Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Hopeful1
    A Payment a Day -Part Seven!
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:08 PM
    A Payment a Day -Part Seven! 2nd Jan 10 at 4:08 PM
    Emily Hallett started a fantastic thread called 'a payment a day' which you can find here:

Thread 1

The thread was a huge success and was continued in 'A Payment a Day Part 2'. That thread can be found here:

Thread 2

And once again in Part 3 found here:

Thread 3

And Part 4:

Thread 4

And Part 5:

Thread 5

And Part 6:

Thread 6

The thread is extremely supportive and friendly, with lots of madness and smileys to boot! It is ever increasing, which is why part 7 has now been started.

The principle of the idea is that you pay any extra money you have against a debt to clear it a little bit quicker. Not everyone makes a daily payment, but instead they save money to make a lump sum at the end of the month. You can do it anyway you want to, but join the thread and let us know how you are getting on.

Some PaD-ers have cleared their debts and are now focusing on saving following the same principal, so they still post on the thread.

Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime.

Best wishes to everyone

To show how well we all do, the collective amount paid to each debt, per month, will be logged here. Look how amazing the totals are

January £49,718.31 What a great start to the year!!
    February £55,442.48
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
    Last edited by Hopeful1; 02-03-2010 at 3:55 PM.
    One step at a time
Page 1
  • Hopeful1
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:09 PM
    Totals
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:09 PM

January £31,633.52
    February £27,954.19
    March £38,976.80
    April £34,235.12
    May £35,660.62
    June £38,126.07
    July £54,400.38
    August £48,544.56
    September £52,615.38
    October £38,785.50
    November £31380.78
    December £54,076.11

Total for 2009....

£486,389.03!
    Last edited by Hopeful1; 02-01-2010 at 4:18 PM.
    One step at a time
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 2nd Jan 10, 4:18 PM
    • 13,652 Posts
    • 134,366 Thanks
    mooomin
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:18 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:18 PM
    Woo, new thread!

*puts kettle on*
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, £100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 2nd Jan 10, 4:21 PM
    • 3,334 Posts
    • 15,847 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:21 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:21 PM
    Just about to update my PAD and I see a post with 'shouting' words on so thought I better read before I post and lo and behold the thread has been moved!!!

My PAD is £5.00 house costs.

I have converted my Lightspeed points into a Paypal transfer so should have some money in shortly which I can then move into bank account.

Thanks guys

EE
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 24 for May
    NSD - 1/20
    (updated to 01/05/16)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Sassers
    • By Sassers 2nd Jan 10, 4:23 PM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 8,007 Thanks
    Sassers
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:23 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:23 PM
    Ooooh 'ello! 'tis a shiny noo thread.....(pops off to ring BT arrears so I can pad now in a minute......)
    Love Sassers x
    Current debt and mortgage: £44, 015
    Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010) I will be debt and mortgage free soon!
  • Hopeful1
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:24 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:24 PM
    and here's the cake:

One step at a time
  • Hopeful1
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:25 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:25 PM
    Just about to update my PAD and I see a post with 'shouting' words on so thought I better read before I post and lo and behold the thread has been moved!!!

My PAD is £5.00 house costs.

I have converted my Lightspeed points into a Paypal transfer so should have some money in shortly which I can then move into bank account.

Thanks guys

EE
    Originally posted by Eager_Elephant
    lol sorry for shouting words - but it worked!!
    One step at a time
  • Hopeful1
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:26 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:26 PM
    My 1st PaD for Green is:

£1.25 savings - ty
    One step at a time
  • mswan
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:28 PM
    • 2nd Jan 10, 4:28 PM
    OOOOoooo new thread for new year. happy Padding everyone x
    • PigginSkint
    • By PigginSkint 2nd Jan 10, 4:42 PM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 16,445 Thanks
    PigginSkint
    Hi All and Happy New Year

I am now back from London - lots to catch up on and spreadsheets to update etc.

Anyway today's PAD is £1.02 to Evil Egg.

Bye for now!
    DFW Nerd 1049 Amazon Sellers Club member 54
    LTSB loan: 1/9/13 £3153.76 (reduced by 37%)
    Total credit cards: 1/9/13 £20219.51 (reduced by 19%)
    Total non-mortgage debt: 1/9/13 £23596.27 (reduced by 43%)
    • PigginSkint
    • By PigginSkint 2nd Jan 10, 4:44 PM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 16,445 Thanks
    PigginSkint
    Oops! Posted on old thread before I realised there was a new one! The following is a copy of what I posted there!

Bye for now!
    DFW Nerd 1049 Amazon Sellers Club member 54
    LTSB loan: 1/9/13 £3153.76 (reduced by 37%)
    Total credit cards: 1/9/13 £20219.51 (reduced by 19%)
    Total non-mortgage debt: 1/9/13 £23596.27 (reduced by 43%)
  • dankosheemo
    and here's the cake:

Originally posted by Hopeful1

Count me in for the cakes!

And the drinks are served!

Could be Runcorn Bridge in the background!! Not quite sure the water round there looks quite so blue...
    xx
    (2013)
    * Virgin Atlantic £2,837.01 £2,835* B'card £851.51 £850 * Egg £5,608.83 £5,608.83 * Mint £816.13 £770 *
  • Hopeful1
    Oops! Posted on old thread before I realised there was a new one! The following is a copy of what I posted there!

Bye for now!
    Originally posted by PigginSkint
    Welcome Piggin. Was just about to copy your post here - glad you found us!

Hey Danko - i knew we could count on you for the alcohol!! It's good to see you about again, i often wonder how you're getting on
    One step at a time
    • Sassers
    • By Sassers 2nd Jan 10, 4:56 PM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 8,007 Thanks
    Sassers
    oooh cakes - yum!
    Been speaking to Mr BT about paying the bills - like pulling blooming teeth I tell you!
    Still it's £242.96 to the phone arrears and it's now all ready to move over to T@lk T@lk broadband on the 7th. I will be able to MSE at home to my heart's content.
    Whoo hoo so excited - will be trying to do a money neutral challenge although the live on 4k sounds interesting but scary.....
    Love Sassers x

....pops off to adjust sig yet again.....:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Sassers; 02-01-2010 at 5:00 PM.
    Current debt and mortgage: £44, 015
    Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010) I will be debt and mortgage free soon!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 2nd Jan 10, 5:18 PM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 20,167 Thanks
    pippo
    Quick hello to every one on this shiny new thread.

I am being inspired by various threads (thanks f-f!) to sort and declutter so am just here for a quick cuppa, but if there are drinks & cakes on offer I'll be back after sorting out the vast quantities of nail polish I hoard!!
    don't ask!
    Pip
    x
    Trying again!
  • Linzi89
    Can I join please. Wont necessarily be a payment a day but maybe more like a few a week Every little helps they say

My first pad today of £10.00 to EVIL Studio cards

Have been watching a while and your thread has inspired me so thought id give it a go, new year new start n all
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 2nd Jan 10, 5:38 PM
    • 13,652 Posts
    • 134,366 Thanks
    mooomin
    Can I join please. Wont necessarily be a payment a day but maybe more like a few a week Every little helps they say

My first pad today of £10.00 to EVIL Studio cards

Have been watching a while and your thread has inspired me so thought id give it a go, new year new start n all
    Originally posted by Linzi89
    Welcome!

You've already got the hang of posting in colour for the adder-upper

It will soon be a payment a day - this thread is addictive
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, £100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
  • Linzi89
    Welcome!

You've already got the hang of posting in colour for the adder-upper

It will soon be a payment a day - this thread is addictive
    Originally posted by flying_fresian
    Thanks Flying Fresian, was a bit unsure of when to join but figured may as well give it a go. Do you count DD's etc or just payments that you wouldnt usually make? Bit confused as everyone seems do something slightly different.

New year new start.
  • macgirl
    Yay!!! Thanks for starting the new thread Hopeful

and here's the cake:

Originally posted by Hopeful1
    Bleurgghhhhh! That's made me feel so sick (yes I have been scoffing chocs all day ) Well I needed to keep my strength up after all the cleaning

I could just about stomach one of those cocktails though - and Runcorn Bridge? - you Glamour Puss you! Great to see you back Danko!
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 2nd Jan 10, 5:55 PM
    • 13,652 Posts
    • 134,366 Thanks
    mooomin
    Thanks Flying Fresian, was a bit unsure of when to join but figured may as well give it a go. Do you count DD's etc or just payments that you wouldnt usually make? Bit confused as everyone seems do something slightly different.

Originally posted by Linzi89
    People are welcome anytime here!

Everyone does something different on here! Just post when you make a payment. I only count my additional payment personally, but it's up to you
    Comping again

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

231Posts Today

1,219Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin