IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Barnet Hospital (ParkingEye carpark) - RESULT!!!

Options
Thanks to the great info on this site. Will post below my correspondence on my recently received Parking Notice Charge, and the telephone conversation with [EMAIL="averynicelady@BarnetPALS"]averynicelady@BarnetPALS[/EMAIL]........

To: Sloman David (ROYAL FREE LONDON NHS FOUNDATION TRUST); Cc: BCF PALS (ROYAL FREE LONDON NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)
Subject: Attn Chief Executive

Dear Sir

I arrived at 11.45 for a 12pm appointment at Barnet Hospital, and paid for an hour of parking. No guidance was given in the appointment letter about how long I should expect to wait, and therefore how long I should expect to wait. I did “allow plenty of time to park and make your way to the appointment”. Neither was any guidance on delays given when checking in to the department.

I was kept waiting for my appointment in the Xxxxxxx Department for around an hour and a half. Eventually I asked when I would be seen……..it appeared (from the significant shuffling of papers) that I had been “forgotten” and magically I was next in.

After the appointment, I then waited for another half an hour or so to get a prescription filled, without the option to take it away and have it filled at my local pharmacy.

Today I received a Parking Notice Charge attached.

As I purchased a totally reasonable amount of parking, and I was kept waiting for a totally unreasonable length of time, I expect you to rescind this penalty charge.

http://www.channel4.com/news/jeremy-hunt-hospital-parking-free-chronically-ill-patients

Mr Hunt now says hospital trusts are - for the first time - responsible for the actions of any privately contracted firms they use to run their car parking operations.

Under the changes, trusts should waive fines when an overstay is beyond the control of the driver, such as medical treatment taking longer than planned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28905695

'Rip-off' costs

The guidelines also recommended hospitals should use "pay-on-exit" schemes so motorists pay only for the time they use in a hospital car park.

And they say trusts should waive fines if a visitor or patient overstays through no fault of their own, for example because treatment took longer than planned

Please confirm that you will cancel the penalty charge do so by return.

Further:

@David Sloman – how can you justify using ParkingEye when numerous NHS Hospital Trusts have recently terminated their contracts with ParkingEye. Also, can you let me know what directions about parking were given to you by Jeremy Hunt, when you were given these directions, when you contracted with ParkingEye, and in what way you believe you are conforming to the directions?

@PALS – I found this on an internet forum……..apparently this is your standard response……

"Regretfully, we cannot intervene in the appeal process as Parking Eye provides and manages parking at Barnet Hospital. in the first instance, with regard to the parking fine, you will need to contact Parking Eye directly, explaining that you wish to appeal your fine due to the reasons given. "

Or to put it another way "we don't care"

Is this your present response? If so, how does your “we cannot intervene” with Jeremy Hunt’s statement that the Trust is responsible for the actions of their parking operator. It specifically says “Trusts should waive charges”………..Trusts, rather than the parking operator.

Regards

Froggitt

illegitimi non carborundum

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    From: [EMAIL="VeryNiceLady@BarnetPALS"]VeryNiceLady@BarnetPALS[/EMAIL] On Behalf Of BCF PALS (ROYAL FREE LONDON NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)
    Sent: 19 May 2015 11:47
    To: Froggitt
    Subject: RE: Attn Chief Executive

Dear Froggitt,
    Thank you for your e-mail.
    Firstly, I would like to confirm that the penalty charge will be cancelled due to the circumstances. However, I feel it would be really helpful to discuss your concerns with you.
    Is there a suitable time and telephone number that I can call you on?
    Kind regards
    VeryNiceLady
  • Froggitt
    Options
    I said that I had driven into maybe 1,000 pay and display carparks over the past 30 years, and this didn't appear any different.......but it was as you don't need to pay in advance, you could pay afterwards. This was most unclear as it had a machine that you put in money and dispenses sticky tickets.
    Also the cameras are at the entrance to the site not the entrance to the public carpark, which presumably leads to an increased number of complaints.
    She said they had changed things since the PE contract started in response to feedback. Accepted people in a hospital carpark are not usually going to read the small print on the machine.
    Was an existing contract with Royalfree when they took over Barnet.
    Didn't seem to know much about the Hunt directives or whether Barnet conformed to them.
    No response from the CEO as yet.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think a lot of english trusts seem unaware of the Jeremy Hunt guidelines

he has just been re-elected and also given the same job in the new cabinet, so you would have thought that hospital trusts would be aware of his "guidelines" set by the department he runs, seeing as they come under it

dont give up, keep on the job like this one here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5049715
  • Froggitt
    Options
    My missus said "Pay quickly and its only £60". Glad I ignore her.
  • Froggitt
    Options
    And now the final piece of the puzzle...............

Dear Froggitt
    Blah blah We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.
    Kind regards
    ParkingEye Team

I didn't realise I had an account with them. Who do they think they are.....Barclays Bank !!!!!!?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I like the "kind regards". Are you PE's best friend?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Froggitt - v.g. letter and correct result.
    Hope you intend a sniffy challenge re: 'this account'. Froggitt: WHAT 'account'?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Tink31
    Options
    Never done this before but just got home to find that I have received a parking fine from parking eye for parking in the a& e car park at Barnet general hospital with a blue badge for two hours forty six minutes despite the fact that I had registered it with the hospital and told by the hoital receptionist that we had three house parking with the blue badge . I am really stumped and not sure we're to start . Any advise please .
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the forum and glad you have found us ....

ok

the first thing that we ask new forum visitors to do is to read the newbies thread .... ( and don't try and read it all in one go)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Amongst all the good information found there in ... is that people should start their own unique thread ......

this stops people posting on old and maybe out of date threads ;)

and from information getting jumbled up with other posters :o

you will also learn that you have not received a 'fine' .... :eek:

you have in your possession a speculative invoice :)

you will learn to take a twofold approach on this heinous crime ;)

one official and one back to the hospital ......

have a read and then start a new thread here ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

top left .... new thread button ;)

good luck and come back for further information

Ralph:cool:
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    I think a lot of english trusts seem unaware of the Jeremy Hunt guidelines

They seem to change tune quickly enough when Jeremy is mentioned, so I suspect they know but are unwilling to help out initially due to laziness / kickbacks / cost. I would assume their contract with PE means they have to pay something out every time they get a ticket cancelled.

I don't believe they are all incompetent enough to have not been aware of this directive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure