Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sadiedoll
    The great Lidl/Aldi beauty hunt....
    • 14th Sep 08, 2:20 PM
    The great Lidl/Aldi beauty hunt.... 14th Sep 08 at 2:20 PM
    Recently, I've decided to try and put more money into savings. I took a look at my bathroom and realised that far too much money was going on brand name health/beauty products. Two of my old flatmates were Greek and French and happily stocked up on products at Lidl/Aldi, as they didn't feel constrained by having to have a 'name'.

So, as I am coming to the end of various products, I am replacing them with an equivalent from Lidl. I'm going to list what I have found so far....if anyone else can recommend Lidl (or Aldi - its right next door round my way) beauty products, I'd be grateful.

Showergel - 'Pool' Lemon (about 80p) - lovely, creamy scent. bought to use at the gym, really refreshing after a workout, not drying, have washed my hair with it and it left it very soft.

Showergel - Cien Yoghurt Strawberry (48p) - Nice scent, not drying, good for everyday use. Replacement for Lush 'Yummy Yummy Yummy' which was 2.95 for 100ml.

Showergel - 'Active' (13p) - bought to use in handwash dispenser in kitchen and bathroom. Superb value. Does the job perfectly.

Toothpaste - Dentalux 'Herb Fresh' (49p) - replacement for Colgate Whitening. Excellent taste and getting good results. Teeth appearing much whiter than when I was using a 'whitening' toothpaste. Feel clean all day as well. Really impressed with this.

Mouthwash - Dentalux 'Orange' (59p) - very similar to the Listerine Citrus it replaced. Bit less harsh on the mouth, which is good.

Toothbrushes -Dentalux Hard Bristle (45p for pack of 4) - excellent value and doing a great job - my teeth and gums are looking healthy and teeth appearing whiter.

Deodarant - Cien Deo 'Mango' (89p) - been using this for a while and it is superb. Sometimes on offer at 60p, when I tend to stockpile!

That's all I've bought so far....
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,379Posts Today

7,294Users online

Martin's Twitter