Now I own a house... time to get my ish together!

Options

Comments

• ChicaBonita
    Options
    You've not got anything down for clothes, haircuts, entertainment etc. I would recommend putting a monthly budget for these, even if you only spend the money every few months. I know some people on here never get their hair cut, but I would rather put aside £20 a month and get it done every few months than never have one! :eek: Also putting a budget down for going out may help you keep it down (if that's a problem area).
    I would also recommend putting some aside for health-related things as you never know when you might need to get a check-up or prescription, and they can be costly if they crop up unexpectedly.

You've got a lot leftover at the end of the month if this is all you spend, but I think a lot of things need to be budgeted for to give a more accurate view :)

Just my two pence :)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    One other thought - you have a house, Now Make A Will.
    Yes it will be invalidated by marriage but if you go under a bus tomorrow, intestate, then any dreams of nuptials go sideways & any relatives are left to try to sort out what to do.

Do them & yourself a favour, make a Will & jot down a funeral idea, so "it's what littlebylittle would have wanted" not whatever's left after the taxman has administered it for a while.

That done, plan on not needing it for Decades!
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Thanks folks.

Chica, I don't ever really know what to put aside for this... I've always been a bit rubbish at it :( I don't spend money on these things thaaaat much so I typically just pull from whatever's left over... I live in Scotland so nothing to worry about on the prescription front :)

Dig, I'm 24 and an only child. Surely my parents would get everything...?

C
    X
  • Placitasgirl
    Options
    You've nothing at all in your SOA for buildings and contents insurance......is that a mistake? Hopefully so.

Nothing for water either?
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend x
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Buildings/contents insurance covered in factor's fees. Water included in ctax as I live in Scotland.

Thanks Hidden - having a good one so far. Got my hair done this morning, budgeted £90 but my hairdresser has started giving me mates rates... so only charged me £70 woohoo!

Off to pick up a couple bits of food for the week ahead (won't need loads) and then off to see my parents :)

Have a good one all.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    NSD today woohoo :-) x
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Spends this week...
    ~£20 Monday
    NSD Tuesday
    £1.12 Wednesday (but will mentally count this as a NSD as I found the cash in my purse, didn't know I had it)

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    Going through phases of being really good at not spending followed by phases of being awful at it...

In the last week I've been to London for the weekend to see the man and my GHDs have broken (as a curly haired gal, they needed replaced IMMEDIATELY). Both fairly spendy - £240ish all in. Eek!

Getting myself back into matched betting. Dabbled in it before and made a small amount of money but it's time to get serious. You can make £1000s from this stuff! Have signed up to a premium service with calculators and odds matching for £1 for 3 days.. see how I get on. It's £17.99 a month usually but the earning potential is mega which would cover it nicely :D

Will keep you all updated.

C
    X
  • littlebylittle26
    Options
    My parents came through last night with some furniture from home and we went out for dinner at Wagamama's which they also paid for, so I bought some drinks in return - £12.13 so not too bad :D

Spent £3.60 a return ticket for the train to work today as I'm in a different office. There are some leaving drinks tonight - I don't know the guy too well but I said I'd pop in for one. Might not even have anything to try keep out goings as low as possible.

C
    X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family