Admiral Insurance, Offence?

Options

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vbuz wrote: »
    @Adrian - Aside from Admiral, Elephant and Diamond which all ask these questions my next cheapest insurance is 400 pounds more expansive :(

EDIT:

I have found on their quote website option for "Driver improvement course from TS conviction" which would be jumping red light course i guess? But it increases premium by 1500 pounds! Speed Awarness Course increases only by 300 pounds. But it says "from TS conviction" - i was not convicted or anything.. i guess? I dont know what to do.. thank you in advance.

EDIT: Also on my "Whats driving us?" scheme where i was for jumping red light which would be TS offence there were people who were there for speeding so maybe i should just treat is as Speed Awarness Course?

It used to be that you had to advise insurers of all relevant facts. Now you only have to answer their specific questions.

The course you were on was not a Speed Awareness Course. They are only asking about SACs, so you can truthfully answer "No".
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @Adrian - Aside from Admiral, Elephant and Diamond which all ask these questions

Three different names for the same company.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    @Adrian - Aside from Admiral, Elephant and Diamond which all ask these questions my next cheapest insurance is 400 pounds more expansive :(

Since they're all Admiral brands, it's no real surprise they all ask.

But I'm very surprised that others are SO much more. What percentage of your premium is that, and how are you searching?
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,215 Forumite
    Options
    I have found on their quote website option for "Driver improvement course from TS conviction" which would be jumping red light course i guess? But it increases premium by 1500 pounds! Speed Awarness Course increases only by 300 pounds.
    If you used your real name to get those quotes then Admiral now know that you've done the course - so you will have to declare it one way or another. They are very hot on cross-referencing multiple quotes from the same person for evidence of fraud. Even if you didn't use your real name, they may be able to link you to the quote, eg from cookies.

But it says "from TS conviction" - i was not convicted or anything.. i guess? I dont know what to do.. thank you in advance.

EDIT: Also on my "Whats driving us?" scheme where i was for jumping red light which would be TS offence there were people who were there for speeding so maybe i should just treat is as Speed Awarness Course?
    While I agree it's badly worded, personally I think it's fairly obvious that that option relates to a course arising from a traffic sign offence. If Admiral tried to refuse a claim I suppose you might argue that the question was confusing. The Ombudsman might agree with you - but I wouldn't want to stake a huge amount of money on it.
  • Vbuz
    Vbuz Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2017 at 8:25PM
    Options
    @Adrian - that would be 20% of my insurance. With Admiral i got 2000 pounds quote. I'm 23 years old. Im Using moneysupermarket for quotes

@Car54 - they ask about "Awarness Courses" not exactly speeding courses so i guess "Whats driving us?" scheme is considered awanress course?

I don't mind admitting i was on course and pay 300 pounds more (Speed Awarness) but TS conviction course adds 1500 pounds. I guess i will have to go with other company for 400 pounds more. Sadly Admiral has 10 months insurance option which i really liked. Also free 90 days Europe cover as i plan to go aboard. Other companies usually want additional money for it.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    Options
    Aretnap wrote: »
    If you used your real name to get those quotes then Admiral now know that you've done the course - so you will have to declare it one way or another. They are very hot on cross-referencing multiple quotes from the same person for evidence of fraud. Even if you didn't use your real name, they may be able to link you to the quote, eg from cookies.

Very much so. I had a few months of back and forth when they kept correcting my policy to cover my 3rd party allow wheels, because I'd put in a quote once on confused.com to see if it was worth getting some.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,215 Forumite
    Options
    @Car54 - they ask about "Awarness Courses" not exactly speeding courses
    That's not what you said in your first post.
  • mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aretnap wrote: »
    While I agree it's badly worded, personally I think it's fairly obvious that that option relates to a course arising from a traffic sign offence. If Admiral tried to refuse a claim I suppose you might argue that the question was confusing. The Ombudsman might agree with you - but I wouldn't want to stake a huge amount of money on it.

The customer doesn't need to second guess what the insurance company might have meant, just needs to answer the question.

"Have you ever been on a Speed Awareness Course?"
    "No"

Job done.
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,215 Forumite
    Options
    mad_rich wrote: »
    The customer doesn't need to second guess what the insurance company might have meant, just needs to answer the question.

"Have you ever been on a Speed Awareness Course?"
    "No"
    That's not what Admiral ask though.
  • moneybags1957
    Options
    I left Admiral after they wanted to increase premium after FULLY resolved third part liability claim in a different car to that insured. Their statistics claim once hit from behind by another negligent driver you become cursed and must be more of a risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure