Car Giant

Options
ChrisRad
ChrisRad Posts: 10 Forumite
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a car from Car Giant as they seem much better than Car Craft but would still like to hear your stories of good and bad service, quality of the car etc...

Also, do you try to do a deal at Car Giant or are the prices set?

Cheers,
Chris

Comments

• Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi Chris, welcome to the forums :)

I've moved your thread to the Motoring Board - check out Martin's article (here) and always try to haggle - they're the ones wanting your cash so make them work for it:

http://www.whatcar.com/news-special-report.aspx?NA=217156&EL=3141773

http://www.kwikguides.com/Guides/BuyingUsedCar/BuyingHaggling.html

http://motoring.aol.co.uk/buying-advice/seven-ways-to-haggle-like-a/article/20040914070609990003

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    Overpriced rep cars sold to people who are generally clueless about cars. Steer clear IMO, and buy privately.
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Overpriced rep cars sold to people who are generally clueless about cars. Steer clear IMO, and buy privately.

Hardly. They buy at auction, add a small margin per car and work on high volume.

My sister bought a Golf SE from them. Brand new it was £13k, she paid £6080 for a 3 year old, fully serviced car. The only money on top was a set of wheel trims.

The local VW dealers wanted £1500-£2000 more than that at the time !
  • ChrisRad
    Options
    Has anyone else had experience of Car Giant?
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    No experience of CarGiant, but of all the biggies Carcraft had the worst quality cars of anyone last time I looked. Just seemed geared to selling to people who couldn't quite afford a perfect car if that makes sense:confused:
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • ChrisRad
    Options
    No experience of CarGiant, but of all the biggies Carcraft had the worst quality cars of anyone last time I looked. Just seemed geared to selling to people who couldn't quite afford a perfect car if that makes sense:confused:

Yes, I've read plenty to warn me off CarCraft but equally have found nothing bad as yet about Car Giant which is why I asked here... just looking for some real life experience of people who have actually bought from them I guess...
  • Smi1er
    Smi1er Posts: 642 Forumite
    Options
    I bought from CarGiant last year.

No real customer service really, and they're keen to sell you extras like warranty and GAp insurance, but no problems. They stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap. Prices are not discountable (and believe me I tried).

Would I buy from them again? Yes I would
  • ChrisRad
    Options
    exactly the sort of review I was looking for, thanks Smi1er. Anyone else experienced Car Giant?
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I disagree.

Car Giant cars are very keenly priced if you are prepared to put up with a few cosmetic defects. If you want a shiny Marks and Spencer type car buying experience then it isn't for you.

Honest John is pretty positive about Car Giant and they seem to take their responsibilities seriously in repairing cars after purchase. If you search on HJ a few people have bought cars from Car Giant, had problems, and CG have repaired them no quibble. The prices of CG cars have risen a little to cover the cost of repairs but they are still competitive compared to places like Car Craft.
    The man without a signature.
  • ChrisRad
    Options
    thanks vikingaero.

anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income