New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you stoplurking for having a read of my ramblings. You are quite right no clothes till Easter , probably beyond that when I see how full my wardrobes are. Plus I will take on board the idea of the lipstick.

Lunch taken in all week to work, meal planning stuck to , so all good in Cumbria lass land.
  • System
    Options
    Grandchild coming today could be a speedy day we will see. It's raining so indoor activity, think we will bake biscuits He loves all the stirring etc. Staying overnight with me as well , hoping to get.
    1. All housework done.
    2. Menu planner for next week.
    3. Shopping list for trip to Aldi .
    4. Lots of admin to do this weekend.
    5. Ironing to be done .
    6. Get eBay parcels ready to go.

Best get moving then.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Have a lovely day with your grandson.

On the buy-now-pay-later, I like that if its interest-free and I can pay it back in instalments.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Options
    Grandson and I enjoyed the day and he is snoring away . We did things at home today and took a walk so we didn't spend much just 1.50 on car parking .

Did shopping and spent £19.21 , are there any good meal planning forums on MSE that anyone can direct me to.?

Love reading other diaries , makes me realise how fortunate I am .
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Hi Cumbria Lass, there is loads of stuff on meal planning on the OS part of the board. Post 2 in this thread has loads of links

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5584600
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Options
    Boxofpaws thank you so much, I would have been looking forever. Have a good Sunday ��
  • System
    Options
    Updated signature , paid £150 to credit cards. Hope to add to this nearer pay day with eBay sales and any funds left over .

Have been reading some of the recipes in the thread above, have got lots of ideas for next weeks meal plan.

Spending diary up to date , bought petrol today as the price was cheapest I have seen it in the local area .

Not much else happening .
  • System
    Options
    Another £10 paid off from Quidco , it's very addictive debt busting . I have nearly finished off my eating out of the freezer , to think I have had nearly 4 weeks food plus fresh stuff. This weeks shopiing will probably be nearer to the £30 I have budgeted. I worry that I will spend too much, will have to make sure the shopping list comes with me ! Meal planning at the ready I think .
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you thought about online shopping? I'm sure I am saving money by checking everything before I press the magic button :)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Options
    I might try filling a shopping basket on Asda and see how I go on. Would rather go to my local Aldi though. I guess it's just a matter of control , and keeping focussed. I take my dad shopping with me so wouldn't like to stop that as it's helps parents out !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure