Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• The_Wingco
    The_Wingco Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    Two that I am aware of - one Jet2 and the other Monarch. But sometimes defeat in the small claims is not always the end ...
    Meaning? An appeal? What subsequent action could be initiated in the event of failure at this stage
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    The_Wingco wrote: »
    Meaning? An appeal? What subsequent action could be initiated in the event of failure at this stage

Yes. You can appeal to a higher court. It would most likely be costly - but I doubt that an airline would ever risk it. High courts set precedents, which small claims do not ...
  • Adie_Cartwright
    Options
    I spoke to Morgan Mulay yesterday regarding three delay claims. One which i have received a cheque for, one which they are defending, and one yet to be filed with the courts. The problem is, there is nothing that confirms which claim the cheque corresponds to, and whilst the conversation was amicable, it became clear that Ms Mulay was seeking to obtain discontinuation of all claims on the basis of this cheque being issued (amounting to the value of one claim). I suggested I may be in a position to drop one of the claims (as a show of compromise to the courts) so Ms Mulay asked for all the details including offer of withdrawal to be sent to her personal email. In return she would immediately confirm which claim had been paid out on. Not trusting Ms Mulay, I inserted the caveat of only withdrawing the third claim subject to the other claims being contested and dealt with in an honest and fair manner.
    Well, guess what? Well over 24 hours later and still no confirmation reply. Morgan, you have shot yourself in the foot. You clearly cannot be trusted and I would advise anyone on here to take anything you say with a pinch of salt. I intend to follow up both remaining claims despite your insistance that I don't stand a chance of winning, and particularly in light of your claim that new precedents had been set in a ruling on 22nd July regarding EC's. More lies and deception.
    I know you read this forum Ms Mulay - I shall now invoke the caveat thanks to your disgraceful deceit, and shall inform the court of your attempts to use the cheque as a means of gaining full and final settlement by deception.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    cart583 wrote: »
    has anyone had any good news on their claim for this flight? our claim was rejected due to extraordinary circumstances so i assigned it to flightmole. i have just received an email from them saying they are not going to pursue it. they did state some technical jargon but think thats it now - no compensation for us

flighmole are a waste of time and effort im sorry i ever went near them, They simply repeated the steps I had already completed and then when got the same response sat on it for 6 months and did nothing further, Ive gave it to another group of solicitors http://www.flightdelaycompensation.eu/

http://www.clearlawonline.co.uk/

Cant comment on the merits of them other than they have been very helpful so far, and if your going to give up why not give it to someone else
  • glentoran99
    Options
    I spoke to Morgan Mulay yesterday regarding three delay claims. One which i have received a cheque for, one which they are defending, and one yet to be filed with the courts. The problem is, there is nothing that confirms which claim the cheque corresponds to, and whilst the conversation was amicable, it became clear that Ms Mulay was seeking to obtain discontinuation of all claims on the basis of this cheque being issued (amounting to the value of one claim). I suggested I may be in a position to drop one of the claims (as a show of compromise to the courts) so Ms Mulay asked for all the details including offer of withdrawal to be sent to her personal email. In return she would immediately confirm which claim had been paid out on. Not trusting Ms Mulay, I inserted the caveat of only withdrawing the third claim subject to the other claims being contested and dealt with in an honest and fair manner.
    Well, guess what? Well over 24 hours later and still no confirmation reply. Morgan, you have shot yourself in the foot. You clearly cannot be trusted and I would advise anyone on here to take anything you say with a pinch of salt. I intend to follow up both remaining claims despite your insistance that I don't stand a chance of winning, and particularly in light of your claim that new precedents had been set in a ruling on 22nd July regarding EC's. More lies and deception.
    I know you read this forum Ms Mulay - I shall now invoke the caveat thanks to your disgraceful deceit, and shall inform the court of your attempts to use the cheque as a means of gaining full and final settlement by deception.

any link for this?
  • glentoran99
    Options
    The new guidlines seem t obe a get our of jail free card for technical faults for airlines, and seems to ignore the wallentin part of 'being caused by something not inherent in the normal operation'
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    I don't stand a chance of winning, and particularly in light of your claim that new precedents had been set in a ruling on 22nd July regarding EC's

Make a written request addresssed to her, asking her to sight the case and the court and the ruling in detail..........

at the same time give ~NBA notice as well.....
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    The new guidlines seem t obe a get our of jail free card for technical faults for airlines, and seems to ignore the wallentin part of 'being caused by something not inherent in the normal operation'

What new guidelines????
  • dstainer
    dstainer Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Another success here after going the MCOL route..... After initially saying that they'd defend, Monarch then decided they weren't going to at the 11th hour. I now have a cheque for the full amount, without going to court.

My only gripe is that I filled out my initial MCOL claim incorrectly and didn't add the interest to the total amount. I mistakenly thought this would be calculated 'on day of ruling/settlement' but apparently you have to factor it in up to the date you raise the claim and then you can add any additional interest on afterwards. Has anyone else found some of the MCOL forms vague and open to interpretation?

This aside it's a good result - I'm happy from a point of principle as much as anything. To anybody not sure and been given the standard EC excuses, airlines will not listen until the courts get involved. My advice would be, if you know you have a good case then go for it. Be persistent and be confident - study the rulings, know your rights and don't get fobbed off.

Good luck everybody!!
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    LBD wrote: »
    What new guidelines????

Is it these ones? http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62649351

(Not very helpful, as the article doesn't actually give a link, but at least it mentions them so it's not just someone's imagination.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure