Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    clearing_out_my_pockets
    A Payment A Day - Part 9
    • 28th Jul 10, 10:58 AM
    A Payment A Day - Part 9 28th Jul 10 at 10:58 AM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert:

What's it about? The Payment a Day (PaD) forum thread started in 2008, based on the idea of making a payment to just one debt every day – even if just a penny.

Two years later, nine forum threads have been filled and half a million pounds of debt paid off, proving it really does work. So we're giving it a special mention in the weekly email to help inspire others, and say congrats to all involved.

Can I join in? Of course - just sign up to the forum (it's free) and click 'reply' to say hi to your fellow PaD-ers!

Back to the original post...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The Rules*

1) To assist the monthly 'counter-upper' please post your PaD in Bold, colour, large, or all three
    2) Once you join, you cannot leave

*The principles*

Emily Hallett started a fantastic thread called 'a payment a day' which you can find here:

Thread 1

The thread was a huge success and was continued in 'A Payment a Day Parts 2-8'. Those threads can be found here:

Thread 2 Thread 3 Thread 4 Thread 5 Thread 6 Thread 7 Thread 8

The thread is extremely supportive and friendly, with lots of madness and smileys to boot! It is ever increasing, which is why part 9 has now been started.

The principle of the idea is that you pay any extra money you have against a debt to clear it a little bit quicker. Not everyone makes a daily payment, but instead they save money to make a lump sum at the end of the month. You can do it anyway you want to, but join the thread and let us know how you are getting on.

Some PaD-ers have cleared their debts and are now focusing on saving following the same principal, so they still post on the thread. Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime.

Best wishes to everyone

*The numbers*

To show how well we all do, the collective amount paid to each debt, per month, will be logged here. Look how amazing the totals are

January 49,718.31 What a great start to the year!!
    February 55,442.48
    March 49,726.57
    April 41,898.23
    May 47,278.84
    June 48,604.92
    July 41,914.26
    August 57,074.96
    September 31,421.27
    October 40,050.33
    November 37,664.42
    December

2010 so far : 500,794.59

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by clearing_out_my_pockets; 10-12-2010 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Re-formatted
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP

(Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,528Posts Today

7,030Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin