The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks INOD. Your right, my poor DS has been hugged so much this weekend. Luckily for me although he has autism he is very tactile. A bit to tactile to be honest, he's very clingy.

I've dragged myself out of my gloom today. I need to get on with life for my family so can't just slip into a gloomy place. I have to put my sorrow for others somewhere so I can carry on. I've always said I would never make a vegetarian as I would get to into it and end up upsetting myself. See, debt is not the only place where I stick my head into the sand.

I got paid for three of my sewing jobs today so I now have my £500 starter emergency fund. I have another two dresses to sort this week and another one to finish making. Will I ever get my list of jobs done? I also did a little promoting as one of the girls is getting married next year and may want some work done. I gave her my number. ;)

Tomorrow I need to focus on sewing BUT I do need to do some work tidying/decluttering the house......or maybe two hours of painting perhaps. I also still have a hall floor to stain. I can feel a few late nights coming up.

Now I seem to have found my money mojo I have decided to start looking at my health. I have found a cook book which has some nice recipies and focuses on good health. I'm going to follow the plan and do the week one cutting sugar. Im going to do a bit of food shopping tomorrow to get some food in, some good food, not junk. I don't want to be fat and unfit any longer.

Right time to do a few more bits then head of to bed later. Night all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I had a slight change of plan today. I decided to get as much of DS's school uniform as possible. I popped to the local school shop for the sweatshirts but only got one as I need to check the size. I then popped to T£sco to get 4 trousers and his tracksuits. I already have his shirts. Only a few bits to get.:j

Mum has also said she wants to buy some of his uniform and has given me £25 towards it. I'm going to put that towards his shoes. It seems like since I got serious about money it seems more available, if that makes any sense.

Decluttering is coming along nicely. Two bags of fabric and one bag of clothes to the charity shop. On top of that two bin bags into the bin. :j

I'm just about to continue with the sewing now which will bring in a few more pounds. Right machine and Mr Ramsey.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That was nice of your Mum.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Options
    It was Bob. She is an angel and dotes on DS. He is her only Grandchild so he gets all the fuss.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Morning diary

It's a lovely sunny day here which is nice for the start of my new food journey. I have made plans, been shopping and hopefully will be improving my cooking skills over the next few weeks. Tonight for dinner we will be having Mexican mince in lettuce wraps with fresh salsa. Swanky eh, well it is for me anyway.

Another change made is something I did a few years ago which helped my weight loss was cutting out sugar and bread. I didn't used to have sugar in tea part from the occasional treat but seem to have been having one per mug for the past year. Well it's gone again. Also last time I cut out bread I felt so much better so fingers crossed I will start getting my health and pain management back on track. :j

The only problem with the changes is the complete change in shopping list. I have been buying the same stuff every fortnight for years but now I have to put in some effort. :o

My emergency fund is still in tact so fingers crossed it will stay that way until the end of the month.

Sewing work is still coming in so bringing in the pennies.

But the list, oh the list, what a nightmare. Barely any of the jobs have been done due to the extra sewing work but I cant refuse it as its extra money and starting to get my name known. I have until Friday lunchtime to achieve some of the jobs before DS breaks up. Well the ones involving paint anyway. That child has his dad's talent with paint. :eek:

Anyway must get on. I'm off to the charity shop to drop off yesterday's bags. :j then I'm going to spend the rest of the day on jobs.

Have a nice day all.

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Fab news on the emergency fund you did very well

So sorry to hear about your friend and their little one.......poor wee soul xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks Abba. Yes it's heartbreaking and makes me think of my own. If anything happened to one of us he has the other. It keeps making me cry to be honest. I just wish there was something I could do. Bl00dy stupid hateful disease.

