IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Premier Parking Solutions
Views: 11,267
# 1
frog_southampton
Old 16-08-2010, 10:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Premier Parking Solutions

Anyone had a ticket from premier parking solutions?
We have had one from premier parking solutions.
Went to the parking ticket machine to get a free ticket for 90mins, was gone form car for 2mins, got back to find a ticket for 70 within 7 days or 100

can this be ignored?

thanks
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Driver8
Old 16-08-2010, 10:16 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog_southampton View Post
Anyone had a ticket from premier parking solutions?
We have had one from premier parking solutions.
Went to the parking ticket machine to get a free ticket for 90mins, was gone form car for 2mins, got back to find a ticket for 70 within 7 days or 100

can this be ignored?

thanks
In one word, yes.

Also all the rest of the begging letters you will get too.

The house of PPC is crumbling.........eheheheheheh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Driver8 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Coupon-mad
Old 16-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I see you are wondering if anyone has had letters from this mob. Yes, they are well known scammers like all the rest.

A quick search found this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2237733

...from which you will see letters come from Valley Enforcement and then CCS Collect. CCS Collect's letter chain is shown on the sticky 'PPC letters/threats, what to expect' if you look for their letters shown under another PPC. CCS Collect like to finish with a letter giving '72 hrs notice of a Home Visit' and then they give up of course. No 'home visit' LOL!

For advice, look at the advice and all the links on the linked thread, nothing has changed, the advice is still to completely cold shoulder them and file the fake ticket and scamming debt collector threats.

HTH
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless it was in Scotland or NI.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
cb1979
Old 17-08-2010, 1:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,Yes do not pay them or contact them
A member of my family got a ticket from them just over a Year ago now starting at 70 for a quick payment or 100 after 14 days
We ignored it and they got the owners details from the DVLA
We sent them a template letter and a copy of the valid ticket,and their response was to hand us over to one of their partner companys,Valley Enforcement who sent us an invite to pay them 130
We ignored this and the handed us over to their Partner Company,CCS Collect who sent us a few nasty threatining letters and the final was a notice of a 72 hour home visit.
This was recieved at the end of October last year and no contact since
Premier Parking solutions have been getting alot of bad press in the town where we live,a 3 week article and now a local MP is trying to speak to them but the refuse to answer any questions
The Following User Says Thank You to cb1979 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
alexperez
Old 06-10-2010, 2:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1979 View Post
Hi,Yes do not pay them or contact them
A member of my family got a ticket from them just over a Year ago now starting at 70 for a quick payment or 100 after 14 days
We ignored it and they got the owners details from the DVLA
We sent them a template letter and a copy of the valid ticket,and their response was to hand us over to one of their partner companys,Valley Enforcement who sent us an invite to pay them 130
We ignored this and the handed us over to their Partner Company,CCS Collect who sent us a few nasty threatining letters and the final was a notice of a 72 hour home visit.
This was recieved at the end of October last year and no contact since
Premier Parking solutions have been getting alot of bad press in the town where we live,a 3 week article and now a local MP is trying to speak to them but the refuse to answer any questions
would this still apply, got a parking ticket today in Crawley and was 4 minutes over the time..was funing at paying 100 fine for this. I am slightly scared about not answering the ltters or paying though?? It will be my luck that they do actualyl come to my house, living with my parents still so this wouldnt be good? This would be just my luck, any good advice out there?
# 6
Sir Roger deLodger
Old 06-10-2010, 2:21 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexperez View Post
would this still apply, got a parking ticket today in Crawley and was 4 minutes over the time..was funing at paying 100 fine for this. I am slightly scared about not answering the ltters or paying though?? It will be my luck that they do actualyl come to my house, living with my parents still so this wouldnt be good? This would be just my luck, any good advice out there?
The scam is mail based. They don't do home visits.
They are not going to waste fuel driving all the way to your house just to be told to sod off.

Carry on ignoring!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roger deLodger For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Coupon-mad
Old 06-10-2010, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexperez View Post
would this still apply, got a parking ticket today in Crawley and was 4 minutes over the time..was funing at paying 100 fine for this. I am slightly scared about not answering the ltters or paying though?? It will be my luck that they do actually come to my house, living with my parents still so this wouldnt be good? This would be just my luck, any good advice out there?

You need spend no time AT ALL worrying about anything except getting some scam threatograms in the post (and maybe a phone call or two if they want to push their luck and harass you). Just so they don't panic and pay this scam charge for you (pleeeeease don't let that happen) read up on the con then show your parents this thread and the links below, we are all telling you the same thing.

We speak from experience, I ignored a PPC ticket last year and they just sent 3 debt collector letters, that's all. Debt Collectors do not just turn up at your door (that would be harassment = criminal offence on their part).

No-one will call at your door, they CANNOT just send the boys round. You are thinking of bailiffs, it's a common mistake. Debt Collectors are not bailiffs.

The 'debt collector/legalese' letters you (in fact the registered keeper) will get are just like a series of phishing emails, think of them that way. If you got, say 5 emails over a few months telling you to send some money to collect your Nigerian Lottery winnings, would you reply? Would you pay? Would you even read the emails in any detail? Of course not, you would delete the emails without a second thought and snort with laughter about their pathetic extortion attempt. SAME AS THIS SCAM.

Need more corroboration than just MSE forum strangers? Here's a link to Watchdog on private parking tickets from May this year (apparently they are going to cover this scam again next week, make sure you and your friends/family don't miss it!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

And a pictorial preview of the not-so-scary letters private parking co's (PPCs) send out in liaison with their pet 'debt collector':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803

And finally, how about seeing how common your thread is, did you know the entire board is full of people like you ignoring this scam? All these threads on this next link below are about private tickets (apart from the odd Council case) and every single person is ignoring a series of letters, which isn't too hard to do. It's just like deleting a series of phishing emails. Read plenty of other threads like yours here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Have a read of threads, watch the Watchdog clip. You get that it's all a scam now I hope? Spread the word, make sure your family & your friends are NEVER taken in by such a con. You only have to ignore some letters, that's all. It's quite funny when you know the score.
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-10-2010 at 7:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Knocker
Old 13-12-2010, 9:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Virgin PPC Reciever

I have just received my first ever PPC - thanks to all for sound advice.

I will keep all letters related to this and post it on this forum - I also vow to inform other people of these scamming ne'erdowells at every opportunity.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knocker For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
missbh
Old 24-10-2011, 6:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I received a parking ticket in Crawley in July 2011 for 75.00 and was parked for 5 mins. I have appealed it 3 times now to Valley Enforcement who have written back refusing to waiver the fine. I have now recvd a letter from CCS on behalf of Premier Parking Solutions. I rang and spoke with someone there who has advsd I have to take this up further with PPS as CCS are only acting on their behalf (all v. confusing - I think that's the idea?!) Do I just ignore this now and hope it will all go away? I am slightly worried as the correspondence from CCS was actually sent to my Grandmothers house which is my old address and the last thing I'd want is someone turning up there? I have been trying to appeal this in what I feel is the right way rather than ignoring them but reading this forum am wondering if just ignoring them now will make them give up or have I made it worse for myself by previously contacting these people and disputing so many times? Help!
# 10
trisontana
Old 24-10-2011, 6:41 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

missbh, just to put your mind at rest. This is not a FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice. Nobody will turn up at anyone's house. Please don't confuse powerless debt collectors with proper bailiffs. The latter would only come on the scene in the very, very unlikely event that it case goes to court, you lose and then you don't pay whatever the judge orders. So relax, don't worry and don't contact these clowns again.
I am an "internet guru" (copyright Stephan Hall @ UKCPS)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
missbh
Old 03-11-2011, 6:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thank you for the advice. I am still slightly unsettled but will wait this out and ignore them from now on and hopefully they will give up...
# 12
Coupon-mad
Old 03-11-2011, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbh View Post
Thank you for the advice. I am still slightly unsettled but will wait this out and ignore them from now on and hopefully they will give up...

Do not be worried at all! Do scam phishing emails worry you as well or do you just suss them and delete them? How is this scam different?

Read the 'sticky' threads at the top of the board, called 'welcome, please read before posting' and 'PPC letters, what to expect'. Make sure you watch the Watchdog clip on one of those stickies:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Bottom line = this is a scam, not a fine. It's a fake PCN.

Ignore the letters, DO NOT APPEAL, but read the forum stickies I mentioned first. Then read any other private parking co (PPC) thread that catches your eye on the link to the whole forum view - you will see a pattern with the advice given every single day on here.

It's just a game of playing snap with each scary letter that matches our sticky info - Valley Enforcement use the same letter-chains from the same Debt Collectors as some other PPCs - it does not matter a jot that Valley are not specifically mentioned in the top thread. It's easy, you just have to ignore some letters...been there, done that myself.

You will be in no doubt when you get letters that just match EXACTLY the ones we show in pics in the top thread, and when you have seen the Watchdog Solicitor!

Oh, and welcome to MSE, you just dodged a SCAM.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 03-11-2011 at 8:15 PM.
# 13
bondy lad
Old 03-11-2011, 8:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

missbh,, please dont worry, doesnt matter what you have done/not done so far,, now this is what you do from now on,,,oh, yes,, you have guessed it in one,,,ignore,,,they prey on the vulnerable and honest folk trying to con them out of their hard earned money,,,do not give it to them,relax,feet up,glass of wine, keep coming back here for reassurance if you need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bondy lad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
bromsgrovebarry
Old 03-11-2011, 9:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Missbh, nobody is telling you to do something that we have not done ourselves. I routinely ignore threatening letters from private parking parasites and like everybody else, have not been taken to court. The letters are designed to scare you, they have no legal validity.
Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!

Last edited by bromsgrovebarry; 04-11-2011 at 7:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bromsgrovebarry For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
missbh
Old 07-11-2011, 9:14 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks to all of you guys for taking the time to respond. So just to update you I have now received my first letter from CCS...will keep you posted!
# 16
cb1979
Old 15-11-2011, 12:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi my family member got their 'invoice' in July 2009 at the Crawley car park Sussex House
Still waiting for their 72 Hour home visit from October 2009,they must have got lost somewhere
Just ignore them and they will go away and find another mug
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cb1979 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Inflatable Armadillo
Old 15-11-2011, 12:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks cb1979. Real cases like yours, where you come back and post and prove the advice given on this site works is very useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inflatable Armadillo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
themewt
Old 17-11-2011, 1:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Having also received a ticket for premier parking solutions at the start of the year I followed all the sound advice posted on this site and just filed the numerous letters I was sent under B. 1. N! The last one I received was the begging letter offering me a reduced fine of 65 which I also filed straight under B.1.N and have not heard a thing since. So MissBH and all the others who have received these notices do not worry nobody will come knocking on your door. Just do as I did every time another letter came from these comedians which was to laugh my head off as this has just cost them more postage and administration costs which they are never going to get back!!
The Following User Says Thank You to themewt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Shaftme?
Old 13-12-2011, 7:19 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default This could be me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themewt View Post
Having also received a ticket for premier parking solutions at the start of the year I followed all the sound advice posted on this site and just filed the numerous letters I was sent under B. 1. N! The last one I received was the begging letter offering me a reduced fine of 65 which I also filed straight under B.1.N and have not heard a thing since. So MissBH and all the others who have received these notices do not worry nobody will come knocking on your door. Just do as I did every time another letter came from these comedians which was to laugh my head off as this has just cost them more postage and administration costs which they are never going to get back!!
Exactly the same for me to the last begging letter. All started in June this year and despite their assurances I haven't been hung, drawn or even quartered!
Nothing but empty threats and utter nonsense. In like minded spirit I'm going to send them a Xmas card wishing them the worst of times.
If anyone is new to this forum and is wondering whether ignoring PPS works, then let me absolutely assure you it does.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaftme? For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
dod 1
Old 15-12-2011, 11:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just got a parking ticket in Crawley and I did have a ticket on the dashboard!!! Guess their attendent didnt reach his daily target..... so mad.. I was going to appeal but after reading your comments I have no intention of talking to these cowboys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dod 1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>