PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2016 at 8:18AM
    Options
    RATS! I thought nobody would ever find out. It must have been the time i spent hanging out with the !!!!! at the OK Corall that did it. Or it could have been the many car crashes I had when I was a Grand Prix racing driver.

Who do I sue for the cost of T*n* L*dy?

x

WOW!!! We are not allowed to use the name of that famous Italian family. Their agents are everywhere.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Wonder if the lower birth rate in China & Hong Kong means that where that research was based those are more likely causes of abdominal & pelvic trauma?!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    For any who prefer the same thing written on a UK website (or for some reason find clicking on that link seems to have stopped working):

http://patient.info/doctor/abdominal-trauma
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone, hope you are all OK?

Miserable weather here today absolutely tipping down :( on the upside, it is a bit warmer today as it is 12 degrees :) My tumble dryer wouldn't work for the last couple of days because my kitchen was too cold! There's no heating in there so it does get pretty cold! Couldn't dry stuff on the radiators as the oil hasn't arrived yet so the washing has been piling up. Today will be a marathon laundry day I think! Fire is lit so we are lovely and toasty downstairs :)

Have a good day everyone!
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to the NHS I'm fixed like new and haven't had a bit of bother for the past 11 years. I don't know how it will effect me as I age but like many... in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.

Alcohol use has a detrimental effect on the bladder because in prolonged use there's risk associated with nerve damage and with kidney damage. Bladder weakness doesn't always stem from trauma and could very well be attributed to being over weight or even caffeine consumption.

It's never too late to start pelvic floor exercises. ;)

Bread on the go here. I haven't made a loaf for a good while and the only reason really is that I have ran out - naughty prepper! Also batching up chilli - some for tonight and some for DH's lunches.

I have the meeting with the Head this afternoon. I'll say my piece and nothing will change but I stand by the way I am and that is if I have an issue I will seek to resolve it.

Pretty stressful right now but seems I feed off that stuff of late.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Fuddle quick post to wish you well with the meeting today . Deep breath - you know your facts and you know your daughter . You have come so far over the years and I am confident northern nous and your work experience will get you a good result . Imagine a lot of us in pinnies bearing rolling pins in the room and go girl !
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle: I'll be with you in spirit this afternoon. Stick to your guns, don't be intimidated and if she is very frightening picture her with her knickers round her ankles - advice given to me years ago and it works every time. You will be
    OK because it's your offspring you are fighting for, and she is worth it a million times over.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will be with you in spirit this afternoon just stick to your guns.
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooooh good luck fuddle!
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will be thinking of you fuddle x
This discussion has been closed.