Comments

• Etothed
    Etothed Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your help everyone...
  • Etothed
    Options
    This loss of money has caused me financial and emotional strain. I've come here hoping for help of where I can go at match.com to try and get it back, even if it's a gesture of goodwill. I would appreciate help from people of email addresses and any clauses that might get me my money back, please.
  • DIYWannabe
    Options
    It doesn't look like they have to give it back, and returning it as some kind of goodwill gesture seems unlikely, companies with this type of auto-subscription approach must make a huge amount of their money from people who forget to cancel it. If it's causing you emotional strain it might be best to chalk it up to experience and try and forget about it. Sorry!
  • stuartJo1989
    Options
    Etothed wrote: »
    This loss of money has caused me financial and emotional strain.

Yea, it probably has! I can empathise with that. BUT if match.com are acting legally/in the right then your "financial and emotional strain" means sod all...
    I've come here hoping for help of where I can go at match.com to try and get it back, even if it's a gesture of goodwill. I would appreciate help from people of email addresses and any clauses that might get me my money back, please.

Gesture of goodwill = contacting customer service and POLITELY asking for a reimbursement. You may fare better offering to pay for 1 month due to your error, but asking for reimbursement of the remaining months. You can also look at contacting the CEO etc, details of which are probably readily available online (I don't have much sympathy for your case so can't be bothered searching for it, sorry :( )

Clauses = you probably don't have any.... Simple as.
  • Etothed
    Options
    The CEO details are impossible to find. Does anyone have them as I am struggling to find them? Please. Really desperate here.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Took seconds to find out who he is.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/karlgregory/

Your task now is to find how to contact him. :)
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Etothed wrote: »
    The CEO details are impossible to find. Does anyone have them as I am struggling to find them? Please. Really desperate here.

I won't post any personal contact details but you can find them here:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07661220

Have a look at the "people" tab.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ahhh still looking for that right person to connect with.
  • montyrebel
    Options
    if you cant afford your match,com subscription how would you ever afford a date with some of the people on it?
    mortui non mordent
  • Bananaman999
    Options
    I just wanted to reply to this. About 3 years ago I joined Match and first thing I did was cancel the automatic renewal - just as one of the posters here did. I found Match rubbish. I gave up with it after a couple of months. 4 months later £77 went out of my account. I could not believe it. The customer service was shocking. They have no care or interest in their customers, the automatic renewal is disgraceful and is corrupted. I ended up blocking Match from my bank account. I tried to recover my money by going to the financial ombudsman but they said what others did that it was my fault for nit unsubscribing (even though I did).

All you can do folks is write it off and spread the word how terrible and corrupt Match.com is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure