Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Options

Comments

• Simply_Me_2
    Options
    Imran Hussain may not of been the instigator of all this dishonesty and misrepresentation however the trouble for him is that he spent too much time spinning yarns of fairy tales to people like me. When I first had cause to speak with Mr Hussain in September had he been honest and upfront with me then and even if that was as little as we are not coping or I am not sure as a firm we can deliver what you have paid us to deliver then I would of taken me and my file elsewhere however he did not.

Today as I write I am depressed, thousands of pounds of my money is missing and I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Mr Ilyas nor his wife spoke to me on 15 December telling me to send £40k plus of my money to Wolstenhome's account when by that time it was known something was a miss but Mr Hussain did, he allowed an innocent party and countless others to transfer our lifesavings into these bogus accounts. You cannot manage or own something and then try to defend your position by saying you didn't know what was going on that in itself is reason enough to get struck off!

And may I say fool for Mr Hussain for buying into a business that has managed to grind it self to a fraudalent halt in less than 4 months of purchase, bah hum bug!!
  • Simply_Me_2
    Options
    Look what I just found on the Times online website. So is this Ms Qayoum's brother trying to defend her/him????

asad qayoum wrote:
    The Reality
    Imran Husseiyn joined wolstenholmes solicitors in March 2009. Nasir Ilyas has been the CE of the company since 2006. All the fraudulent activities had been carried out by Nasir Ilyas and his wife Asma Qayoum (who he has now divorced). When Nasir Ilyas realised that his fraudulent activities had been caught out he then sold the company to Imran Husseiyn who really is a genuine man. He also made bobby shabbir and bilal khwaja partnes in 2009 who had nothing to do with all this and have now had their pratice certificates suspended too.
    Nasir Ilyas - You crook - Go to hell

Beware of Nasir Ilyas
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    Simply_Me wrote: »
    Imran Hussain may not of been the instigator of all this dishonesty and misrepresentation however the trouble for him is that he spent too much time spinning yarns of fairy tales to people like me. When I first had cause to speak with Mr Hussain in September had he been honest and upfront with me then and even if that was as little as we are not coping or I am not sure as a firm we can deliver what you have paid us to deliver then I would of taken me and my file elsewhere however he did not.

Today as I write I am depressed, thousands of pounds of my money is missing and I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Mr Ilyas nor his wife spoke to me on 15 December telling me to send £40k plus of my money to Wolstenhome's account when by that time it was known something was a miss but Mr Hussain did, he allowed an innocent party and countless others to transfer our lifesavings into these bogus accounts. You cannot manage or own something and then try to defend your position by saying you didn't know what was going on that in itself is reason enough to get struck off!

And may I say fool for Mr Hussain for buying into a business that has managed to grind it self to a fraudalent halt in less than 4 months of purchase, bah hum bug!!

I got the impression from the TV interviews yesterday, as well as my own conversations with Mr. Hussain, that he is an expert in PR and denial. No, he is not blameless in all of this and as their Managing Partner, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility. The SRA will have taken this into account.
  • Catwoman8950
    Options
    Simply_Me wrote: »
    Look what I just found on the Times online website. So is this Ms Qayoum's brother trying to defend her/him????

asad qayoum wrote:
    The Reality
    Imran Husseiyn joined wolstenholmes solicitors in March 2009. Nasir Ilyas has been the CE of the company since 2006. All the fraudulent activities had been carried out by Nasir Ilyas and his wife Asma Qayoum (who he has now divorced). When Nasir Ilyas realised that his fraudulent activities had been caught out he then sold the company to Imran Husseiyn who really is a genuine man. He also made bobby shabbir and bilal khwaja partnes in 2009 who had nothing to do with all this and have now had their pratice certificates suspended too.
    Nasir Ilyas - You crook - Go to hell

Beware of Nasir Ilyas

It is exactly the same comment that tweety2009 posted on this forum. I doubt whether he posted under his (or her?) real name on the Times website as his comment might be seen as libellous by some.
  • edgworth
    Options
    Dear all I am one of the forunate ones who only stand to lose £300 deposit plus the price of the search fees. For that I thank God as there are many poor unfortunate souls out ther who stand to lose their life savings and also their homes.
    I have now instructed another solicitor to do a proper job but I now need to pay almost £2000 in stamp duty for which I would not have been liable if these seemingly incompetent buffoons had done what I was paying them to do.
    If there is any money left after after all those due have been paid every penny does anyone know if I am due compensation for this at all? Sorry if I seem a bit naive but then again I wouldn't have gone with this lot if I had been totally savvy!!
  • MSAB_2
    MSAB_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Its great news that Wolstenholmes has finally been forced to close.
    I'm one of the lucky ones I've only lost £350. (The other £3500 mysteriously appeared in my current account when I complained.)
    We should all spare a thought however for those who are much more seriously out of pocket.
    What a nightmare to come into the new year with no home or means to buy a home.
    I wish you every bit of luck in getting your money back.
    Also...
    If there's anything positive we can draw on from this experience is the power of 'we' this Forum alone has created action from words. Not the media, not the government. But 'we'
    I will most certainly be using this and other social action groups if I have a problem again in the future.
  • DIZZY11_3
    Options
    I too only paid a mere £450 (which seems like pennies compared to some) to these sad, pathetic so called solicitors but whether they have a £1 or £100,000 of our money we put our trust in their expertise to deal with our neccessities and they failed (big time).

What really gets to me is, the thought of these wasters driving around in their posh cars and sitting with a roof over their heads in their large comfy homes whilst we all have the start of not a "Happy New Year" to deal with but a very stressed and uncertain one.

I do hope these people get what they deserve and more than just a kick in the b:footie::footie:s.
  • tweety2009
    Options
    My comments about nasir ilyaas are not libellous. they are absolutely true. I have known this person for around 3 years. He even tried to sell me his firm but when I checked all the accounts I realised that it was in massive debt. I therefore changed my mind. Its a shame that people like Imran Husseyn have been caught in the trap. How can a firm which is so well established (nearly 200 years old) go down in less than 3 years. It is because Nasir Ilyaas managed it badly. He used peoples money to live a luxurious life and left the company in a mess. The truth will prevail now that the Law Society is carrying out all its investigations. Nasir Ilyaas will be brought to justice. He must be brought to justice.
    Poor Asma, I feel sorry for you.
  • Simply_Me_2
    Options
    So Tweety if your comments are all true how comes you could spot the troubles with the accounts but Imran couldn't?

Are we spelling his name incorrectly?
  • rfsp
    rfsp Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2010 at 12:59AM
    Options
    tweety2009 wrote: »
    My comments about nasir ilyaas are not libellous. they are absolutely true. I have known this person for around 3 years. He even tried to sell me his firm but when I checked all the accounts I realised that it was in massive debt. I therefore changed my mind. Its a shame that people like Imran Husseyn have been caught in the trap. How can a firm which is so well established (nearly 200 years old) go down in less than 3 years. It is because Nasir Ilyaas managed it badly. He used peoples money to live a luxurious life and left the company in a mess. The truth will prevail now that the Law Society is carrying out all its investigations. Nasir Ilyaas will be brought to justice. He must be brought to justice.
    Poor Asma, I feel sorry for you.

OK! WELL THEN WHY DONT YOU HELP THE SRA/LSC TO CLEAR THIS MESS?

Please come out tweety!!!!

So you are Asad qayoum, brother of Asma Qayoum?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure