Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • pjaj
    • By pjaj 7th Jan 18, 2:50 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    pjaj
    I've tried the vinegar / baking soda method to no avail.
    If it's LeCreuset then DON'T use anything abrasive, wire wool, steel scrubbers, Bar Keepers Friend, metal tools etc, you will permanently damage the enamel IMHO, LeCreuset enamel is relatively soft and easy to damage.
    I did find this method on an American site It got far more votes than any other.
    Add about 1/2 inch of Hydrogen Peroxide to the pot. Add about 1-2 tsp of baking soda.
    Heat until it starts to bubble up. It needs the heat to start the reaction. Simmer about 10 mins..and brush with a green scrub brush. Repeat as needed.
    It gets into the bond of the carbon and lifts it of the pan. It will bubble and stink, so turn on your vent. But it won't harm the enamel.
    I'm going to try it as soon as I can get some Hydrogen Peroxide.
    Last edited by pjaj; 07-01-2018 at 2:52 PM.
    Sent from my abacus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,777Posts Today

8,349Users online

Martin's Twitter