The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• Lady_Bee
    Lady_Bee Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Don't think it has been over 14 degrees this year where I live...I'm getting a bit jealous of this talk of heat!!

:D Hopefully some will head your way soon! Could do with a shady spot to run in, mostly in the sun where I go but mustn't complain. I haven't done it in the rain yet, that will be interesting.

I ran my second park run and knocked 1 minute 40 off my previous time.

That is fantastic, well done!
  • Lady_Bee
    Options
    Week 2 completed. It was cold and windy today so don't be jealous lesley74!

Week 3 will be interesting, 3 minute jog will be tricky. I will have to 'dig deep' as the pro's say :p

:beer:
  • cottyh24
    cottyh24 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Very slow 5k today, 39m33s. I'm not unhappy though as I was finding it hard right from the start - my first km took me 7m40s. Usually when I'm struggling like that I get to 2k and give up but I carried on this time so that was my achievement rather than decreasing my time.

Plus, the right side of my body seems to have decided to protest very loudly about me making it exercise as I have an achy knee, sore hip, sore shoulder and for no apparent reason, sore ribs. I'm rocking the eau de muscle rub scent though :rotfl:
  • cottyh24
    cottyh24 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Lady_Bee wrote: »
    Week 2 completed. It was cold and windy today so don't be jealous lesley74!

Week 3 will be interesting, 3 minute jog will be tricky. I will have to 'dig deep' as the pro's say :p

:beer:

You've done fantastically so far so I'm sure you'll do the 3 mins too.
  • donglemouse
    donglemouse Posts: 2,652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Does anyone else run with there dogs?"

i do sometimes with my weimaraner, i have him on a waist lead it takes a bit of practice for runner and dog but you soon get used to doing it together
  • Dustyblinds
    Dustyblinds Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options

i do sometimes with my weimaraner, i have him on a waist lead it takes a bit of practice for runner and dog but you soon get used to doing it together

Hi dongle mouse, we have a Weimaraner as well, ds sometimes takes him jogging with him, but me and dd drew the short straw and always end up with the little one. I think once I've completed the c25k I might try with the big'un.
    How old is your Weimy?
  • Lady_Bee
    Options

I don't run with dogs but for some reason any dogs that are being walked in the field where I run find me fascinating! There was a very enthusiastic one yesterday that I had to actually speak to for it to calm down :rotfl:
  • Dustyblinds
    Dustyblinds Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Lady_Bee wrote: »
    I don't run with dogs but for some reason any dogs that are being walked in the field where I run find me fascinating! There was a very enthusiastic one yesterday that I had to actually speak to for it to calm down :rotfl:

Don't you find it annoying when other dog walkers allow there dogs to run up to you when your out running? When I'm walking our 2 I always use seeing joggers as a good opportunity for training and make them sit at the side of the path while said joggers run past, if they sit still they get a treat. A friend of mine thinks it's funny that her little dogs nip joggers ankles, so annoying.
  • 1940sGal
    1940sGal Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All :)

I'm getting back in to running again after injuring my foot in the army last August. Only now, nearly a year later, can I run almost pain free. I had a little pain last week but otherwise it doesn't rear it's ugly head anymore.

Anyway, my fitness dropped a bit after my injury. Before i joined the army (I'm out now) i was running regular and reached 10k. So I went back to basics and started half way through C25K. On Monday I ran 25 minutes non stop, first time in a long time. Felt brilliant :) Going to do that again tomorrow after work.

Personally I love hearing other people's journeys and seeing them get fitter and stronger. It inspires me in turn. :)
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checking back on here and see everyone is doing well.

I went out for a longer run yesterday, did 9km. Really struggled, was exhausted. Have since realised I should have eaten something. Went at 11am on an empty stomach so I was really without fuel. Oops. 1hr 5 mins so not a great time either. But I did it. Even if I do still have sore knees. Played tennis today so the tennis elbow has now taken over and my knee pain not so noticeable haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure