PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• purpleparrotuk
    Options
    Getting rather peed off now. Only 3 in our chain. We have all been ready to exchange since last week but the FTbuyers buying mine are saying they can’t transer the deposit until the middle on this week. We have all agreed on a completion day too. I’m not sure what the hold up with the deposit is. Surely if you are buying a house you would have the deposit all ready. Especially if you know it’s near to exchange.
  • Fiesto88
    Fiesto88 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our solicitor was poised ready to request the mortgage funds in order to exchange this week to complete on Friday - providing the seller coughed up the last remaining piece of documentation by close of business today. It would appear from the silence today that this hasn’t happened.

Back on the chase tomorrow it seems.
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Getting rather peed off now. Only 3 in our chain. We have all been ready to exchange since last week but the FTbuyers buying mine are saying they can’t transer the deposit until the middle on this week. We have all agreed on a completion day too. I’m not sure what the hold up with the deposit is. Surely if you are buying a house you would have the deposit all ready. Especially if you know it’s near to exchange.

Similar situation, same stage, only 3 in our chain and only our delay seems to be a mortgage formality with our FTB - although knowing my luck, it will a deposit issue next. We've unofficially been given an exchange date of this Friday and completion date of next Friday and I really want to keep to it. And no-one is telling me what's happening. So frustrating. You could still exchange and complete quickly. Fingers crossed we both get some positive news/progress asap.
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fiesto88 wrote: »
    Our solicitor was poised ready to request the mortgage funds in order to exchange this week to complete on Friday - providing the seller coughed up the last remaining piece of documentation by close of business today. It would appear from the silence today that this hasn’t happened.

Back on the chase tomorrow it seems.

Seems as though there are a few of us so near, yet so far! Fingers crossed it has been submitted today and they just haven't updated you, or at least that it gets sorted tomorrow. Get chasing them definitely.
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Cinders:
    Cinders: Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Natbag, is so frustrating isn't it, when nobody keeps you updated with progress.

We're supposed to be exchanging contacts tomorrow, but can't see it happening. Having a slight wobble about the idea of moving to a new house. Our new house is brilliant, ticks all the boxes, and we have definitely outgrown our current house. I've lived here for 16 years, and it feels like a giant safety net. The idea of moving to a new home is suddenly feeling a little bit scary!
    SPC # 115 :p
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    westv wrote: »
    6 weeks in and all we have so far is that our buyer's solicitor has raised queries and that the TR1 form has been signed by us. No news on how our buyers are getting on with their sale.

Email from EA today. They have spoken to my buyer who told them she will be going to her solicitor on Wednesday "to go through paperwork".
  • Fiesto88
    Fiesto88 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Natbag wrote: »
    Seems as though there are a few of us so near, yet so far! Fingers crossed it has been submitted today and they just haven't updated you, or at least that it gets sorted tomorrow. Get chasing them definitely.

I definitely will be. What’s slightly worrying is that it’s potentially a make or break document that our mortgage lender won’t proceed without.The solicitor said it’s highly unlikely that this document doesn’t exist unless the conveyancing when the vendor bought the property was botched - hence his confidence in proposing to complete this week.

If it doesn’t exist, it can be retrospectively obtained but at expense for the vendor and, likely, adding another couple of weeks. But if the property is unmortgageable without it, I guess they don’t have a choice.
  • purpleparrotuk
    purpleparrotuk Posts: 365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Regarding my first time buyers deposit, surely as part of the process the solicitor and mortgage provider ask where the money is coming from. I really don’t understand why it’s not readily available and what the hold up is.

By the way when will the solicitor ask about the buildings insurance on my new house? Will it be on the day of exchange? She hasn’t mentioned or asked for it yet but obviously I need to know we are exchanging that day to confirm it with my insurers.
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Call from solicitor today got me excited as she usually emails so thought it was going to be that were ready to agree exchange and completion. But no, just an update:(
    Everything for sale is done and both sides happy, still waiting on indemnity policy for purchase and something to do with a change of name for the vendor. She said she's still confident we can aim to complete on 3 November but then asked if I knew if the vendor had a linked transaction :eek:
    But miffed with that as I thought she would already be talking about these things with their solicitor. In an ideal world I wanted two weeks between exchange and completion as I can't do things like book time off, arrange removals or most importantly confirm my son's school place without a definite date and I need time to do all that. It's looking more and more like the timing will be tight and I don't want to be the awkward member of the chain, so I suppose I'll just suck it up and crack on :cool:
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Purpleparrot, I was only asked for proof I had a deposit, not how quickly I could release it. I had 9.5k in a htb s&s lisa. It takes around a week to close, unlike the isa. I wasn't aware of that until I closed it. Thankfully I released it early in the process, maybe your buyers are waiting on that. Others may run their isa's right to the wire as any delay in exchange is lost bonus. Frustrating for you I know but hopefully nothing to worry about.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback