We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The wind is biting.

We won't see swallows for a few months yet. I have seen quite a lot of bumble bees around which is good.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi all

dull but still dry here , could do with a shower to give the ground a soak tho.... may regret saying that !! :(

I am feeling like ive been kicked by a horse at the mo... my lower back is on strike ! I know it will pass but when I wake up it feels like I have lead knickers on ;)

sister coming from IOW today to visit mum so im picking up from the ferry and "being transport", that will cheer mum up.

had social services inspect mums flat on Thursday, they said what they will add [rails etc] to help her and also said they would do the same at my place [in her room/shower room etc] !! as she would still be coming over for weekends... which I thought was very good of them.. will be a while yet.. she can walk with a frame but its the getting herself UP and DOWN from bed/seat that needs working on..

anyway, im maybe going to sell at bootsale tomorrow or Monday, need to get time of airport pick up tomorrow to determine which !

I need to do a bit more in the garden but am enforcing a rest on myself ..

hope you all have a good easter break...
  • choille
    Options
    Glad Mum is getting some assistant re rails. My gran when she was alive got a seat that had a ejector - my grandad called it - it tilted up gradually to help her get up.

It's hailing here & snowed yesterday so all the tops have a light dusting of snow.

Really feel the cold for some reason today. Cowering indoors.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's going to be a while before i can afford the plastic for the polytunnel.

We will prob sell the sit on lawnmower and put that in the polytunnel plastic fund.

eBay had gone really slow due to the holidays.. which tbh i had forgotten how quiet it gets at certain times of the year.

Can't remember if i said. But we have got another litter of kittens here. 3 this time. 2 ginger Tom's and a Torrie girl.. def getting her done after these. Also getting Thug's 'nads' chopped off too.

Grey and overcast here. And quite cold compared to what is has been like. Do indoors today ensuing i think..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    Options
    It's going to be a while before i can afford the plastic for the polytunnel.

We will prob sell the sit on lawnmower and put that in the polytunnel plastic fund.

eBay had gone really slow due to the holidays.. which tbh i had forgotten how quiet it gets at certain times of the year.

Can't remember if i said. But we have got another litter of kittens here. 3 this time. 2 ginger Tom's and a Torrie girl.. def getting her done after these. Also getting Thug's 'nads' chopped off too.

Grey and overcast here. And quite cold compared to what is has been like. Do indoors today ensuing i think..

Is your OH called Thug?

Yes, ebay is very quiet - I've found it has been for a while now.

Kittens are lovely but you get that you can't get homes for them all.

Puppy being especailly 'challenging' today.:eek:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Is your OH called Thug?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Puppy being especailly 'challenging' today.:eek:

So is grandson. :undecided

Still, at least I stopped him eating his Mum's contraceptive pills, although he might have had one. :o

Dunno how they manage normally! :rotfl:

We have bright sunshine.....:p ....but it's still bloomin' cold! :(
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,758 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Been MIA due to year end and having to stock take. Finally get my life back and also get in the accountants good books.

Have made a conscious decision that I want to be full time in the business starting March next year.

DD1 is in the middle of night lambing, she seems to be coping ok. She and her brother are off to Torquay on Thursday for the Young Farmers AGM. I'm sure they'll be fine.

DD2 is living at the farm she works at to do their lambing. DS1 has had a bit of a blow with his lambing as one of the clever people he works with turned some cows and calves out with his sheep and lambs. The cows mauled the lambs and killed and injured quite a few. He wasn't happy.

OH thought it was going to rain so spread the grass seed around about 2 weeks ago. It didn't rain the pheasants and pigeons are loving it!

Off out for afternoon tea tomorrow to celebrate the end of the stock take.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lol Choille.. some people might think so lol. Thug is the one and only kitten she had at the begining of December.. unless it is someone we know .We will prob keep these 3 as well...So that means we would have 7 cats!!! 'Ugly' the old Torrie that walked into our lives about 5 years ago is now starting to get old and frail..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    Options
    I love cats. I really do but hairy cat is enough at the moment - I doubt he'd tolerate another & he's pretty big so would do it damage - he just gives Puppy a withering look now.
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    dafty duck.. I really think you ought to write a book in the format of your posts on here

I think dafty and Dave are like a double act ~ a nice mix of knowledgeable and nutty :D
    choille wrote: »
    I have seen quite a lot of bumble bees around which is good.

Eek, yes it is good, but not when they appear to be taking up residence in my house!! Anyone know if bees will build a nest in a wall cavity?? I've seen a lot of them going into a grid thing which originally went straight into the garage, but now there's a cavity between it and the garage. DH has just had a look in the loft and he can't see or hear anything.
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure