Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Alex_B
    Barclaycard minimum payment scam
    • 16th Jul 08, 11:14 PM
    Barclaycard minimum payment scam 16th Jul 08 at 11:14 PM
    For anyone who has a Barclaycard particularly one with a zero interest promotional period be aware that the minimum payment which appears on your statement is rounded down to the nearest pound and by paying off this incorrectly stated amount you will be in breach of Barclaycard's terms & conditions.

For example, the balance on my card was 1357.99 and the minimum payment was stated as 30.00 (2.25%) but in actual fact 30.55 was due.

Now that I have breached the terms & conditions all new purchases are charged at their standard rate and every time I pay an amount off my card it only reduces the zero interest balance. So unless I completely pay off the balance the interest will keep on accruing.

You have been warned.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,728Posts Today

9,191Users online

Martin's Twitter