Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • tenacioust123
    • 1st May 09, 1:58 PM
    • 1st May 09, 1:58 PM
    I've been told about 10/12 weeks, I've been waiting 5 weeks up to now.
  • JG1984
    • 2nd May 09, 11:09 PM
    • 2nd May 09, 11:09 PM
    the letter they sent me said upto 11 weeks i think they tend to estimate a little above with the timescale to reduce the amount of claim chase up calls they will get
    • jenhug
    • By jenhug 2nd May 09, 11:14 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 2,716 Thanks
    jenhug
    • 2nd May 09, 11:14 PM
    • 2nd May 09, 11:14 PM
    mine took 4 months for them to tell me I am not entitled. I am now appealing as they have noted alot of info incorrectly.
    I know some people that have had a decision back in 4 weeks.
  • scooby1001
    • 3rd May 09, 10:55 AM
    • 3rd May 09, 10:55 AM
    my daughters took 4 weeks
    • richard9991
    • By richard9991 3rd May 09, 10:23 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    richard9991
    • 3rd May 09, 10:23 PM
    • 3rd May 09, 10:23 PM
    Hi All,

Does anyone know roughly how long the decisions are taking at the moment. Most of the info I have seen ranges from three weeks to eleven weeks.

Many thanks,

S4R4H
    Originally posted by S4R4H
    my freind filled in a renewal form in 2 weeks ago and got letter back saying upto 15 weeks for a decision.
  • tenacioust123
    • 13th May 09, 12:16 PM
    • 13th May 09, 12:16 PM
    I got my renewal back at the weekend so it was about 6 weeks which isn't too bad. I've been awarded the same as last time HRM and MRC, but this time for 2 years instead of 3 years.

I was hoping for longer and my condition is very unlikely to change.

TT
  • mouseymousey99
    • 13th May 09, 4:52 PM
    • 13th May 09, 4:52 PM
    Sent my renewal forms off yesterday - I was told the current wait is 11 weeks.
  • Psychobabble
    • 13th May 09, 5:12 PM
    • 13th May 09, 5:12 PM
    sent off some forms a couple of weeks ago and the letter said about 12 weeks for it to be processed, if after the time you have been told they have not responded then give them a ring, last time I sent in a renewal they had made their decision after a month or so but forgot to inform me even after the 12 weeks were up.
    Psychosomatic addict, insane.
    • cifpower
    • By cifpower 14th May 09, 12:34 AM
    • 6,396 Posts
    • 4,067 Thanks
    cifpower
    They received my renewal form on 16 March. Received a letter the following week saying they have written to my doctor and received my award letter at the end of April. A lot shorter timespan than my last renewal which took 3 months.

• the greed
    I sent off forms on the 27th March because my husband 's circumstances have changed. I received a letter saying that it can take up to 11 weeks. Received letter today saying that "We are sorry that we have not given you a decision on your claim for DLA yet we will deal with your request as quickly as we can. We will write to you again as soon as we can with more information".

Don't know how long this will take.
  • emporer
    We sent off for a change in our sons DLA for the mobility part to be added when he is 3 in September, took about 3.5 weeks in total and only was a couple of days after we had the letter stating it would be upto 11 weeks etc, quite pleased now as they have put it indefinately so we don't need to claim again until 2022.
  • the greed
    I sent off forms on the 27th March because my husband 's circumstances have changed. I received a letter saying that it can take up to 11 weeks. Received letter today saying that "We are sorry that we have not given you a decision on your claim for DLA yet we will deal with your request as quickly as we can. We will write to you again as soon as we can with more information".

Don't know how long this will take.
    Originally posted by the greed
    Does anyone know?
  • tenacioust123
    Does anyone know?
    Originally posted by the greed
    Basically they treat it as a new claim, so they may contact your husband GP or/and consultant so it can depend on how long they take to reply.
    Three things can happen.

Your claim will stay the same, there wiill be an increase or there will be a decrease.

Good Luck
  • the greed
    My husband has had a laryngectomee and as a result now breathes through a hole in his neck. He was on HRM and LRC, I informed them of a change in circumstances as his care needs have changed, so we will see what happens.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 18th May 09, 3:49 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 19,971 Thanks
    Saversue
    Time Delay of Six Months for DLA Claim ?
    I applied at the beginning of December for an increase from low to high Mobility because my circumstances have changed. I have had several letters saying they are unable to deal with my claim because of no response from my Hospital Consultant. Now I have just received a letter saying they have written to my GP for a report. Has anyone been in this position or have any advice?
    I was hoping to get a DLA car as I can no longer drive my car which has a clutch, but the claim is taking so long, I won't have the award for long enough, as I thought you had to have 3 years DLA, to exchange for a mobility car, and its now six month since I claimed
  • tenacioust123
    I applied at the beginning of December for an increase from low to high Mobility because my circumstances have changed. I have had several letters saying they are unable to deal with my claim because of no response from my Hospital Consultant. Now I have just received a letter saying they have written to my GP for a report. Has anyone been in this position or have any advice?
    I was hoping to get a DLA car as I can no longer drive my car which has a clutch, but the claim is taking so long, I won't have the award for long enough, as I thought you had to have 3 years DLA, to exchange for a mobility car, and its now six month since I claimed
    Originally posted by Saversue
    You have to have DLA high mobility for 12 months to be able to get a motability car. Awards can be made at different increments from 12 months to indefinate.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 18th May 09, 4:37 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 19,971 Thanks
    Saversue
    Thanks for that
    • G_M
    • By G_M 19th May 09, 12:24 PM
    • 34,546 Posts
    • 37,139 Thanks
    G_M
    For the avoidance of ambiguity "you must have at least 12 months' award length remaining" NOT have had DLA for 12 months. See here.

See the referrals thread here for details of the extra £25 you can get on receipt of Motability car.

because of no response from my Hospital Consultant.
    I had a similar problem with my consultant though it was a report to my employer (not DWP) for which the consultant charged a fee. She would not send report till they paid her, they would not pay till they received the report! I just had to keep chasing both sides till eventually the consultant released the report. Not good news when you are sick anyway.... If you have the strength, just keep chasing all parties. Good luck!
  • chnelomi
    sorry to jump on this thread but i have a question i hope one of you may be able to answer. my sister is awaiting the result of a claim for dla at the moment. she has gotten some bad news in regards to the success of her last operation. should we inform dla that her condition is worse than the form states or wait till she gets a reply and go from their.

she's a worrier and is convinced she wont get the dla as her condition wasn't as bad then as it is now so the info on the forms and what the doctors will say may be different.What if they think she is trying to get it when she shouldn't by making symtoms etc worse after being refused and needs to appeal.so had to promise i would ask for advice to keep her happy. i will also need to ask her about the acknolegement letter as i can't recal her getting one!

all advice appreciated
    thankyou
    slowly going nuts at the world
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,488Posts Today

8,155Users online

Martin's Twitter