Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WPC123 wrote: »
    With around 220 Courts and 220 working days in the year at best 200 Monarch claims (never mind TC, First Choice etc) will take a year to be heard.

I was working more on the basis that added with TC, Thomson, and a few from BA, Easyjet, Ryanair etc etc. there could well be in excess of 1000 claims clogging up the court system, let alone the more normal claimants on MCOL (that might not have a defended case anyway) - and taking your timescale that could be 5 years backlog.
    Although IMO defended cases will take less than a day, once the courts get the idea of the ruling then they'll be a quick scrutiny of the EC claim, a reference to a CAA decision on it if available, and a rubber stamp, they'll start to get through 6 or more cases a day.

But going to judge in a county court puts all these cases in amongst all the divorce and child access cases as well. And the courts are already busy enough.
    A poster called LBD is still waiting for a court date some 3 months after Monarch decided to defend.

But it's a further note, that Vauban is correct, that as of yet, the only response to deny a claim by Monarch is in reference to people that have commenced court action.
  • sharon366
    Options
    Morning all

I too have put in our claim to monarch. Sent the claims letter on new years eve, 4 days letter monarch sent us there claims forms to fill in . Sent those back with the documentation they requested on the 7th jan.
    I will keep you up dated iwhen/if I hear from them.
    Our flight was from Manchester to Egypt in April 11 and was delayed over 6 hours due to technical fault, waiting for new part to be delivered and fitted then they had to get new crew as the original crew would run out of time while in the air.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 January 2013 at 11:44AM
    Options
    During the small claim process the defendant has plenty of opportunity for further 'get lost' and 'brush off' attempts before the case actually gets to a hearing and if these fail they can still pull out before a hearing and just pay the claim.

I'm not sure how many of these claims may need a preliminary hearing though.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • richardw
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    .....But going to judge in a county court puts all these cases in amongst all the divorce and child access cases as well...

Are you sure about that?
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?

I'm assuming that. The MCOL is a simplified process, but if it's challenged,(defended) then it has to be heard by a district judge, which, irrespective of a court room or a judge in chambers - there's only so many judges, judges that would normally have a full workload with the other type of cases that I mention.
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    sharon366 wrote: »
    Morning all

I too have put in our claim to monarch. Sent the claims letter on new years eve, 4 days letter monarch sent us there claims forms to fill in . Sent those back with the documentation they requested on the 7th jan.
    I will keep you up dated iwhen/if I hear from them.
    Our flight was from Manchester to Egypt in April 11 and was delayed over 6 hours due to technical fault, waiting for new part to be delivered and fitted then they had to get new crew as the original crew would run out of time while in the air.

It would appear to be a cut and dried case from the details so far.
  • richardw
    Options
    Do District Judges in the County Court sit in Family cases?
  • Mark2spark
    Options
    Yes they do.

It's hard to show that via a link as Family cases largely go unreported, mainly due to children being involved.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would encourage anyone who feels that Monarch is not taking their claim seriously to register their displeasure on www.facebook.com/monarch. There are quite a few of us there, and I'm certain they must find it embarrassing to have their social media "shop window" littered by angry customers.
  • suelees1
    suelees1 Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    Options
    I agree Vauban, I've just started commenting on there
    I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure