Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• hohum
    hohum Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can bear to update on this thread now...New application to Accord submitted last week. Fee for valuation and the application fee taken today. Here's hoping for a more simple process than last time.
  • pl6pilgrim
    Options
    Here's my current timeline, and whilst I don't think there is anythin Nationwide can pick up on, it's still a nerve racking time nonetheless.

06/03/2015 - Our house listed
    09/03/2015 - Offer accepted from FTB fior £1.5k less than asking price.
    23/03/2015 - View property for ourselves, offer £5k less than ask and offer accepted.
    27/03/2015 - Meet with MB who has already had most of our information and has got us a DIP with Nationwide, and submits full application.
    27/03/2015 - Text received from Nationwide to say application received.
    30/03/2015 - Text from Nationwide to say that valuation and survey been booked, and EA confirms valuation to take place on 07/04/2015 (a week from today, which I think is good ocnsidering the 2 BH's in between).

So that's where I am at the moment, just really keeping everything crossed that everything is fine as we love the house. Just had a call from our selling agent to say that our buyers' mortgage valuation will be next Weds too.
  • betsy123_2
    Options
    we had our valuation yesterday....
    does any one know how long skipton take from valuation to offer?
  • djedga
    djedga Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Amended Timeline:

17/3 - Offer accepted and accepted offer on our current property.
    19/3 - Full application sent to broker with payslips, P60s, bank statements, proof of gifted deposit form.
    20/3 - Application sent by broker to nationwide (next day).
    24/3 - The buyers survey was done on our current property.
    25/3 - chased adviser for update on application.
    25/3 - Credit score passed, Affordability passed. Initially wanted proof of bonuses for last two years. Broker asked them to re-key without bonuses as we should pass without, which we did so no longer required. Valuation instructed on our purchase (should happen in 4-5 days). Passed to senior underwriter (probably another 3-4 days until he gets to it).
    28/3 - Land Registry plans received from solicitors to confirm plot requiring searches, instructed searches (also confirmation that draft papers have been received from sellers solicitors)
    28/3 - T's & C's received in post from surveyors to sign and return
    30/3 - Chased broker for update - nothing received
    30/3 - Response from Nationwide, survey booked for 31/3, broker spoke to underwriter, no further info needed, mortgage offer is just pending successful survey.
    30/3 - Searches on our purchase instructed
    31/3 - Surveyor phoned to check any concerns on our intended purchase before he carries out the survey. Also checks regarding level of interest/competition when we offered (I guess to satisfy any potential concerns over valuation level etc).
    31/3 - Our Estate Agent confirmed valuation on our property done, mortgage offer in post to our buyers and searches instructed by them.

Fingers crossed we may even get the valuation and homebuyers report back and an indication of offer before the bank holiday, all things being good.
  • Vok_2
    Vok_2 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Hi fellow “Natwesters”,
    How are our nerves doing? Mine is off the charts. Honestly I just want my life back now, all this waiting is killing me slowly. Lol!
    Where are we all with our applications? I haven’t heard a word from Natwest since my application went in last week Monday (23/03/15). But am trying to look at the positive side and take it that “no news is good news”.
  • lepetitmanoir
    Options
    First time buyer joining in on the timeline for Halifax:

11/3 Met with Broker and got AIP with Halifax, they ask for 15% deposit rather than 10%, ok.
    17/3 Offer Made
    18/3 Offer Accepted
    24/3 Back to Broker for Mortgage Application to Halifax (+ 3 mths bank statements, 3 mths pay slips) also paid valuation fee there and then.

No news so far but then we've not called the broker either. Money for valuation has left my account, although I've not heard anything about it happening yet and I see that Halifax did a credit search on 25/3.
  • Lilhobo
    Lilhobo Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Call from mortgage advisor today, going for final sanity checks (whatever they are) with the underwriters and expects valuation to be instructed (Santander) today. Or tomorrow now as no further word!
  • jagger86
    jagger86 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is anyone else awaiting an offer with Santander?

Our full application was submitted on 18th/19th March.

Vendor said they have had no contact re: valuation from them. MA said we should get an offer this week but still not heard anything. Awaiting a return call but starting to panic as to why it's taking quite a while.
    tackling credit card debt starting Feb 2020
    HSBC £3400 £3251
    Santander £4400 £4188
    Fluid £650 £330

Emergency fund £580/£1000
  • stalkah
    stalkah Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'm kinda shocked just had a call from the mortgage broker we've had a mortgage offer and should have the paperwork in the next couple of days :)
  • djedga
    djedga Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    stalkah wrote: »
    Well I'm kinda shocked just had a call from the mortgage broker we've had a mortgage offer and should have the paperwork in the next couple of days :)

Nice!

We're a day behind you on the survey so with a bit of luck hoping for a similar call tomorrow so I can enjoy the bank holiday weekend!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback