Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    skibster
    Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over?
    • 20th Dec 09, 2:48 PM
    Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over? 20th Dec 09 at 2:48 PM
    Update 02 Feb: Several people have reported the sale has ended in-store, too, as of Monday. This is quite unusual, as the sale normally ends when the stock is all gone. ;(

Update 21 Jan: Looks like the online portion of the sale is over due to "unprecedented demand." It's ongoing in stores. (Thanks to mmmkbb for pointing this out!) Some of the sale stock is still available online but it is now full price and will stay that way. Crazyposhgal called CS for details.

NEW update 19 Jan: MSE has gotten official word from Boots that the sale is tomorrow, 20th Jan! Let the bargains roll!

Update 19 Jan: Looks like we're still on course for the 75% off sale starting tomorrow in-store and online!

Update 12 Jan:
    MSE has heard from Boots that the sale will NOT be the 13th after all. It will probably be Wednesday, 20th Jan., according to multiple reports from those who work at or have inquired at Boots.

Original post:

Boots reduces its Christmas stock to 50% off on Boxing Day in store. The sale typically goes live online Christmas Eve (actually, probably the wee hours on Christmas morning). The 75% off sale happen in store mid-January. Not sure when it goes to 90%.

Just as a guideline, last year I purchased:

-50% off items online on 31 December at 1:54 a.m. (apparently it did start Christmas Eve/Christmas morn, but I was jet lagged and didn't bother)
    -75% off items online on 14 January at 3:10 a.m.

Anyone who knows when reductions might be this year, please share! I'm sure the site will crash again based on what happened with the Soap & Glory hatboxes, but you know we'll try anyway, lol!

Update 12 Jan: Ah, the twists of Boots sales. Now some say the sale has been delayed until NEXT Wednesday! Thanks to Kayteehee and others for the update. Really impossible to say when it will really be at this point, just be aware that the sale date isn't certain until you have 75% off goodies in your hot little hands!

Update 10 Jan: A fly in the ointment for plans to shop on the 13th! Some say it may be the 14th now. Thanks to Carebear8, who learned: "My Sister works at Boots and they have all been told the 75% sale starts on the 14th instore. I questioned her about this and she said its definately the 14th but maybe a small chance it could be the 13th. It's all quite hush hush apparently."

Update 03 Jan: Someone who is friend of a Boots employee (on HUKD) says that the 75% sale starts 13th Jan in-store (so probably online, too).

Edit: According to Edinburghgirl:
    -the boots.com 50% off sale starts at noon on xmas eve.
    -the 75% off sale starts on boots.com and instore on 13th jan

Edit: According to Floralaura, the 75% off sale starts online and in-store on 14 Jan. Boots can keep us guessing, so it's hard to say for certain until it happens. Keep those eyes peeled for deals!
    Last edited by skibster; 02-02-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Update sale info
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,863Posts Today

7,010Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin