Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennyforthem
    • By pennyforthem 10th Dec 04, 9:06 PM
    • 97Posts
    • 72Thanks
    pennyforthem
    Free Courses
    • 10th Dec 04, 9:06 PM
    Free Courses 10th Dec 04 at 9:06 PM
    Free Courses in:-

Finding your dream job
    Succeeding in work
    Emotional Intelligence
    Call centre skills
    Equality and diversity
    First steps in IT
    Next steps in IT
    Web Intrepreneur
    Wizzard on the web
    Entrepreneurship
    Money management
    Healthy living
    Sports coaching

All at www.creatingcareers.net

Page 1
  • BruceLee
    • 10th Dec 04, 11:48 PM
    Re: Free Courses
    • 10th Dec 04, 11:48 PM
    The money management course looks interesting. Thanks for this ;D
  • thesulkycat
    • 11th Dec 04, 12:25 AM
    • 11th Dec 04, 12:25 AM
    i am currently doing the emotional intelligence course - highly recommended ( and i am a teacher by day and a night class tutor by night, so have some vague inkling of what makes a good course!)

• bubbles
    • 11th Dec 04, 1:32 AM
    • 11th Dec 04, 1:32 AM
    what does it involve... sounds intresting!!
  • angel
    • 11th Dec 04, 1:45 AM
    • 11th Dec 04, 1:45 AM
    Thanks for this. I just applied for the emotional intelligence course. ;D
  • steeev
    • 11th Dec 04, 5:24 AM
    • 11th Dec 04, 5:24 AM
    the company running this seems to be the same as vision2learn, who were also offering free courses a while back, and on top of that they were also giving cashback for signing up via the various cashback sites, £3.50 through greasypalm for example, might be worth investigating, if they have a similar cashback scheme... or the old vision2learn one is valid for this company too.
    • pennyforthem
    • By pennyforthem 11th Dec 04, 2:56 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    pennyforthem
    • 11th Dec 04, 2:56 PM
    • 11th Dec 04, 2:56 PM
    Oh ive already signed up for mine :-[

Never mind still got the courses free ;D

Thanks for the tip I will keep an eye out next time !

Getting paid to do free courses whatever next!
    • abiwoolhouse
    • By abiwoolhouse 11th Dec 04, 5:33 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    abiwoolhouse
    • 11th Dec 04, 5:33 PM
    • 11th Dec 04, 5:33 PM
    Thanks for this, I have also applied for the Emotional Intelligence course - sounds great! ;D

(This is also a Vision2Learn course)

• misters
    • 11th Dec 04, 5:52 PM
    • 11th Dec 04, 5:52 PM
    Think this was posted before and it didn't cover Scotland, please correct me if i'm wrong.
  • BoltonMinx
    I signed up with Vision2Learn in Sept for the Money Management course and Im still waiting for a study place :P
  • ajm
    Think this was posted before and it didn't cover Scotland, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Just had a look through the FAQ, and you are right - no cover in Scotland :'(
  • elvis_bloggs
    If I am correct, this course is not undertaken fully online, there is an end of course assessmemt which involves meeting someone in a college or school or the like, but hey, sounds good. ;D
    • By 16011996 13th Dec 04, 1:09 PM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 3,704 Thanks
    thanks for this, worth a look
  • leezuk
    Just looked at this site and it has a clause in terms and conditions about fees relating to not finishing the course/attending a centre /fee for certificates etc - so hidden costs. Tried e-mailing them on their contact e-mails but none of them work - I am very suspicous - anyone have any more info?? I know there are other courses out there where they catch you out on these things.
    • marco_79
    • By marco_79 14th Dec 04, 10:04 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    marco_79
    I live in Scotland and have applyed anyway what harm can it do. You can select Scotland from the drop down menu and it accepted my details. Says now I will be contacted by post. Just have to wait and see what happens.
    • pennyforthem
    • By pennyforthem 17th Dec 04, 2:56 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    pennyforthem
    Well im not in Scotland and they dont do the courses here

Can always try another time and get the money from rpoints thanks Steeev ;D
  • lpc
    the company running this seems to be the same as vision2learn, who were also offering free courses a while back, and on top of that they were also giving cashback for signing up via the various cashback sites, £3.50 !through greasypalm for example, might be worth investigating, if they have a similar cashback scheme... or the old vision2learn one is valid for this company too.
    I've subscribed at greasypalm and then at a vision2learn course but I haven't seen the £3.50 getting added at my account balance in greasypalm. Is it common to take long time, or do I have to do the course first?

Cheers
    Panagiotis
    • meerustar
    • By meerustar 17th Dec 04, 6:12 PM
    • 7,972 Posts
    • 20,003 Thanks
    meerustar
    I've been doing the Web Entrepreneur course now for a few months through V2L and it's quite good. I have a final examination at North Trafford College sometime at the end of January which I'm half dreading as I haven't done a 'sit down'n exam since I left school 16 years ago, lol.

(I'm an Open University Student but my exams there have mainly been online as my courses are computer based, so copped out of the 'sit down' exam for the last 3 years, lol)

The Web Entrepreneur course is recommended to those less confident on a computer to help you get the best from it. I found it quite easy as I have experience but a certificate is a certificate and looks good on the CV.

Good Luck all those applying.
  • scally
    I've applied for several of their courses only to be told there's no college support available in my area, so i can't do any of them.

I'm not sure how many colleges are affiliated to this, but if they haven't got one near me then it can't be very widespread. So, take heart those of you in Scotland, you'e not the only ones missing out!
  • lpc
    BTW, does anyone else knows any other way to get free training, such as other websites?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

211Posts Today

1,516Users online

Martin's Twitter