Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    emma_b
    0 WOW
    penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:14 PM
    0 WOW
    penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up 12th Sep 06 at 7:14 PM
    hi, after reading a letter in dear diedre that really pulled on my heart strings i decided to write to penpals in the forces/soldiers/etc.
    anyway got an email back from the sun and you can do it all online dont even need to post the letter you just type it and send it through a website, called e-blueys
    so if anyone has a spare ten mins and wants to brightne up the day of someone far away and feeling fed up, PM me and ill send you the list of people who wana penpal and how to do it, its really easy and its FREE
    Last edited by emma_b; 24-08-2007 at 7:46 AM.
Page 1
    • KittyKate
    • By KittyKate 12th Sep 06, 7:18 PM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 1,920 Thanks
    KittyKate
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:18 PM
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:18 PM
    Have you a link please? I've googled but can't find one.
    • headcovers
    • By headcovers 12th Sep 06, 7:19 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    headcovers
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:19 PM
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:19 PM
    Speaking as someone "in the trade" all messages are always gratefully received.

Go to https://www.superletter.com/bfpo/BulletinBoardView.cfm for the bulletin board to post general support.

E-Blueys to a specific individual can be sent from http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/ebluey_home.htm
  • emma_b
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:25 PM
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:25 PM
    https://www.ebluey.com/bfpo/login.cfm?CFID=253162&CFTOKEN=fa0667b70987e88a-A2E4E006-A840-8F56-08D1AD86A849BA5D&jsessionid=a0301f5a3b5178137079

i got a list of ppl who want a penpal and can Pm it, i duno if i can post if publicly on here?

ive writen to about ten of the names on the list but wanted to encourage others to
    • headcovers
    • By headcovers 12th Sep 06, 7:26 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    headcovers
    • 12th Sep 06, 7:26 PM
    Please don't post the names!
  • emma_b
    LOL no i know! thats why i said Pm me, i can do that cant i?
  • emma_b
    • 12th Sep 06, 8:07 PM
    • 12th Sep 06, 8:07 PM
    graet stuff lots of you pming me keep it coming and tell a friend, its my good deed for the day!
    • jpwhittle
    • By jpwhittle 12th Sep 06, 8:29 PM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 2,593 Thanks
    jpwhittle
    • 12th Sep 06, 8:29 PM
    • 12th Sep 06, 8:29 PM
    this is a really good thing my husband is in the forces and i know some of the guys dont get any letters or anyhting when they are out there. its really sad to hear when they have gone four months with nothing especially over christmas. seriously if you have a spare 10 minutes i know most of them would really appreciate it they work so hard it really picks them up when they get something in the mail.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed
  • Labrisse
    • 12th Sep 06, 8:33 PM
    • 12th Sep 06, 8:33 PM
    What a fantastic idea, i'm definatley interested!!
  • KizzyK
    Ive Pm'ed you

Now this may sound like a silly question but how do I write the first letter? Ive never had a pen pal before and dont really know what to say :confused:

Is there anywhere I can write using snail mail?
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

• emma_b
    yes ill send you the snail mail info, if any1 else wants that pm me, i just thought emailing might appeal to more ppl, i think you do get letters rather than emails, they get printed out somewhere but it just saves you going to post office for bluey envelope.

i just wrote a few paragraphs, felt a bit daft too ive never had a ppal beofre either, i wote a bit about me and my OH and what i do etc and jut aksed them to write back and id keep in touch kind of thing!

will try to send it again
  • crispeater
    omg im with KizzyK, what on earth do you write?
    i definately have 10/20 minutes spare but i really wouldnt know what to say!
    • jpwhittle
    • By jpwhittle 12th Sep 06, 9:06 PM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 2,593 Thanks
    jpwhittle
    just write anything at all. tell them about yourself and what you do and ask them about themselves. christmas is definatly a good time to write as well as you can wish them merry christmas some of them seem to get forgatten aabout at that time cos they arent here. my husband was away the other christmas and it was suprising how many didnt et a card or parcel from back home.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed
  • goggins1977
    What a fantastic idea ,i would love to be able to brighten someones day just by writing an email.
  • emma_b
    i have pmd every1 who has pmd me,, you email the letter and it gets printed off somewhere and then posted so really all it takes from u is the same as an email xx
  • emma_b
    for snail mail just wrie the letter and post it! doh wasnt finking ealrier have had so many replies well done every1 x
    • vikki_louise
    • By vikki_louise 12th Sep 06, 11:24 PM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 5,854 Thanks
    vikki_louise
    thanks for that, i send emails to sick kids via www.postpals.co.uk but would be nice to be able to speak like an adult!
    Best wins in 2013 200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with 300 vouchers plus 1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
    • lifeslove
    • By lifeslove 12th Sep 06, 11:44 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    lifeslove
    Hi Emma, I sent you a PM but it seems your mailbox is full.
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 12th Sep 06, 11:46 PM
    • 8,429 Posts
    • 52,007 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    Just to let everyone know, the e-blueys are printed in theatre and sealed in an envelope that is part of the paper (hope this makes sense). Often there are are problems with the printers in certain areas (you can check on the website for this) but on those occasions the e-blueys are printed elsewhere and just put in the psot.
    • vikki_louise
    • By vikki_louise 12th Sep 06, 11:51 PM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 5,854 Thanks
    vikki_louise
    hi, just pmed you (hope it arrived ok?) to aks for someones details.
    Best wins in 2013 200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with 300 vouchers plus 1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

5,753Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin