Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Credit check failed twice - but i dont have bad credit!
    • 11th Mar 10, 7:18 PM
    Credit check failed twice - but i dont have bad credit! 11th Mar 10 at 7:18 PM
    Wasnt sure where to poste this, anyway.

I tried to order a new phone on contract, O2 said i had to pay a 100 deposit, i rejected this and canceled the order. I then phoned vodafone who did a credit check over the phone for me and they said it had come back rejected, i really dont understand why. I've never had debt, never been in arrears, necever had a credit card or loans etc.... also i moved into my new apartment only 6 weeks ago and the letting agent did a credit check on me that came back fine! Anyone know why the mobile companies could be getting a bad credit score for me?

Only idea i have is:

1. Im not yet registered on the electoral register for this address.

2. i have another phone on contract and maybe they dont like you having two(?)

3. Someone in the past month had used my details and got loans etc in my name, (but surely i would heard something by now like the banks etc would of contacted my past addresses one being my parents.)

So yeah any ideas, it's driving me made, i started to 2 credit check with equifax earlier but there phone line close at 5 so i have to wait till tommorow to get it through.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

2,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's official (by me) Manchester has a far better crisp selection than London & cheaper. Just refound tomato snaps & salt n vinegar twists!

• RT @flickandjulie: When you're travelling the UK with a comedy sketch show inspired by the wonderful @MartinSLewis & this happens! ???? http:/?

• Urgent: Your help's needed to fight a govt student loan u-turn that means many will pay more. Full info... Pls RT

• Follow Martin