IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For those NEWBIES who are having trouble understanding the concept, this is what you should be using instead of asking questions on an information only thread.

newthread.gif

When you see it (AFTER reading the NEWBIES thread), please click on it if you need further help.

Thank you.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Alison.corley
    Options
    Hi I received a ticket from ukpc for parking I’m disabled bay at the cinema is this enforceable?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi I received a ticket from ukpc for parking I’m disabled bay at the cinema is this enforceable?

Did you read the post immediately above yours?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Jaimee_1987
    Options
    I am in the process of submitting my defence but unfortunately the text doesn't fit in the box on the MCOL website (122 lines max). If I post it, it will not arrive in time and am becoming extremely concerned about what to do. If anyone can advise me I would be extremely grateful.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am in the process of submitting my defence but unfortunately the text doesn't fit in the box on the MCOL website (122 lines max). If I post it, it will not arrive in time and am becoming extremely concerned about what to do. If anyone can advise me I would be extremely grateful.
    Email it like everyone does. Don't post on this thread, please.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    It is pointless you posting in this thread.

Please start your own thread AND use the edit button to delete your posts in this thread which is for information only.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread is for general information only.

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free :D) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

newthread.gif
    Any posts made here will be archived to this thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    empacher wrote: »
    Hi There, I am thinking to putting together a youtube video helping people with the process of fighting these private parking companies. I have recently won against them but feel most people have no idea what to do.
    I wondered if you thought this was a good idea? Please PM me if you can!
    Thank you

This would be so much better if it was contained in a separate thread of its own. Would you please start a new thread where I’m sure you’ll generate some helpful replies.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Robsbo
    Options
    Sorry if this situation has already been queried but I have a parking fine originally from Smart Parking at my NHS GP car park. As I’ve moved and forgot to update my reg address with DVLA the fine was posted to my old address and the new occupiers returned it to sender. It was then passed to DRP (Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) and they tracked me down at my new address. When I called them they said it was too late to appeal and I now had to pay. Since that conversation, I’ve had another letter advising the PCN has been correctly and legitimately issues and I must pay before 29th Jan or they will recommend their client (Smart Parking) that court action be taken to recover the debt! Any advice on what I can do would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Robsbo, go back and read post #6 on this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure