Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I will surely pass your feedback on and hopefully this is something we can look into improving soon.

Advising our customers to submit readings 4-5 days before the end of each month is to ensure that the readings are validated in time for our bill run so we can use the readings on the statement. This is also to ensure that we only have to estimate for the last few days of the month. This process is to make sure the readings are used on the statement and your usage/statement is as accurate as we can currently make it.

If you have any questions, you can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Or email: help@flowenergy.uk.com

We are open Monday to Friday 8:00am until 20:00pm

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

Hengus wrote: »
    Thank you. If that is the case, then perhaps your website and PCWs should make it clear that all Flow billing will be based on estimates and not actual meter readings provided by the consumer. I will not be considering Flow Energy as my next supplier as billing based on actual meter readings is important to me.

Edit:

This has just been posted by another supplier's CS staff on another energy forum:

Quote:Your latest gas read is now visible in XXXX

There is a bit of a delay in these readings appearing as we have to get each read checked over to ensure it makes sense. This is because since Project Nexus, the gas industry upgrade, these meter readings now directly feed into the industry estimate of usage at your property.

We want to make sure your estimate is not being thrown off by an abnormally high read and so we send the reading off to compare it with the historical readings from the property to double check it's OK and then when we hear back it'll appear. This process usually only takes 1-2 days and so we're sorry that there was such a delay to your reading. Unquote
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Fleurly
    Options
    I agree with previous posts that Flow are not good at answering specific questions. I had to exchange several emails with them to get an answer to a query about why my meter reads and their dates are not shown correctly. It transpires they've never validated my Gas readings but have also never contacted me to tell me there was a problem!
    I have been remiss as not checked statements so didn't see "E" for estimated every time or would have asked earlier. The few readings that have gone through, the statement still has a final "E" figure - don't know why.
    Last September, I stayed with them as didn't realise there was a problem, now I have experienced their customer service, I'm not so happy.
    I no longer have any confidence in their processes and yesterday I said that I would look into leaving and would expect them to waive the exit fee because of the problems - I wait to hear their response.
    In the meantime, I have looked at Forums on suppliers offering lower tariffs and can see that there are a lot of problems out there! Don't know what to do for the best as don't really want to deal with a whole lot of fresh problems, if switch to another incompetent bunch - maybe out of frying pan into fire.
    On a side issue - how are Flow scoring highly in a Which survey? This was proudly announced in a newsletter - came 2nd apparently - I found the MSE survey more believable where they have dropped down the ratings.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fleurly wrote: »
    I agree with previous posts that Flow are not good at answering specific questions. I had to exchange several emails with them to get an answer to a query about why my meter reads and their dates are not shown correctly. It transpires they've never validated my Gas readings but have also never contacted me to tell me there was a problem!
    I have been remiss as not checked statements so didn't see "E" for estimated every time or would have asked earlier. The few readings that have gone through, the statement still has a final "E" figure - don't know why.
    Last September, I stayed with them as didn't realise there was a problem, now I have experienced their customer service, I'm not so happy.
    I no longer have any confidence in their processes and yesterday I said that I would look into leaving and would expect them to waive the exit fee because of the problems - I wait to hear their response.
    In the meantime, I have looked at Forums on suppliers offering lower tariffs and can see that there are a lot of problems out there! Don't know what to do for the best as don't really want to deal with a whole lot of fresh problems, if switch to another incompetent bunch - maybe out of frying pan into fire.
    On a side issue - how are Flow scoring highly in a Which survey? This was proudly announced in a newsletter - came 2nd apparently - I found the MSE survey more believable where they have dropped down the ratings.

Look at Zog; Bulb; Octopus and Tonik. They all seem to get good (well deserved) feedback. I can vouch for the first three.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I anticipate fun and games at the end of March, when the mse collective switch ends, for people staying with Flow.

Given that Flow insists on having readings about 5 days before month ends, does that mean that the reading for the 31st will be estimated, and that the new daffodil tarrif will start with an esimated measure?

Or, will Flow ask for a reading on the 31st and by some miricale get readings done correctly?
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    Hello,

We are really sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the service that you have received and would love to resolve any issues that you are experiencing with you at your earliest convenience.

Unfortunately, we do not have a private message function on here so please can I kindly request that you provide us with you Flow account number via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/, Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help or by calling or emailing our Customer Service team.

We endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

You can call us on: 0800 092 02 02

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

Fleurly wrote: »
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your recent post.

We ask our customers for readings 4-5 days before the end of each month to ensure that the readings are validated in time for our bill run. This means that we only have to estimate the last few days of the month.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

frankie wrote: »
    I anticipate fun and games at the end of March, when the mse collective switch ends, for people staying with Flow.

Given that Flow insists on having readings about 5 days before month ends, does that mean that the reading for the 31st will be estimated, and that the new daffodil tarrif will start with an esimated measure?

Or, will Flow ask for a reading on the 31st and by some miricale get readings done correctly?
  • frankie
    Options
    Well that's a really useful response isn't it! (NOT)

Totally ignored the comments made about contract end.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well that's a really useful response isn't it! (NOT)

Totally ignored the comments made about contract end.

Contract end isn’t an issue if consumers decide to switch. The gaining supplier is responsible for managing the switch which includes asking for a meter reading which, once validated, is used by the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. There is no need to provide the losing supplier with a meter reading on the date of transfer. Indeed, as they will have already been informed via industry flows that a switch is in progress, any meter readings logged after that notification has been received are usually ignored.
  • frankie
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Contract end isn’t an issue if consumers decide to switch. The gaining supplier is responsible for managing the switch which includes asking for a meter reading which, once validated, is used by the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. There is no need to provide the losing supplier with a meter reading on the date of transfer. Indeed, as they will have already been informed via industry flows that a switch is in progress, any meter readings logged after that notification has been received are usually ignored.

So how will this be managed when going from Flow to Flow's new tariff. Surely based on Flow's current model, the 31st will be an estimated reading, as will the new start date for the new tariff??

Or am I missing something here?
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

You can provide readings on the last day of your tariff however, to ensure that the readings are approved in time for our bill run, please can I kindly request that you contact us via Facebook, Twitter or by calling or emailing our Customer Service.

Warm regards,
    The Flow team

So how will this be managed when going from Flow to Flow's new tariff. Surely based on Flow's current model, the 31st will be an estimated reading, as will the new start date for the new tariff??

Or am I missing something here?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure