The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    great news, 70% of the way there
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    You can do it parsniphead xx

Thanks Abba. I just need to find my 'saving up for stuff' mojo now like you do.
    Odd. We started our emergency savings on the same day and I also have the grand total of £350. I won't be able to get to £500 until the end of the month. I would like to get to £1,000 but I might have to sell my bike to get there.

You are doing great Parsniphead :)

Oh snap. Fantastic. Well done DIA. DH has given be back his share of the food shopping money. I'm considering adding it to my savings rather than leaving it in my account where it may get frittered away. It would raise my fund to £411. I have money in my account to pay any outstanding DD's with a bit extra. I will give it some thought.
    great news, 70% of the way there

It sounds nice put like that INOD. Thank you. :T

I keep getting this silly feeling of excitement. I've never really had this amount put away. I did get £3000 redundancy last year but it got spent while trying to cover costs when DH got sick after I finished work. I thought that I may never reach this point and now it's in grasping distance. I'm nearer to baby step two than I've ever been. :T:j

Business is going good. I have two more lots of work to do. That may be small jobs but all is welcome and so far it's all been word of mouth. I can see this building to a point where it becomes my full time job. I'm just going to keep trying.

I couldn't have done without you guys encouragement. Thank you so much. :)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Brilliant progress Parsnip

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Fortune Smiles. My mind seems to have shifted gear and I feel so determined.

Today is going to be a bit spendy but I have budgeted or it. It's the local fun day on the park so I'm taking DS. It will be fair rides, tombolas and burgers all round.

I have decided to put the shopping money DH gave me into savings. On Monday im taking it up to the credit union and putting it in there. It's harder to get to. Adding the extra my emergency budget has reached £410. :j:j:j I'm so happy. It's taken years to get here but finally I'm doing it.

Have a fantastic day everyone.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Only another 18% to go. Amazing what having a target can do.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You're doing great :D
    Have a lovely day :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you INOD and uncannyscot. I need all the encoragement i can get.

I have changed my signature to show my real debts. Its scary reading but also quite comforting. I do like the emergency savings bit the most. I thonk the boost yesterday has really refocussed my brain. Once all mt sewing jobs are done this week i will have more than £500.

As you know I'm following the D@ve R@msey plan. He suggest $1000 or $500 for low incomes. $500 is about £377 pounds so im kind of in the middle. I wiil continue to add to it until it reaches £1000 but to have £500 is a huge step for me. So as soon as i reach £500 every single penny possible will go towards debt....except 10% of each payment will be withheld. I really, really need a new mattress. I was speared by a spring last night and its so bumpy and uncomfortable. I need to research costs of mattresses.

Once my new money regime settles in and becomes habit i will start on my health and weight loss. This needs to be sorted as I'm starting to feel really ill and in pain with my joints.

Right off to put DS in bed. I've let him have a later night tonight but i now need some me time.

Night all. X

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I agree your mattress should be priority. To achieve all you need to, a decent sleep is so important.

Well done on the emergency savings.

Dave Ramsey makes sense and I too will be following his baby steps

Sleep well Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks DIA. i could do with a new mattress now but i have lit up with it for a long time so a little longer wont hurt. It will be nice to save for it and not put it onto a card.

I'm going to have a day of general tidying and decluttering today as tomorrow i will be sewing all day while DS is at school. Tonight or tomorrow I also need to start painting the woodwork in the hall. The days just fly by so quickly I dont seem to be making massive progress on my list.

Lets see what happens today and how far I can get. Bags for the bin, charity shop and a pile for the tip would be nice.

Have a good day all.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Sorry, its one of those waffling days.

I read so many diaries on here and everyone seems to be doing amazingly well. I guess you all may not see it but they ALL keep me going day after day. But i just feel like im treading water even when i try very hard.

Any Dave R fans may be aware of his rants....i love the rants, they crack me up. Well there is one talking about when you've had it. I mean HAD IT, HAD ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU HAVE. THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE.

Well thats how I woke up this morning.

I'VE HAD IT

Well two loads of washing done and put out. It better not rain.:mad: washing put away, beds stripped AND remade, one bag of rubbish in the bin, kitchen cleaned, washing up done and a start made on my workroom.

I will be fullfilled and i will be debt free and solvent.

Blimey, who would have thought having an emergency fund would turn me into a monster.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure