So much debt :-(

Options

Comments

• Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've decided any survey money I make I'm going to use as spending money this month so hoping I'll not dip into my credit card �� I have just got a second job but waiting on start date now. Feeling very positive!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    I've decided any survey money I make I'm going to use as spending money this month so hoping I'll not dip into my credit card �� I have just got a second job but waiting on start date now. Feeling very positive!

It's great your feeling so positive, leave your credit card at home so you can't use.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Rachel,

You're making great progress so far, well done.

I think its a great idea to have some spending money, otherwise is pointless just debtbusting all the time. xx
  • Rachel24
    Options
    I'm actually so excited! I got invited to a panel called consumer pulse where I just need to put my weekly shopping in online and it works out I get about a £10 voucher a month. I can get Debenhams voucher which will cover my make up. Also will put some towards buying birthday presents throughout the year.
    Also discovered with the opinion outpost survey site they will give you vouchers when you reach a certain amount. They have next vouchers I'm going to use this as extra to get my next account down. Plan is my second job to clear my credit cards too. Wish I'd known about these survey sites a long time ago!
  • Rachel24
    Options
    Well I had a spend day today. Had to buy my Niece's birthday present. She's only 6, I got her a frozen dress because she wants one and I'll get her something else just not sure what yet. I'm aiming for 10 NSD's for the month of August. I get paid tomorrow and I'm just going to pay the minimum to all my debts this month but only because I have so much on in August. From September I'll start paying more plus hopefully by then I'll of started my second job!

My balance on survey account is now £5 and I've only done it for 3 days. I'm aiming for £20 by the end of August.
  • reality_check
    Options
    it is called Prolific Academic - look at me calling it PA like an old pro, only used it a few weeks but it is so good! You need to answer a million questions at the start and they give you surveys that relate to you. They are quite interesting, mine have all been about how I view work colleagues, diets and exercise, shopping habits, personality traits and a few random other things! I have £27.73 and £6 something pending, hoping to build up to £50 then cash out again. Sign up :)

Your shopping thing sounds great with the £10 voucher, did you find that online? I will have a google and see if I can sign up. Wish I started these survey sites sooner too!

xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Rachel24
    Options
    I joined volunteer 4 panels and got invited through that, you have to be invited you can't add someone in.

So payday tomorrow!!! Actually can't wait!
  • Rachel24
    Options
    So me, my OH and DS went food shopping last night. (DS is actually my stepson but he's now 13 and I've known him since he was 6 and we're very close)
    We normally go to Aldi and Asda and last night we spent £160! Our food shopping budget for the month is £400. I think we can easily get that down. I've said to OH we should buy all food in Aldi, toiletries in boots so I get the advantage card points and then we should get our diesel from Tesco so we get clubcard points. We're going to try it, I shouldn't spend anymore than £20/30 in the next 2 weeks because we have so much food and should only need milk, veg etc!
  • Lucylocks
    Lucylocks Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    I find boots super expensive even allowing for the points. I try and get toiletries and household cleaning stuff in home bargains - usually comes in around £20/25 per month. I am a detergent snob and buy branded clothes and dishwasher stuff and this is by far cheapest place I've found
    LBM 28/3/17 £24,971 :eek: 28/6/17 £14,376 42% paid
  • Rachel24
    Options
    Thanks lucylocks. I have a homebargains beside me. Never go in there I'll check it out this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure