RBS Account Termination Letter

Options

Comments

• whambam
    whambam Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Why does your company not pay you the right amount of money?

They keep it for themselves they are greedy why pay employees to make a decent living. They will only pay enough just above minimum wage to meet legal requirements not staff living requirements as most couples are working 2 jobs between them and still struggling. The economy is a disaster.
    RBS have decided that you are a bad debt risk, and done what any sensible lender would do. This did not have to get to this stage, it would have been simple enough to agree an affordable monthly repayment plan.

Take this as a warning to work out a budget, and not to rely on credit you can't afford.

I told them what I could afford and they refused and were not willing to negotiate so there loss i'll give you something but if you don't want it tough its not my problem.

I could afford it for the majority time I had credit with them just recently this year. I have made hundreds of successful payments over the years for them to turn round and terminate my account. Oh and if your ill its seen as an excuse.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If they pay you less than your contract says they should, raise it with them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    whambam wrote: »
    good news got approved a nationwide account taking my banking elsewhere.

Banks should really understand customers circumstances and agree certain amount they can afford but they don't and they will default you and take you to court rather than giving you a chance.

It's time to fight. They banks get bailed out all the time why can't we at least its fair. Our companies we work for are not and will not pay us the right amount of money so we can pay our bills and tax will not go down.

Aren't you pleased that the banks got bailed out?Imagine the financial meltdown had they now been, it would have been on a scale never seen before.
  • whambam
    Options
    If they pay you less than your contract says they should, raise it with them.

It's there starting salary which is really low compared to the job. They put in their job descriptions and any other duties you may be asked = 2 other peoples jobs from my experience your doing 3 peoples jobs for 1 salary i call that unfair and stealing.
    venison wrote: »
    Aren't you pleased that the banks got bailed out?Imagine the financial meltdown had they now been, it would have been on a scale never seen before.

No, they should be forced to pay up as they are insured for their losses anyway. If they fail to pay criminal prosecution should be carried out just like ordinary people like me and you would face. It's unfair and time to fight back.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's there starting salary which is really low compared to the job. They put in their job descriptions and any other duties you may be asked = 2 other peoples jobs from my experience your doing 3 peoples jobs for 1 salary i call that unfair and stealing.

No, they should be forced to pay up as they are insured for their losses anyway. If they fail to pay criminal prosecution should be carried out just like ordinary people like me and you would face. It's unfair and time to fight back.

Q1 - go and work somewhere else then, they don't make you work there against your will.

Q2 is so full of ignorance it beggars belief
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    good news got approved a nationwide account taking my banking elsewhere.

Banks should really understand customers circumstances and agree certain amount they can afford but they don't and they will default you and take you to court rather than giving you a chance.

It's time to fight. They banks get bailed out all the time why can't we at least its fair. Our companies we work for are not and will not pay us the right amount of money so we can pay our bills and tax will not go down.

Well firstly you shouldn't be borrowing money you can't afford to pay back, you can't blame the bank for that.

Plus it's not the banks fault your have no valuable skills so have a rubbish job with low pay!.
  • whambam
    Options
    mcpitman wrote: »
    Q1 - go and work somewhere else then, they don't make you work there against your will.

It's not 1 company its on a grand scale. Wake up and smell the coffee its called work poverty.

To prove they pay so less for the type of work you do I just got a day job offering me £250 for a days work I used to earn that in a 40 hour job!

Q2 is so full of ignorance it beggars belief

It's reality its beggars belief all the people who are going to food banks and stealing to make ends meet because of these corporations look how much tax they pay peanuts.
    takman wrote: »
    Well firstly you shouldn't be borrowing money you can't afford to pay back, you can't blame the bank for that.

Plus it's not the banks fault your have no valuable skills so have a rubbish job with low pay!.

It's not my fault they are not willing to negotiate I can pay what I can. They don't need me as a customer anyway the bank won't default if 1 and 100 other people fail to pay they are just playing you silly with all there threatening letters that lead to nothing but scaremongering.

Don't comment on things you have no clue about my work.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

It's not my fault they are not willing to negotiate I can pay what I can. They don't need me as a customer anyway the bank won't default if 1 and 100 other people fail to pay they are just playing you silly with all there threatening letters that lead to nothing but scaremongering.

Don't comment on things you have no clue about my work.

Why should they have to negotiate your the one who agreed to the terms of the borrowing and the terms of repayment, then you suddenly start to break that agreement and you think they are the unreasonable ones?.

With regards to your work. If you have valuable skills then you will be able to find another job that pays better. If you don't have any skills then you can't expect anymore than minimum wage.

But unfortunately from your comments we can all tell that you don't have a clue what your talking about and seem to think your problems are the fault of everyone else but yourself. Until you start to accept that you problems are your own making you will continue to be in a low paid job with high levels of debt and a poor quality of life!
  • Paul_1977
    Paul_1977 Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    Did you speak to RBS, they can be very understanding.

I missed a few payments due to an issue with the payment from another bank.

They refunded me the charges after I phoned them and explained.

Obviosuly it's different for you, but they might be able to work something out.
  • whambam
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    Why should they have to negotiate your the one who agreed to the terms of the borrowing and the terms of repayment, then you suddenly start to break that agreement and you think they are the unreasonable ones?.

With regards to your work. If you have valuable skills then you will be able to find another job that pays better. If you don't have any skills then you can't expect anymore than minimum wage.

But unfortunately from your comments we can all tell that you don't have a clue what your talking about and seem to think your problems are the fault of everyone else but yourself. Until you start to accept that you problems are your own making you will continue to be in a low paid job with high levels of debt and a poor quality of life!

It's part of the banking code to give options to customers they broke those rules and bully people just do a search on you tube of bailiffs and Police trying to get money out of people who haven't got it at the moment.

You have no clue about work for the majority of people. Directors do 10% of jobs employees do and they get paid 50-80% more than staff because of their position. All they do is moan and have lunch party meetings.

It's little about me and more about the whole system that is the issue. Banks that create money out of thin air and then expect us to believe its real is the real problem.

If you really think banks and corporations care about you are being misled. You are a product created by the state not a human being by their standards. That's why you cannot get credit without proof of ID or address as they don't believe you orally when you say you are Mr/Mrs who lives at 10 Downing Street.

Its all a game to intimidate you. Most people fall for it while the clever ones play them at their own game. More strikes I say for equal fair pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure