PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Where to buy condensed milk cheaply?

Options

Comments

• CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Iceland sell a massive tub for £2
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread has made me fancy a condensed milk sandwich. :D

I used to boil the tins of milk to make the banoffee toffee but now I buy the Carnation Caramel, saves 3 hours of gas.
    :j
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    sparky61 wrote: »
    This thread has made me fancy a condensed milk sandwich. :D

I used to boil the tins of milk to make the banoffee toffee but now I buy the Carnation Caramel, saves 3 hours of gas.
    :j

Carnation caramel, I haven't seen that. Where do you get it from? :confused:
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • skipkoo
    skipkoo Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I saw it yesterday, Rikki, in Sainsburys on the same shelves as the condensed and evaportated milk. Same size tin as the carnation condensed milk but a different colour......not sure but it could be blue??
    S
  • purpledaffodil
    Options
    For that urgent banoffee pie when you don't have the time to boil and cool the condensed milk, I have discovered that Carnation do it ready caramelised. It is dearer at around £1.60, but if you take the fuel costs and aggro and risk of explosion into account, I think it's worth it. Still better and cheaper than the frozen sort of banoffee pie.
  • purpledaffodil
    Options
    Whoops! Should have looked above! Tesco and Waitrose both sell it too.
  • elizabethp
    elizabethp Posts: 76,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was going to say farmfoods, I bought some from there last week and it was a pound :)
    Liz xx
  • winthropwoman
    Options
    It's 99p and 86p for lighter version at the co-op. Bought some today. Not sure how long it's on offer for though.
  • noonesperfect
    noonesperfect Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Options
    5th July special at Netto it's 99p for Carnation condensed milk. (which most likely means it's in today if my nearest one is anything to go by :rotfl: )

hth
    :wave:
  • kdean
    kdean Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    I needed some condensed milk for some caramel slices that DH fancied so sent him out to get some, obviously he came back with evaporated milk so he didn't get the slices and now I need to use it up for something:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure