Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hope all ok with you Pennywise xx

Everything is fine thankyou, just a bit mental at the minute, can't wait for Friday as we break up for the summer hols.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sorry for the absence, everything has been manic at work for myself and DH and as I said on my previous post I break up on Friday and I cant wait to have a chill out.

Money has not gone well this month, I have sold a couple of bits on ebay, hardly done any surveys due to lack of time. Nothing has gone to holiday pot as everything seems to have broken or kids have needed replacement trainers/clothes etc, Ive put money into 3 leaving pots for work and 2 retirement pots, also have 2 meals out for the same thing.
    Oh and a wedding:eek:.

I have made no plans for summer yet as just havn't had time, although DH was talking of going to visit family next weekend and making it a long weekend so at least it feels like a break and not just sitting on the M6 for hours.

Did redeem £12 amaz0n vouchers on a survey site so must update sig.

I hope everyone is ok and sorry for the absence, feeling a bit useless and out of control at the minute.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome back, Penny. I thought you were probably busy with end of term!! Sometimes, life does get a bit manic, but don't be too hard on yourself.

Just have a suggestion for the leaving/retirement collections at work: could you bake something either in lieu of a financial donation or a smaller contribution. You are such a talented baker and I'm sure everyone would appreciate your baking.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Welcome back, Penny. I thought you were probably busy with end of term!! Sometimes, life does get a bit manic, but don't be too hard on yourself.

Just have a suggestion for the leaving/retirement collections at work: could you bake something either in lieu of a financial donation or a smaller contribution. You are such a talented baker and I'm sure everyone would appreciate your baking.

Thanks chanie, you are always so kind.

I have already put money in various pots and to be honest I don't think I would have had the time/energy to bake.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Evening all.

We have had a lovely tea sat outside in the garden, yesterday I was naughty and bought m&s dine in for £10 as a treat but with a bit of tweaking it has fed 4 of us, we had a Whole Rotisserie Chicken and there is plenty of meat left for sandwiches tomorrow, rosemary potatoes I diced up another couple of potatoes and mixed them in, roasted off some courgettes mil had given me and made a salad, followed by profiteroles only 2 each but eeked out with some icecream and fresh strawberries, oh and also a lovely glass of vino for myself and DH.

Trying hard to up my exercise as this is something I'm really bad at and although I do eat healthily most of the time, I know with more exercise I could easily loose some weight, so today I have walked the dogs and played badminton outside with the kids, I wold love a pedometer and have thought of buying one with some of my amazon vouchers, but cant seem to convince myself to spend them as they are for Christmas.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I have already put money in various pots and to be honest I don't think I would have had the time/energy to bake.

I thought it would be too late for now, but maybe next year. I assume most staff tend to leave in July, so you could make in advance and freeze. Anyway, it was just an idea. We have 4 people leaving over the next couple of months, so I'm thinking up frugal ways to send them off and baking was one of them. I thought that would be right up your street!!!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    I thought it would be too late for now, but maybe next year. I assume most staff tend to leave in July, so you could make in advance and freeze. Anyway, it was just an idea. We have 4 people leaving over the next couple of months, so I'm thinking up frugal ways to send them off and baking was one of them. I thought that would be right up your street!!!

Its a really good idea and I've banked it in my head for next time , thankyou :).
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all.

We have had a lovely tea sat outside in the garden, yesterday I was naughty and bought m&s dine in for £10 as a treat but with a bit of tweaking it has fed 4 of us, we had a Whole Rotisserie Chicken and there is plenty of meat left for sandwiches tomorrow, rosemary potatoes I diced up another couple of potatoes and mixed them in, roasted off some courgettes mil had given me and made a salad, followed by profiteroles only 2 each but eeked out with some icecream and fresh strawberries, oh and also a lovely glass of vino for myself and DH.

Trying hard to up my exercise as this is something I'm really bad at and although I do eat healthily most of the time, I know with more exercise I could easily loose some weight, so today I have walked the dogs and played badminton outside with the kids, I wold love a pedometer and have thought of buying one with some of my amazon vouchers, but cant seem to convince myself to spend them as they are for Christmas.

I've done the M&S deal this past weekend too - was really impressed by what they had on offer this time around!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Great to see you posting again..that M&S meal sounded yum. Well done. I LOVE eating outside. Always seems a real treat and a wonderful reward after work.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope this week has been kind to you Pennywise xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income