On a more positive note I have finally managed to build my bit of fence. It's in an awkward spot and the neighbours tree means I can't slide a panel in. Well after a bit of huffing and cursing it's done. It took about an hour. Why do I keep putting things off thinking I haven't enough time rather than just getting them done. Anyway I'm filthy now so im going to have a bath then get on with more sewing. I want as much of this as possible done today as tomorrow morning I would like to gloss paint the hall with the hope it will be dry before DS gets home. Then Thursday night I want to stain the hall floor so it has time to dry overnight.

Ok. Time to get on and make some more money. Perhaps I'll go and work for BBC. I will do it for half the price. :rotfl: ;)

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    My predicament that if anything were to happen to me my kids would get split up as my older two have a different dad from Kk :( even though my hubby has raised them for 5 years as his own and their own dad has nowt to do with them .........his choice but with Abbie being sixteen next year she could take charge of her brother plus they are old enough to voice where they would want to go...........it's scary to Think that might happen :(
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Yes Abba, it's very worrying when you think about it. Fingers crossed it will never be an issue.

• parsniphead
    edited 20 July 2017 at 10:54AM
    Options
    AN UPDATE AND CONCLUTIONS

This may be a long post. Just me pondering on what I have achieved/planned to achieve.

Anyway earlier this month I decided to hit the emergency fund and debt as hard as I can, with the crazy possibility of paying off all my debt and having an emergency fund before I return to work on 21st August. It's been up and down so far. My list is barely touched due to the amount of sewing work to do. This is good but I feel frustrated about the state of the house still. I'm planning to spend time in the hall today so that I can stain it after DS goes to bed tonight.

The debt is plodding along. I have paid slightly more than the minimum which is not what I wanted but it's in the right direction. Also when I have more money in at the end of this week off the debt it will go. Lots more work to do here though.

The emergency fund is now at £500. :j I do plan to increase this up to the full £1000 over the next couple of months but I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with this.:D

I have four more weeks to continue to try and hit my target or make as big a dent as I can. :T

Now the conclutions part relates to a book I have been reading lately. I can remember the title or author of the top of my head but one particular part of it rang true yesterday. She talked about when she wanted a car. She had looked at a sensible and affordable Honda or a sporty Audi convertible. She test drove them both and new the Honda was the right choice but REALLY, REALLY wanted the Audi. Anyway she brought the Audi. Then she said she became proactive In finding ways to make money to pay it of and that if she had the Honda she would have just plodded along and not found that motivation. What came to mind with me is EXPECTATION. I'm in the mindset often that I will always be skint and never have the nice things I want. My head says I shouldn't have them because I can't afford them and I have no right to them. If I expect to be skint I will be but if I expect more I will find ways to achieve what I want.

IM NOT GOING TO GO ON A SPENDING SPREE BY THE WAY. ;)

But what's wrong with expecting a decent standard of living and being active to go out and achieve that. You see over the past 15 yrs (that's a long time) I have cut so far I don't often have the basics. What most people would say is the bare minimum. I feel like I have spent most of my thirties and half my fourties with completely the wrong mindset. I have wondered around looking like someone who, quite frankly, is in abject poverty. Why? I'm a dress maker. Market fabric is cheap. No reason to look like a hobo.

Anyway this has also led, I believe, to me not looking after my home as well as myself. Things have broke, become tatty and unuseable and the structure is even beginning to deteriorate. I now have a leak in my bay roof. Also the tree very close to the house is looking decidedly dodgy. I dread every storm. I can't carry on like this. The roof needs fixing, the tree needs felling and the woodworm could have been treated simply months ago. I now have a bigger job to do. :mad:

I don't want to be scared any more to face these issues. I have to focus on that I deserve a better standard of living and so does my family.

So on top of the money challenge I pledge to get this whole house decluttered by my birthday in October.

Every week I will pledge to repair something, such as the door which has come of a cabinet.

I will find the money for the roof repair and tree felling.

I will have the home and life I deserve.

I'm sorry to go on but something has changed in my mind and I want to keep it there.

Look after yourselves people and find a way.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure