PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    13_10_12.gif Belated Birthday wishes knitwitch, hope you had a lovely weekend x
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes folks - now back to shifting the blubber :o
    Must use my stash up!
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Im sure people sense im really trying at this diet as yesterday I was given a twirl (the choc bar not just someone twirling :rotfl:) then ive come to work today someone has brought in a box of heros, my work collegue has given me a mars and plonked a bag of sweets on my desk!! :eek:

Mars put in hand bag to take home for OH as was the twirl yesterday, I have put a couple heros in my draw thinking maybe if I have one per day that will be ok, 3 jelly sweets eaten then moved them off my desk!!

Today:
    B: bran flakes, blueberries, strawberries, greek yog
    S: banana, pkt french fries 3 jelly sweets
    L: HM tuna & sweetcorn salad, 2 oatcakes, 2 satsumas
    S: Apple
    T: Tuna steaks with spagetti & hm pasta sauce

IF hungry later ill try and have something healthy..........i said this last night & ended up eating a freddo!! Oh well only 94 cals!

Be good all :)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon

I found a Freddo in the shop this morning (I didn't actually find it! I located it on the shelf and bought it.) I saved it until this afternoon and then after my exercise DVD I ate it as slowly as I could and it was lush.

I think this could be the way to go, it's pretty low in calories but it's got the taste I crave.

I went for my usual walk this morning but it's so cold I couldn't face it again this afternoon so I did extra on my DVD instead. I could see my breath outside when I was hanging out the washing mid morning.
  • afoolwithmoney
    Options
    Ok due to working silly hours the last few weeks all sensible eating & exercise has gone right out the window. BUT somehow Ive managed sts now Ive four days off & as a great list maker top of the agenda is to get a routine in place once more....Right now girl get knitting keep those fingers busy :)
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy belated birthday KnitWitch!
    Pollybear wrote: »
    I found a Freddo in the shop this morning (I didn't actually find it! I located it on the shelf and bought it.) I saved it until this afternoon and then after my exercise DVD I ate it as slowly as I could and it was lush.

I think this could be the way to go, it's pretty low in calories but it's got the taste I crave.

I'm glad it worked for you, it was a good treat for me too, whenever I had a real craving.

My weekend at my parents has now come to an end. It was pretty typical of a weekend at home - lots of meals out, and my parents bought some treats for when I did eat in the house. I think I saw 2 small side salads and 2 raspberries the whole 4 days I was there (I'm not sure the raspberries count because they were on top of cakes!)

Going to draw a line under the weekend. Will have to grin and bear the results on the scales on Friday, and the clean eating starts again tomorrow. Been reading up on nutrition, and am going to up the fibre content in my diet for a couple of weeks to see if it helps my waistline.
  • fluffysox
    fluffysox Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still full of cold, but got out, running round the park today playing hide and seek. DS1 managed to run into a swing and has a big gash on his tongue so needed lots of tlc.

Food diary:
    B: Plum, 1 piece multigrain toast with thinly spread brussels pate.
    L: tuna, sweetcorn mayo sandwich. (white bread)
    D: Golden veg rice with fried onion, orange pepper, carrot and 3 sausages chopped in. (shared with DH so actually only 1.5 sausages)
    S: Two mini eggs, 2 belvita breakfast biscuits, tangerine
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    B - F&F, Greek yogurt
    D - grilled bacon, sausage, tomato, sauteed onion, mushrooms, fried potato, fried egg
    T - 2 bread rolls, 1 with cheese & pickle, 1 with apricot jam
    S - apple, pineapple
    E - 5x 5 mins treadmill @ 2.5 mph

Sweet dreams :)
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Minicooper- I read fibre is good for your diet/filling you up the only downside is it can get alittle erm.............windy :rotfl:

Not much to report here apart from i cracked yesterday and ate 2 hero chocs!

Ive come into work today and my friend has given me a bag of crisps!! Everyday this week someone at work has given me food- they either think i need fattening up (unlikely!) or that im some sort of human dustbin :rotfl:

Today:

B: 1 seeded bread toasted with butter, 2 eggs scrambled
    S: 1 boiled sweet, banana
    L: HM tuna & sweetcorn salad with carrot sticks and 2 oakcakes
    S: 2 satsumas, apple
    T: cheese sandwich, french fries, mini (you aint kidding!) choc bar

Be good :)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Minicooper- I read fibre is good for your diet/filling you up the only downside is it can get alittle erm.............windy :rotfl:

:eek::eek: Well it didn't warn about that side effect!! I'll bear that in mind before I go nuts for fibre then...

Got the worst sinus headache today, it's made me feel a bit queasy. Stopped to get hayfever tablets to see if that would help, but also bought a couple of 'sorry for myself' treats :o

Also, not sure if the headache is driving me a little nuts, but I think my new housemates have been helping themselves to my cheese. I opened a new block last Thursday to grate a small amount of cheese over a tray bake. I was away Friday to last night, but this evening I only had half a block left, and it was sliced flat (no grating bumps). I know that will make me sound petty, but I was really proud of how long I was making my cheese last, and now "I've" used half a block over 2 meals :eek:

To go all out for a strop, at least if they keep helping themselves to my cheese, I'll be more inclined to buy none at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure