iSofas.co.uk

Options
13»

Comments

• Searlecom
    Options
    You should have done what we did, we took them to the small claims court and won.

Don't buy anything from these jokers, you have been warned!
  • kritityagi
    Options
    The biggest cheaters in the sofa industry
  • Finnella
    Options
    Hi I had a very negative experience with this company. I paid £99 delivery charge due to my location, was promised delivery 7-15days. Six weeks and several phone calls later, I was told not to phone back and ask about a delivery date. They would tell me when they were going to deliver. I asked for a refund at this point. And had to wait 4weeks for that. Very rude on the phone too
  • eyeza78
    Options
    It's been said so many times on this thread. DO NOT GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR MONEY. They provide a 12 month warranty for a reason - the sofa will fall apart after 12 months if not sooner. Run by a bunch of kids. Luckily we paid by credit card, but Trading Standards are on the case.
  • Keithcalder
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Well it's been about 1 year since I was ripped off by Isofas. The sofa I purchased has fallen to pieces and I have had to replace it. This time, I went to DFS who have supplied me with a beautiful leather sofa and footstool which is just perfect. I would recommend DFS to supply your new sofa.
    ISOFAS are a bunch of bandits and I can't wait for someone to post saying trading standards have finally closed thrm down before they rip off any more people
  • beth-amy
    Options
    Just joined to say that I am going through the same thing!

Paid for a sofa for £718.99 via their ebay outlet, didn't think to look for reviews because they had loads of positive reviews on ebay and I loved the sofa!

Firstly they tried to deliver my sofa at 10.45pm at night like this was a perfectly normal time to deliver?! Then when it did arrive, I left it in the wrapping for a week or so because I was having some decorating work done at my flat. When I unwrapped it I realised it didn't have the clips that hold the two parts of the sofa together. I phoned to arrange these to be sent to me so I could attach. Even this was too much for Isofas to deal with as first they said they would post them, then they said they would send someone to fit them, then I received an email to say they had been posted (a lie because they never arrived)

All the while I had more problems, the legs on my sofa had started to bow before eventually the wood they were fixed in to splintered and broke. I duly phoned Isofas to tell them and said my sofa was defective, I also emailed them photos. They said the man would come to fit the clips and fix the legs.

Eventually a man did come to fit the clips and said he had no knowledge that the sofa was faulty, took one look at the shoddy workmanship and said I would need a replacement. The wood inside had been bodged together crudely with nails and screws and was completely unfit for purpose, there was no way it was ever going to be strong. The guy tried to be helpful and fitted temporary legs (now I have two separate halves of the sofa at two different heights).

When I phoned Isofas they tried to claim it was very unusual, they had never had a problem like this before and insinuated I was somehow at fault. They said they would need to collect the sofa "to investigate the matter further". Queue two dates they promised to collect and didn't, both times blamed it on the delivery company. I then decided to try via Paypal to get my money back, and then they changed their story again now saying it was damaged in delivery and I should've flagged the issue on delivery / refused the delivery?! Really scraping the barrel for excuses now! Unless the delivery driver took the sofa apart and rebuilt it poorly on the way down then I'm afraid Isofas this isn't possible! They even had to cheek to claim this was their first ever return so it was 'really unsual' (Extremely laughable when a quick google search returns multiple unhappy customers) So I'm currently waiting on the results from my Paypal dispute - wish me luck.

But basically DON'T BUY FROM THEM! The sofas might seem cheap but THERE IS A REASON! I have previously bought a cheap sofa from a discount place and not had any issue with them so I know it's not the same issue for all discount sofa retailers. But Isofas are one to be avoided: RUDE, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, POOR QUALITY GOODS, LIARS.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    beth-amy wrote: »
    Just joined to say that I am going through the same thing!

Paid for a sofa for £718.99 via their ebay outlet, didn't think to look for reviews because they had loads of positive reviews on ebay and I loved the sofa!

Firstly they tried to deliver my sofa at 10.45pm at night like this was a perfectly normal time to deliver?! Then when it did arrive, I left it in the wrapping for a week or so because I was having some decorating work done at my flat. When I unwrapped it I realised it didn't have the clips that hold the two parts of the sofa together. I phoned to arrange these to be sent to me so I could attach. Even this was too much for Isofas to deal with as first they said they would post them, then they said they would send someone to fit them, then I received an email to say they had been posted (a lie because they never arrived)

All the while I had more problems, the legs on my sofa had started to bow before eventually the wood they were fixed in to splintered and broke. I duly phoned Isofas to tell them and said my sofa was defective, I also emailed them photos. They said the man would come to fit the clips and fix the legs.

Eventually a man did come to fit the clips and said he had no knowledge that the sofa was faulty, took one look at the shoddy workmanship and said I would need a replacement. The wood inside had been bodged together crudely with nails and screws and was completely unfit for purpose, there was no way it was ever going to be strong. The guy tried to be helpful and fitted temporary legs (now I have two separate halves of the sofa at two different heights).

When I phoned Isofas they tried to claim it was very unusual, they had never had a problem like this before and insinuated I was somehow at fault. They said they would need to collect the sofa "to investigate the matter further". Queue two dates they promised to collect and didn't, both times blamed it on the delivery company. I then decided to try via Paypal to get my money back, and then they changed their story again now saying it was damaged in delivery and I should've flagged the issue on delivery / refused the delivery?! Really scraping the barrel for excuses now! Unless the delivery driver took the sofa apart and rebuilt it poorly on the way down then I'm afraid Isofas this isn't possible! They even had to cheek to claim this was their first ever return so it was 'really unsual' (Extremely laughable when a quick google search returns multiple unhappy customers) So I'm currently waiting on the results from my Paypal dispute - wish me luck.

But basically DON'T BUY FROM THEM! The sofas might seem cheap but THERE IS A REASON! I have previously bought a cheap sofa from a discount place and not had any issue with them so I know it's not the same issue for all discount sofa retailers. But Isofas are one to be avoided: RUDE, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, POOR QUALITY GOODS, LIARS.

Unfortunately Paypal don't offer a guarantee. Depending on what you have given for the reason for the dispute, you could lose. Even if you do win, you will be asked to send the sofa back (at your cost) via a method which is trackable online.

You may be better sending them an LBA (letter before action) and pursuing a Money Claim Online.
  • Keithcalder
    Options
    Hello again,

I've just been trawling the forum to see how many more people like me, lost money to this cowboy company.

I see the list has grown and I feel sorry for each and every one who have been ripped off.

This company is now trading as sofas4less so spread the word before anyone else looses money.

K.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport