Safestyle UK - your thoughts..?

Options
Hi,
I have signed for £8k worth of windows...i have 7 days to cancel the contract and now after reading some reviews online am absolutely terrified. Can anyone who has actually had windows FITTED (most of the reviews are about the salespeople) with Safestyle let me know their thoughts.

Comments

• ChrisCobra
    ChrisCobra Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Options
    From what ive heard your better off getting a smaller professional outfit.

SSUK , cowboys.
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My thoughts would be unprintable.

Had them round for a quote, seemed both my self and my then husband had to be there, quote started at 10k, and after all the fiddling and faffing, he got it down to £3355.

Had a local firm round the next day, no massaging of figures, quote was for £3365, we decided the extra £10 was worth it.

Spent the next few months fighting with Safestyle to get them to stop phoning us and trying to lower the quote.

Fast forward 8 years, Safestyle knocking on doors looking for work, when told I wouldn't touch them, was informed by the door knocker that they are now part of Everest.

Both Everest and safestyle head office were rather suprised to hear this!

Cancel it, and get a local firm in, it's a fairer price and the work is generally to a better standard.
  • dampdaveski
    Options
    mummypig,
    Exercise your right to cancel ASAP, you don't have to say anything like i've heard you're all a shower of sh#te (which they are). Just tell them you might be made redundant after christmas or something (if it makes it easier)
    The only way companies offer 55% or to keep their fitters busy in january 60% is by putting 55-60% on top of the price they want.
    Coldseal windows did the same and look what happened to them (they went bust big time).
    these people have no scruples, morals or anything decent about them at all.
    If you try to cancel AFTER the 7 day cooling off period THEY WILL threaten you (and follow it through) with court action for the profit they are entitled to as a result of the legally binding contract you have already signed. That is a FACT!
    CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!!!!
    just in case you didn't see it
    CANCEL!
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
  • ChrisCobra
    ChrisCobra Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Options
    Jo_F wrote: »
    My thoughts would be unprintable.

Had them round for a quote, seemed both my self and my then husband had to be there, quote started at 10k, and after all the fiddling and faffing, he got it down to £3355.

Had a local firm round the next day, no massaging of figures, quote was for £3365, we decided the extra £10 was worth it.

Spent the next few months fighting with Safestyle to get them to stop phoning us and trying to lower the quote.

Fast forward 8 years, Safestyle knocking on doors looking for work, when told I wouldn't touch them, was informed by the door knocker that they are now part of Everest.

Both Everest and safestyle head office were rather suprised to hear this!

Cancel it, and get a local firm in, it's a fairer price and the work is generally to a better standard.

Good for you.
  • mummypig_3
    Options
    Blimey - stressed!!! Am struggling to find anyone who has actually had the work done by them! I suppose thats a sign in itself...
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone used Everest? Are they any good?
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• mummypig_3
    Options
    Can anyone actually RECOMMEND a window company in Manchester area? God, i need a drink!
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    Options
    If your in north Manchester the people who did my parents Back and front door did a really good job Ill get the details off them.
  • mummypig_3
    Options
    I'm in East Manc, but any recommendations gratefully recieved.. thankyou!
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    I can only recommend the company that did mine, but they are a Burnley firm, not sure if they would go that far, you could phone them and try, they are called Padiham Glass, small company, but very professional (some of the window fitters are more than fitters, they are builders etc, so can do more work with regard to some jobs, we needed builders/window fitters to do the French doors in the bay)

and like I say, no bogofs or anything like that, just a straight forward price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure