you think that a test case would be successful?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • NoSatisfaction
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Why do you think that a test case would be successful?

Is there a rhetorical question smiley? :D
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Is there a rhetorical question smiley? :D

It is not a rhetorical question!
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing