Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ThePiper
    NCP Parking Fine
    • 4th Dec 10, 7:26 AM
    NCP Parking Fine 4th Dec 10 at 7:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

I recently parked in an NCP controlled car park in the centre of Glasgow. I went to the ticket machine that was 5 feet in front of my car, paid for the ticket, displayed it and left.

When I returned I was shocked to find a fixed penalty stuck to my windscreen, only about a foot away from where my prepaid ticket was clearly displayed. I managed to track down the attendant and ask him how he made the mistake. As it turns out, I apparently used the wrong machine. Even though it was only 5 feet from my car (directly in front), it was actually a council machine for parking on the street. There was no signage to state it's a different area and no fence to seperate the car park from the street. Afterwards, I noticed the NCP machines within the car park but they were much further from where I parked. Before moving my car, I took lots of photos that clearly show where I was parked and the location of the machines, etc.

When I got home I immediately wrote to appeal the ticket and included copies of the pictures I took. I just returned from two weeks away to find a generic letter (with one small specific paragraph jammed in) saying that they refuse to overturn the fine.

As I was away, the 14 days have already passed so I am no longer eligible for the lower price for early payment so I am considering taking my appeal further.

If anyone has done this, I would love to hear about your experiences, etc. Also I'd greatly appreciate and tips and advice that may help me not just beat this unfair fine, but make NCP and the council improve the fencing and signage so that others don't let others be mislead too.

Thanks
    Ryan
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

63Posts Today

3,261Users online

Martin's Twitter