Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    My 18 year old daughter wants to leave home
    • #1
    • 30th Dec 09, 7:33 PM
    My 18 year old daughter wants to leave home 30th Dec 09 at 7:33 PM
    we are getting on so badly that we both think it would be a great relief if she lived in a flat locally for 6 months while she finishes her A levels.

    Apparently I won't get Working Families Tax Credits after she leaves home but will get Child Benefit still as long as I'm supporting her. So my questions are: what's reasonable to give her, is she entitled to any state help? She will be looking for part time work and gets EMA 30 a week. I could rent a room out here and get 50 a week (we live in the north west so it's cheap round here) and she has some money of her own from presents from grandparents when she was a baby, astutely invested by her parents, etc.

    Any comments welcome. My daughter has great plans for her flat, it'll be a pleasure to see her keep her own place tidy rather than the mess she keeps this place!

    love, Tessa0032
    Last edited by tessa0032; 31-12-2009 at 4:51 PM. Reason: to simplify the issue
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

209Posts Today

1,277Users online

Martin's Twitter