Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    budgie123
    Mouth and Foot Painting Artists - beware!!
    • 20th Oct 10, 11:53 AM
    Mouth and Foot Painting Artists - beware!! 20th Oct 10 at 11:53 AM
    This morning I have had a pack of 8 Christmas cards through the post from Mouth and Foot Painting Artists. It is a group of artists who paint with their mouths or feet due to disability.

I never asked for these cards and have no idea how I got onto their mailing list. There is a letter enclosed which says you can either keep the cards or send 6.95 for them, with no obligation to pay any money.....but there is a heavy guilt element attached.

After a bit of investigation this morning I have found out that this is not a charity and it is in fact a commercial venture. This is something that is not made clear in any of the bumf they have sent through. It's one of those 'tugging the heartstrings' type of things and personally I think it is a disgusting way to conduct 'business'.

Unsolicited mail, arriving in your post, making you feel guilty that you have to pay for the cards which you never asked for in the first place.

Here's a page about them in Wikipedia, it seems there are allegations that this company which allegedly makes millions of dollars every year, is not all it is cracked up to be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Mouth_and_Foot_Painting_Artists_of_ the_World

Also, if you do a quick google, you will see that many people have reported receiving these unwanted items in the post and have been fooled into assuming it is a charity and paying for them.

Beware!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

110Posts Today

2,548Users online

Martin's Twitter