IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Getting to know you........
Views: 268,839
# 21
studentnurse
Old 04-05-2005, 11:31 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Cool

Student Nurse - About to enter my third year at northumbria uni.
I love this site and this board is one of my faves tho Ive yet to try out the monthly challenges - I love to read about how you are all doing.
Im more of a lurker than a poster Im afraid to say lol, but feel like I know some of you quite well
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to studentnurse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 22
Lucie
Old 04-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I am a full time manager for a corporate fitness company. It's not particularly challenging, so I have to fill my days somehow! A new laptop & broadband at home have upped my MSE quota recently.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lucie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 23
MATH
Old 04-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

OOOHHH I love being nosey but am far too polite to ask. Thanks for this thread.
I started out a fresh faced Graphic Designer in 1986 and ended up a stay at home Dad of the three MATHLETS via General Office Manager, Hair Colourist, Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator, Playscheme Manager and many other unplanned detours.
Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MATH For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
Mango
Old 04-05-2005, 12:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

i've recently started my 2nd job in publishing. am hoping to do teacher training very soon though (once all my debts are paid off!), thanks to MSE it will be sooner than I hoped!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
trafalgar
Old 04-05-2005, 1:20 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Full-time lazy bones,retired early and hoping Savvy will work long enough to give me a good pension:rolleyes:

I am so in trouble when she sees that
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trafalgar For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 26
Judi
Old 04-05-2005, 1:24 PM

I am a full time wife and a mother of 5 (although i only have 3 left at home). I have tried going out to work, but it didnt work out very well.
'Holy crap on a cracker!'
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Judi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
rushnowt
Old 04-05-2005, 1:34 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Send a message via MSN to rushnowt

I'm a full time MSE surfer

Well I try to be, when I'm not a Mum to 5 kids all still at home Ohh yea and the hubby, nearly forgot about him (I must try harder :rolleyes: ) moved to a farm just over a yr ago, so animals galore and still stocking up, i try to run a stables and kennels too but with so much to do and read on here, my time is limited
Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing

Last edited by rushnowt; 06-05-2005 at 11:27 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rushnowt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 28
ms_london
Old 04-05-2005, 1:46 PM

Im a 24 year old girl, living & working in London - trying to pay off a debt at the moment, hence why I hang around on this site & the fool.co.uk site. I have learnt so much, and although it has been hard going through this, it has made me a much better person & now I am so financially savvy, it's something that will stay with me for the rest of my life!! I enjoy reading the grocery challenges & Pin Money Challenges, and am fascinated with other people's lives :0) Even once my debt is paid off (5th Dec 05) I will still be here, lurking & posting. I love it!! :0)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ms_london For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 29
mrsmab59
Old 04-05-2005, 2:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Single (widowed) mum to 2 sons of 21 and 12. Tried going back to work after 19 years as a full time stay at home mum but it was way too scary so I gave it up after a while and became an MSE'er instead. I don't feel guilty or lazy because I do all my own DIY, gardening, fixing things etc. Plus my dogs love me being at home and I get to read the newspaper on the day I buy it
Use words that are soft and sweet in case you have to eat them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsmab59 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
catznine
Old 04-05-2005, 2:24 PM

I work part-time for an after school club. Kids are fully grown now 27yr and 21yrs so just OH and 2 cats to look after. Have CFS so am cutting down on my hours but am learning card making and want to have a go at scrap booking as I have a draw full of old photos! Love to bake especially cookies but try to do this only when kids at home as OH and I will have to start diets soon so we don't frighten people while on our hols!
Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catznine For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 31
Ticklemouse
Old 04-05-2005, 2:49 PM

Am currently a SAHM to 6yo and 2 yo boys plus 37yo boy (who's the hardest work ) I also do after school child care for neighbours and do the school runs for other mums (that's the trouble with having a MPV) I am now both my parent's carers (mum disabled, dad terminally ill) and if I get a spare moment I do mystery shopping to try and earn a crust or two. Then, when I have another spare second, I live on here. Good job both mine and mum & dads PC is always on - this keeps me sane.

Now, hobbies........
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ticklemouse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 32
foreverskint
Old 04-05-2005, 2:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via MSN to foreverskint Send a message via Yahoo to foreverskint

full time mum of 4 now. Was driving buses until a couple of years ago, and have previously been a chef and lots of other boring jobs.
Now enjoying being at home, baking bread and cooking lovely meals for the family, gardening and looking after the DP. Some people have some fascinating sounding jobs!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foreverskint For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 33
little_lil
Old 04-05-2005, 3:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

full-time mother to boy of four. Used to work, intially fulltime and then part time, giving up to be a mum was the best thing I ever did. We don't seem to be any worse off now than when i worked. Must be all that money saving we do now!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little_lil For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 34
Miroslav
Old 04-05-2005, 5:12 PM

I'm off work sick and about to start psychotherapy. Been in and out of work for years and need to sort some issues out (mainly death of partner and child) if I'm to make it in this world.

I hope to return to work later this year If i gain confidence
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Miroslav For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 35
pandas66
Old 04-05-2005, 6:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to pandas66 Send a message via Yahoo to pandas66
Talking

Hi, more or less full time (34hours) accounts manager of a plastics Co. - all thoses trades men and still can't find a plumber!. Single mum to 2 boys 12/14, debt free apart from the mortgage. Walker of dog, stacker of dishwasher and taxi driver. Wishing the days away till my hols in Aug.
Hi to all and pleased to meet you and yours.
Panda xx

g on enow

missing kipper No 2.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pandas66 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 36
Nelski
Old 04-05-2005, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroslav
Thanks to those who posted a reply to me, it wasn't meant for 'replies' I was just adding to the convo Now I am embarrassed

Brave - nah, Confident - more like blind confidence and that link works, i just thought it was purple
You did add to the convo with your life which is what this thread is all about. We think we all have problems in our lives and then we meet someone (Virtually even) that has much more going on and much more to cope with. Dont be embarrassed cos thats some stuff you are having to deal with. Respect xx

Me? I have my own business which is based at home though often takes me to other clients sites. When I am at home I should be designing work and planning sales campaigns - what am I really doing? Finding out the new best recipe for a slow cooker and having far too much beer with my mates in the Arms!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nelski For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 37
reverie
Old 04-05-2005, 6:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I work long hours as a facilities manager for a firm of surveyors, keeping tenants happy and buildings looking good. Aside from that I am a gym-dropout, trying to make my way as a happy singleton. I am also about to take up growing veg and keeping chickens! Yay! Am working loads and am here saving money to try and retire when I am 40 to bum around the world
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reverie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 38
VickyA
Old 04-05-2005, 7:00 PM

I'm a student teacher, finishing my course this July so I should really be looking for jobs rather than surfing MSE! Live and feed with my dear boyfriend/partner/fiance (whatever) who is 29 and "works" - apparently.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VickyA For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 39
frizz_head
Old 04-05-2005, 7:08 PM

Hello my name is Frizz, I work part-time (25 hours a week) for an IT company, am a mother to two school age kids, and I am an MSE Addict (approx 1000 hours a week).

Mr Frizz hates MSE with a passion - as he has been missing it (passion) ever since I joined.

Thankyou.

Cue: Group Hugs
Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
Do Something Amazing Today.
Save a Life - Give Blood.
20 pints donated!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frizz_head For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 40
tootles
Old 04-05-2005, 7:22 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I am one half of a retired couple on very limited income, hence my thoughts on one penny doing the work of two.

When working I was a chef, trained originally as a nurse, but a back injury put paid to that.

Had 4 children and a fulltime job when I was working, so organisation was the watchword and that has carried over into life as a retiree, still stick to working out a monthly menu, and shopping once a month for staples.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tootles For This Useful Post: Show me >>