Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Options

Comments

• mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    I see Christopher Biggins will be making a guest appearance when you grill him in the vault I remember you interviewed him about his money etc on that good Ch5 program you done a few years ago I wonder if he actually took note of what you advised him ................... or do you think it went in one ear and out the other............ Biggins will never be strapped for cash his buddy's Joan Collins..
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    Charlotte Crosby what a waste of space................. In one ear out the other...... Had to switch offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • HayAH
    Options
    Hi. New to the forum and I really can't work out if this the place to ask a question but...
    Is it possible to get a copy / download the 12 saves of Christmas show? I run budgeting sessions (through Christians Against Poverty) and think this show would be a great session in September / October. I would also like to play the section with the ArchBish at my church. All in all a brilliant show. Thank you!
  • Vict
    Options
    Watched the new TV show on ITV last week. Appalled. Switched off at first advert break. It came across as a child's programme, talk about "dumbing down". Dressing up as Inspector Clouseau?, pathetic attempt at humour. Why cannot you treat your audience with some intelligence. Stick with clear facts and forget trying to "entertain" us. Why on earth revisit that couple that were given a house only to end up in massive debt? They clearly were clueless and don't deserve any sympathy.
    Why not a TV programme stuffed full of facts and advice instead of this stupid froth?
  • bcbamber
    Options
    I have a bad mental health problem and I being mercilessly persued by Wells Fargo Bank for money I owe. I heard Martin on two occasions claiming that my debt can't be referred to a debt collector because of my mental health. This is only true if they are signed up to the Lending Code. Now I am bnajxed as I ignored one of their letters and they took me to court and added all the interest they agreed to freeze. Can't get any legal advice or representation as the gov has cut legal aid down to the bare minimum. Can't get into court to represent myself as I am too ill. Any ideas?? Martin please don't keep saying the above. Not all banks are signed up to the Lending Code!!!!!!
  • vm2pensioner
    Options
    Vict wrote: »
    Watched the new TV show on ITV last week. Appalled. Switched off at first advert break. It came across as a child's programme, talk about "dumbing down". Dressing up as Inspector Clouseau?, pathetic attempt at humour. Why cannot you treat your audience with some intelligence. Stick with clear facts and forget trying to "entertain" us. Why on earth revisit that couple that were given a house only to end up in massive debt? They clearly were clueless and don't deserve any sympathy.
    Why not a TV programme stuffed full of facts and advice instead of this stupid froth?

Yes, there are important messages to get across to as wide an audience as possible. The dumbing down, embarrassingly poor humour and gurning from presenters only detract from the message.
  • flossy_splodge
    Options
    Yes, there are important messages to get across to as wide an audience as possible. The dumbing down, embarrassingly poor humour and gurning from presenters only detract from the message.
    Sadly I agree.
    Is the programme in fact now intended for the err shall we say, less alert amongst us?
    I wish Saira would stop flirting with Martin, it's sick making.
    Martins poor wife!
    I'm afraid I am not a fan of Saira anyway, think she detracts from the message.
    Do you not care anymore Martin, now you've made your money?:o
  • LFP1973
    Options
    Martin, Thanks for the freebie tickets to the Ideal Home Show. Caught your session on 26th March and enjoyed it greatly. Hope your cold is better. Thanks for the great advice.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Martin,
    Are you having further discussions involving Capital Repayment and Overpayment for mortgages. I found your site very helpful about choosing Capital Repayment and Overpayment options to pay towards mortgages. However my situation is slightly different as I have been awarded Land Compensation £3500 from my Local County Council. I would choose overpayment if given the option as I only owe £ 9000'ish, over 6 years 8 months, monthly payments set at £195.00 at 4.54% interest which is worked out monthly. Compensation has to be paid straight to the Mortgagee NRAM.

Four weeks ago and again two weeks ago I called NRAM to discuss my situation. I was advised that I could choose either Repayment or Capital repayment, I explained that when the situation was concluded and the £3500 compensation was paid I wanted the Repayment option so that the net effect would reduce the term which will result in us paying of the mortgage quicker. This was agreed over the phone with notes put on my file.

Yesterday evening 18.08.14 at 22.00 hrs, I phoned again and explained my situation to another agent. He explained that my compensation payment was paid in on the 14th August and couldn’t understand why a letter wasn’t sent out to confirm this. I explained how angry I was that I hadn’t been informed by letter and even worse they had completed the payment through a Capital Repayment Argh! The agent double checked about the letter and apologised to me, then explained he was the debt department and to phone back tomorrow, 19.08.14 to speak to an advisor, apparently only the debt department was open after 5.30 pm.

After calling back today and speaking to two different agents, as they both gave conflicting advice- argh, I was told by an agent, as I couldn’t speak to his superior or the mortgage department directly due to company policy, that my Land Compensation award can only be paid by the Capital Repayment option as it is classed as Insurance and this rule is clearly stated in my contract. However I don’t think I have ever been given a contract since the changeover from Northern Rock to NRAM, or maybe I have lost it.

They did say however, if I made another optional payment then the optional part would be classed as my preferred option, the cheek! I feel this is unfair especially as my request is on file and it is their agents who made a mistake in advising me wrongly in the first place.

Later today 19.08.14, 2pm, I received the letter dated 18.08.14 which I would not have even received if I hadn’t contacted them yesterday after 5.30 pm for an up-date.

In summary, I wondered if you would feel the same, if it is common for NRAM to be money grabbers in any which way they can, how I can get it out there to warn others about NRAM and if there is any advice that you can give me about this situation ?

Thank you for your valuable time.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 26 June 2015 at 12:04PM
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Bump to hide spam

I understand why you are doing that, but is it not just giving MSE Towers an excuse to ignore things?
    Surely the existence of such spam on a board directly linked to Martin is more likely to generate a proper response than on any other random board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure