Tesco Mobile Price Increase

Options

Comments

• Shrimply
    Shrimply Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NineDeuce wrote: »
    Same goes for the other phones. Ridiculous prices inflated by the non-essential gimmicks....

Perhaps you should be less judgemental about what other people choose to spend their money on. You can go through life never spending extra money on things that you get enjoyment out if you like but maybe don't be so quick to criticise others.

Photos that I have taken on my S7, just because I've had it with me, have more than paid for than the price of the phone in my eyes. I can't see how you can call that a gimmick.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you point out where in my post I stated that only Iphones are in that price bracket.

Same goes for the other phones. Ridiculous prices inflated by the non-essential gimmicks....

Stick to what you like and leave others to buy what they want.
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    Options
    john22 wrote: »
    Stick to what you like and leave others to buy what they want.

And this is called a discussion... I am allowed to have an opinion or respond how I wish...

In what capacity am I physically preventing people from buying what they want? Move on....
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    Options
    Shrimply wrote: »
    Perhaps you should be less judgemental about what other people choose to spend their money on. You can go through life never spending extra money on things that you get enjoyment out if you like but maybe don't be so quick to criticise others.

Photos that I have taken on my S7, just because I've had it with me, have more than paid for than the price of the phone in my eyes. I can't see how you can call that a gimmick.

I didnt say that people shouldnt spend money on enjoyment. I question the worth of a 'top of the range' phone's supposed enjoyment given that you can get 95% of it on a much more budget phone.

Photos taken on your S7.... I can take photos on a £10/month phone too.
  • System
    Options
    And this is called a discussion... I am allowed to have an opinion or respond how I wish...

In what capacity am I physically preventing people from buying what they want? Move on....

Where did I say you were physically preventing people?

Your post had nothing to do with the main topic and is just a dig at expensive phones and the people who buy them.

If you don’t like expensive phones then fine but leave other people out of it. As you say it’s beyond you to why people buy them so don’t bother trying to say anything about it. Hence why I told you just to leave others to buy what they want.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you point out where in my post I stated that only Iphones are in that price bracket.

You couldn’t just go back and read your post that I quoted?

Why people think they need Iphones is beyond me.

It is good that the OP states an iPhone as £749. People dont see it like that they see it like 'that's only £30 per month'. It isnt. It is £749.
    ====
  • NineDeuce
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    You couldn’t just go back and read your post that I quoted?

And? Iphone is clearly an example of an expensive phone....
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    You’re out of touch if you think only iPhones cost that sort of money, a Galaxy Note 8 is just under £900 or s8+ £780, even a “cheap” brand like Huawei now have an £800 flagship model.
    You really would need to be a complete muppet to pay that for a Huawei!!:eek: At least an iPhone keeps some of its value, you can then sell it to another fanboy who likes to be easily parted with their money..:) Let's face it, all those iPhone screen repairers need to be kept in work.
  • System
    Options
    I wish we had someone who was trained in psychology to explain why people who have no desire in something have to then label others or think something is not right with them when they have that thing that they don’t want.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    john22 wrote: »
    I wish we had someone who was trained in psychology to explain why people who have no desire in something have to then label others or think something is not right with them when they have that thing that they don’t want.
    Would be handy, because I'd like to know why some people spend £1000's on stuff when they don't have the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure