PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• lillibet_dripping
    Options
    Oh, bliddy hell, Hester - I can't for the life of me remember what 'L&M' stands for.
    Please put me out of my misery
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Been AWOL lately, seem to spend all my time running up and down the road to the hospital. Now sat on my recliner with about half a mile of tubing and wiring from a BP monitor that was not fitted properly and unravelled in the damn car park. Waiting for heart scan results now but I think it will be ok.
    Probably most of my problems are caused by sitting too much, I need to find more to do around the house to keep me moving. The garden has had it lol I can't do it.
    Feeling def autumny here, crisp mornings and sunny days,and I'm trying to knit faster to get all the xmas socks & shawls done. Was feeling very down yesterday then started watching Fox and CNN yesterday for hurricane whateveritwas. Haiti looks a mess eh - and these poor people have life much harder than we do- which made me ashamed of meself. Imagine trying to bring bairns up in that mess of mud and rubbish!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Lillibet, it stands for my Lord & Master and is meant tongue in cheek!
    Oh Mar I hope you feel better soon.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all. I've had one day of non-stop action , (feeding people, Hester!) and one day of recovering from exhaustion. I've had a quick read through the thread but only remember bits.

Floss: So glad that you have landed back on your feet. Hopefully this job will last a bit longer.

Mila: That is heartbreaking. Probably one of those things that you manage to push into the background until something happens to remind you of all the hurt you suffered. It is the sheer injustice that gets to you, isn't it? It's horrible but thankfully you have your own close family and, from various things you have said, good friends. It's a cliche, but nonetheless true, that friends are the family you choose for yourself. All is well for you, just treasure that thought.

HESTER: You get more outrageous by the day. I'm so glad I know you.
    Sorry about the numpty colleagues, you need to do a bit of drifting...you know.....a sad shake of the head and a murmur about how glad you are that they are so much more knowledgeable than you..by which time you should be the other side of the door leaving them to sort out their own mess. THEN you can bang your head against the wall.
    Good luck with knitting the guinea pig. I have a break from the demands to knit a princess dress and fluffy blue slippers as madam is entertaining her other grandma this weekend. On the other hand I am not looking forward to the day when she finally realises that I'm not a cross between a fairy godmother and super woman. It's a terrific boost to the old ego.

A bit miserable here today. I'm planning a bit of cleaning this morning and some mindless television and knitting for the rest of the day.
    Very boring. Very restful. Very me.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mar: How is this for a brilliant idea? I'll drag my sorry carcass up to Scotland, with my rocking chair and knitting, and sit the other side of the fire. I can bring my own BP monitor and I'll chuck in a sackful of jelly babies.
    We can sit and moulder away together, letting our dodgy hearts, legs, willpower etc dwindle away peacefully.

Some future archaeologists will discover our bones, fingers still clutching fossilised knitting needles, socks and cushion covers. The forensic scientists will examine the contents of our stomachs and discover, to their astonishment, wall to wall jelly babies.

How about it?

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    BRING HALF A DOZ BOXES. I'll put the kettle on!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha Ha oh monna that's so funny. How will they know they are jelly babies, you guys got no teeth? I bought some jelly babies on Wednesday, you reminded me, I still have some. Fancy eating them at this time of morning. I just ate 6.
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Morning all,

Feeling exhausted and can't say I remember anything I just read. OH was out with a school outing last night and got in even later than expected so it was another late night. Were visiting friends tonight so don't think we'll catch up on sleep then either! Its chores today, and a bit of work as I think I might be falling behind but not sure yet. Seeing OH's parents tomorrow at the vintage fair and then back to it Monday. Freezer soup for lunch today and not sure about tea tonight.

Hugs to all who need them.x
  • Mr_stoke
    Options
    I'm having issues at work not sure if I'm in the right place to ask my question but here goes.
    I have recently been told to stay off work due to the managent not being able to find holiday cover for a colleague I usually work with .i have been told I will be paid £25 a day whilst I am off but my hours on my contract are 40hrs per week.
    Surely this is wrong as I am able and willing to work .
  • FairyPrincessk
    Options
    Mr Stoke you'll get better advice on the legal side of things on another board. I'd try the Employment, Jobseeking and Training board here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

You're welcome to post here too! We're better for tea, sympathy, ranting, laughter and general support but you might get the odd bit of advice too. It sounds a really stressful time, and I suspect you're getting messed about so hopefully someone will know the answer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure