Lego deals thread......Please post finds here

Options

Comments

• JJBargain
    JJBargain Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    It only takes a second to say thanks! :beer:
    Remember: Amazon prices change quickly!!!
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Bargain. Great set. I bought two more of these at that price. Great for birthday gifts for other people's kids.

I know. I bought 6 last October to have a small army of Manta Rays and sold the empty books as a job lot on ebay for £2.50 each.
  • willow_loulou
    Options
    mum26 wrote: »
    I really dislike those silly figures the put in the "friends" sets, what is wrong with normal lego characters?

My daughter agrees, she loves all things lego but cannot stand these. She says they are like the naff new style polly pocket dolls. She loved the idea of the pool set thats £4.99 on amazon atm (link below if anyone wants it) but didnt want it because of the girl character.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005KIQEMU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    Life happens, live it well.
  • thingswelike
    thingswelike Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2012 at 1:27PM
    Options
    LEGO City 4645: Harbour

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OT4VN0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&!!!!!bargainwatch-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B004OT4VN0

61Qp3QFqQTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    RRP: £71.99 Price: £39.99

Sorry - looks like there's 3.90 postage on top of that, and it's possible there's just the one.

Edit 2: I was using http://www.brickset.com/buy/UK/Amazon/ and I didn't think they covered 3rd party prices, so I'll be more careful from now on.
  • lors71
    lors71 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    advice all you lego masters;)...my 9 yr old daughter has gone OCD for lego since getting a bargain house in john lewis last christmas...she got every POTC lego set going for this christmas(£100 for a BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am i mad) and is a hUGE batman fan(she hates the new girly lego)..ok rambling sorry..but ..the new superhero sets ....she got the funhouse yesterday with her birthday cash .......am very tempted to get the rest of this range and keep till christmas...do you lot think it will sell out??or should i wait x thanks in advance x
    .......Pete Doherty and a tub of nutella nom nom
  • silly_sausage_4
    Options
    lors71 wrote: »
    advice all you lego masters;)...my 9 yr old daughter has gone OCD for lego since getting a bargain house in john lewis last christmas...she got every POTC lego set going for this christmas(£100 for a BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am i mad) and is a hUGE batman fan(she hates the new girly lego)..ok rambling sorry..but ..the new superhero sets ....she got the funhouse yesterday with her birthday cash .......am very tempted to get the rest of this range and keep till christmas...do you lot think it will sell out??or should i wait x thanks in advance x

My son is batman mad as well.... I haven't took the risk and brought all sets a few weeks ago and safely now in my hands - will be split between his birthday (May) and Xmas.... I am soooo money saving and really tore at me to pay full price with no discount and no free delivery!!! BUT my son talks constantly about lego batman so will be worth it.... I really cannot answer your question whether will sell out but I couldnt risk it doing so... Probably the only question you need to ask yourself is whether you will be gutted (as I would have been) if couldnt get hold of when you need to.... Sorry can't help more!
  • lors71
    lors71 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    My son is batman mad as well.... I haven't took the risk and brought all sets a few weeks ago and safely now in my hands - will be split between his birthday (May) and Xmas.... I am soooo money saving and really tore at me to pay full price with no discount and no free delivery!!! BUT my son talks constantly about lego batman so will be worth it.... I really cannot answer your question whether will sell out but I couldnt risk it doing so... Probably the only question you need to ask yourself is whether you will be gutted (as I would have been) if couldnt get hold of when you need to.... Sorry can't help more!

thanks :) you made my mind up for me(i thought i may be a bit over cautious in getting it early lmao)....i forogt about this range coming out when it was her birthday (jan 7th!!!)bought other stuff and then we went to toys r us and there it all was!!!!!!:eek: so she has a long wait till christmas but i will go get started.....ta for replying ...she would be devastated if these were all gone as she is a total batman addict...she wants to be harley quinn :) x
    .......Pete Doherty and a tub of nutella nom nom
  • verityboo
    verityboo Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    Options
    lors71 wrote: »

Most Lego sets are around for approx 2 years, I don't think its worth their while developing ranges with a shorter time span

There were some good lego bargains last spring so my advice would be to wait a couple of months for the price to come down
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just ordered 2 x City Space Shuttle sets (£13.49 each) and a Fire pick up truck set (£5) from John Lewis, all half price. Total was £31.98 so qualify for free delivery.

OOS now but check again tomorrow.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cars Mater is £2.74 @ John Lewis if anyone's interested.

Free delivery to store/selected Waitrose

http://www.johnlewis.com/231185082/Product.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family